Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Division Pc Beta

VKhaun

Anyone else pick this up?

I'm surprised by how SIMPLE it is... The videos and descriptions made me think it was going to be button heavy and complex, but it's really, really, really stupid-simple. I do like it, but I'm worried I'll get bored with it if I settle into a favorite weapon and skill set.

From what I saw, on the surface it appeared very accessible to fans of that genre. Remarkable graphics (I am not difficult to please), compelling open world with very lite mmo feel, and class based co-op tactics.  Pretty solid foundation but nothing too out of the ordinary.

What REALLY made it seem unique was this past E3 where they introduced the idea of friendly-fire in evac zones where you could steal teammates loot. It's basically a PVP version of kicking a teammate after they helped you get past a difficult part of a Raid but encouraged. I personally do not find any interest in that level of cruelty but I'm guessing that for sake of intensity and forming RL friendships/trust relationships it will have it's audience. 

It's kind of a weird notion where they looked at the Meta of loot-driven MMO Shooters (Destiny) and how communities will outright troll one another to "keep up with the joneses" and made the meta of those games the ACTUAL game of their game. 

Edited by (PS4)El__Lobo_Loco

I've only had about two hours with it (beta started between 12hr night shifts. :/) so far but I'm looking forward to playing it again. It has grenades, open areas, smaller numbers of enemies and lots of equippable loot drops so it's refreshingly different from Warframe.

The cover system is pretty harsh though. It seems to passively reduce incoming damage. Just standing behind/against stuff like I do on Warframe results in the noobie mobs shredding my HP, which only regenerates the last third you used, and medkits to get back to full seem uncommon so far. Using the cover system I never lose the first third of my HP and run around taking little tags of damage and regenerating back to full.

For now I'm cheesing it a bit by using an SMG and stacking damage gear, killing stuff in CQC before it shoots me, but I don't think that's going to last past the noobie zone. I might get tired of using cover all the time but we'll see.

Edited by VKhaun

Spent 9 hours playing the game by hunting down rogues... M1A1 + M249 + Revolver is the best loadout. Hunted down 3 gold-circled manhunt targets in a row. 

Is that in the DZ?

I had a few hours with it again between shifts. I've cleared the whole PvE side of missions and nothing new is popping up. I went into the DZ to see if I could find a way through to another zone, but haven't found one so far.

Where do you start manhunts?

Is that in the DZ?

I had a few hours with it again between shifts. I've cleared the whole PvE side of missions and nothing new is popping up. I went into the DZ to see if I could find a way through to another zone, but haven't found one so far.

Where do you start manhunts?

Manhunts start automatically on a player when they've killed 5 innocent players. Killing them gives a lot of DZ currency.

Manhunts start automatically on a player when they've killed 5 innocent players. Killing them gives a lot of DZ currency.

Ah, DZ stuff.

I was looking for something to do PvE side and was hoping you meant NPC's.

I've never seen a game's PvE so dead as before I went to work today. My map was empty except that one mission that was repeatable... Maybe that's just to get people to move out of the noobie zone at release and the next zone will be nice and busy?

Ah, DZ stuff.

I was looking for something to do PvE side and was hoping you meant NPC's.

I've never seen a game's PvE so dead as before I went to work today. My map was empty except that one mission that was repeatable... Maybe that's just to get people to move out of the noobie zone at release and the next zone will be nice and busy?

The intentionally removed roaming npcs, and nearly most stationary npcs for the beta. They even limited the beta to one story, a few side miss-- They basically let us play a few % of their game.

Edited by RevivedEdgeLord

The intentionally removed roaming npcs, and nearly most stationary npcs for the beta. They even limited the beta to one story, a few side miss-- They basically let us play a few % of their game.

Apparently a few % of a few %.

This is my last night working before I get a few nights off, but just playing an hour or two between shifts each morning I've already 100% cleared the beta PvE content! And I can't even judge the noobie PvE content because all the skills and talents are locked!

Hopefully the release will have <insert feature I did not get to test> to keep things interesting.

Back to WF or single player stuff for my nights off...

Apparently a few % of a few %.

This is my last night working before I get a few nights off, but just playing an hour or two between shifts each morning I've already 100% cleared the beta PvE content! And I can't even judge the noobie PvE content because all the skills and talents are locked!

Hopefully the release will have <insert feature I did not get to test> to keep things interesting.

Back to WF or single player stuff for my nights off...

There's footage of media versions for consoles. Although game-play mechanics are the same, you can see more content compared to the beta.

Also, the beta got a 24hr extension. check their twitter.

Edited by RevivedEdgeLord

Worst beta ever. I'm approaching 7,500 (mostly bloggy and TL;DR) posts for Warframe and I can't think of a word to say on their beta forums because all the features and areas were locked. I heard some people calling it a stress test so I hope that's all they intended to get out of it, development wise.

The enemies on hard mode were a bit bullet spongey but their names were purple and yellow. If they follow the same color progression as gear I was four tiers undergeared using mostly green gear with a few blues, plus I had no talents and only noobie skills to equip... so I really have no idea...

I'm glad I know the general feel of most of the guns though. When it goes live, or if they do the rumored open beta thing in two weeks I can go straight for my RPK and 1911.

I had a lot of fun with the beta ,

Can't wait to try the full game,

It was simple ... Or just easy to get into.

I don't think it will be the kinda game you dedicate countless hours too constantly,

But it will be fun to pick up and run through grabbing new gear and pimping out your fave. weapons.

For me it was all about the guns!

Worst beta ever. I'm approaching 7,500 (mostly bloggy and TL;DR) posts for Warframe and I can't think of a word to say on their beta forums because all the features and areas were locked. I heard some people calling it a stress test so I hope that's all they intended to get out of it, development wise.

The enemies on hard mode were a bit bullet spongey but their names were purple and yellow. If they follow the same color progression as gear I was four tiers undergeared using mostly green gear with a few blues, plus I had no talents and only noobie skills to equip... so I really have no idea...

I'm glad I know the general feel of most of the guns though. When it goes live, or if they do the rumored open beta thing in two weeks I can go straight for my RPK and 1911.

A beta's a beta and I wouldn't have said comparing Warframe's 'beta' to it is a suitable comparison. Not sure how much you actually expected to play or actually get from it. They've let you roam, do some missions, play PvP and get a feel for numerous things, while introducing you to some of the features. I mean further to that, if they let you do everything in the beta it's going to be a bit problematic as by the time the full game hits it's likely you'll quickly have a 'well, more of the same' approach. It'll totally lose that new feel.

Rather far from the worst, I'd say. Felt like the standard 'beta' trend you frequently get from game companies these days, which are clearly geared towards being a bit of a demo too.

Edited by Naith

Love the small features in the game, for example, when reloading the mosin-nagant or "Classic M44 Carbine" when it's not completely empty, the character would place each individual bullet in, whereas when it's completely empty, the character would pull out a strip of bullets and push it in.

Also, the stances when using sidearms, between aiming down the sight (weaver stance), and shooting without aiming (center axis relock - C.A.R.). 

Weaver stance:

Choosing-Weaver.jpg

C.A.R.:

CAR.jpg?c=a8p

I'm actually really interested in this game, heard a lot of good thing about it from people in council chat.

I'm going to wait for day one though and see where it stand from there.

There was a hole here, now it's gone. I guess...  (╯°Д°)︵ ┻━┻

A beta's a beta and I wouldn't have said comparing Warframe's 'beta' to it is a suitable comparison. Not sure how much you actually expected to play or actually get from it. They've let you roam, do some missions, play PvP and get a feel for numerous things, while introducing you to some of the features. I mean further to that, if they let you do everything in the beta it's going to be a bit problematic as by the time the full game hits it's likely you'll quickly have a 'well, more of the same' approach. It'll totally lose that new feel.

Rather far from the worst, I'd say. Felt like the standard 'beta' trend you frequently get from game companies these days, which are clearly geared towards being a bit of a demo too.

As far as I'm aware, the point of a beta is to test the game and find bugs, which is kinda impossible when 99% of it is locked.

As far as I'm aware, the point of a beta is to test the game and find bugs, which is kinda impossible when 99% of it is locked.

Hardly.

You can still do that with what they've released with to us. It's rather obvious what we've also got is a basis for the rest of the game.

Further to that you can't expect them to release the full and open version.

People are expecting too much.

Further to that you can't expect them to release the full and open version.

People are expecting too much.

"Enemies were a bit too tough/easy!"

-Beta Tester with no access to passives, actives or gear.

"X caused balance issues in PvP!"

-Beta tester with no access to passives or actives, and no idea what bonuses are available on higher tier gear.

"The new player experience could have been improved with Y..."

-Beta tester who started lv4 instead of 0 or 1, unlocked passives but didn't actually get passives and explored a noobie zone with random encounters and dynamic content turned off.

See the pattern here?

I wouldn't call it anything but a demo.

If the devs claim it was a stress test or technical experiment of some kind I won't call them liars and I'll roll with that, but I have a very hard time calling myself any sort of tester.

"Enemies were a bit too tough/easy!"

-Beta Tester with no access to passives, actives or gear.

"X caused balance issues in PvP!"

-Beta tester with no access to passives or actives, and no idea what bonuses are available on higher tier gear.

"The new player experience could have been improved with Y..."

-Beta tester who started lv4 instead of 0 or 1, unlocked passives but didn't actually get passives and explored a noobie zone with random encounters and dynamic content turned off.

See the pattern here?

I wouldn't call it anything but a demo.

If the devs claim it was a stress test or technical experiment of some kind I won't call them liars and I'll roll with that, but I have a very hard time calling myself any sort of tester.

Despite it being limited it was still a test/'beta', regardless of its form.

To be honest we did have access to gear.

Again, expecting too much.

Edited by Naith

I tried the division beta. Felt like a weird fusion of far cry, ghost recon, and cod.  It's not entirely bad, but to be honest I was hoping they'd stay true to the tom clancy games by making it feel at least semi realistic. it's clearly an arcade shooter and they make that point straight away in the tutorial for the beta. It might be okay to pick up and try but I wont be preordering it or buying it at full price.