Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Isnt The Lens A Repeatable Reward?

Hypernaut1

I think Inglu makes a great point. It really is the lesser of 2 evils.

As I said before and stand by it: Lenses, of ANY kind, are a trash reward to me and my sortie partner.

Yes, they can be placed on any frame, any weapon, so in theory they have plenty of use. But personally? (And obviously NOT just personally, as they made the change based on prior feedback anyways) I have one tree, and its' the only one I want right now. (Zenurik for those curious). I have what I want from it, and the only other thing to do is get the CD reduction so I can get my passive going faster.

Now that said, Theres toooons of focus I could still dump into the tree, unlocking everything, even if I didn't want to use it.

But lets be honest, most of the talents in most of the trees are trash, and not worth the additional CD and effort to your ability. Think original status mods for weapons. So little benefit for the effort and cost. There's a few more trees I want to get into (Naramon mainly, otherwise the rest of them are not worth it to me).

All that said, I only used 2 Zenurik lenses (basic not greater) on a frame and weapon. And I could cap my focus in about 30 minutes max. So there's no need for greater lenses. There's no need for tons of other lenses.

Last point I want to make. You are arguing for people who WANT multiple lens rewards. But honestly i'd say you would ballpark in the same realm of players that want multiple blueprint parts for Nezha, weapons, etc. (numberwise)

Those technically have infinite value as well (trade value) and some people may want multiple Nezha bp's to sell. But for the general public, its' better that they have limited it to 1 a season.

And if you really want lenses, then worst case scenario for you, do 9-10 sorties of the season to pretty much guarantee the 5 lenses you can get, and wait a couple days for the new season. Saving PLENTY of people's displeasure (MAJOR displeasure) is worth having you not get all the lenses.

Just my 2 plats,

~Az

Because we already have TONS of them(and 3 Nezha sets - want one?), I'd rather get a reward I can use. A greater lens can be bought from the market for 40p, honestly I just sell a Sancti Tigris for 30p plus a few spare parts and I can do that every week no worries. I don't need to instantly put so many lenses on my frames, I already have about 10 greater lenses on my most used frames and weaponry.

Edited by Zilchy

-then DE failed to make focus meaningful if players prefer 25r5s. You can get r5 cores in many places.

Removing lens DOES NOT increase your chance at rare sortie rewards.

I guarantee the same people rejoicing about 25 r4 cores will be the SAME people here next week complaining about getting too many 25 r5 cores "every day".

Edited by Hypernaut1

No because you can only have 1 greater lens per Warframe and per weapon. Given that most players probably main about 3-5 frames and around 20 weapons, that's only 25 greater lenses they require. And believe me, most people have probably gotten at least half the required lenses for that through Sorties already. I know I have. I'd prefer cores as I already have greater lenses on each frame and weapon I use regularly.

Believe most of the people didnt get  enought lenses. I know i havent, and probably the new guys that start playing on this rotation or that dont play regularly will also dont have enough.

The prices of lenses will rise, although there were too cheap. I dont believe 50% extra gain of affinity from a greater lense to be worth an extra 30-35 plat.

Edited by Heliopata