The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Argon Scope Vs Bladed Rounds

Domaik

Question

Which one and why?

Which one for tonkor?

Which one for soma prime?

Say I am going to fight lvl 100 enemies....

My tests in the simulacrum (with tonkor)show no difference between both of them on lvl 100 corrupted heavy gunners.... Only that argon scope does get you on red crits but they kill in the same amount of shots...

i need closure! which one!

EDIT:

further testing with tonkor has proved:

tonkor alwas procs argon scope effect (at least for me)

-with argon scope on lvl 100 heavy corrupted gunner I was able to kill them with 3 shots of tonkor.

-with bladed rounds (provided you kill an enemy beforehand) I was able to kill lvl 100 corrupted gunners in 3 shots as well.

with argon scope i didnt have the need to find other enemies to kill before getting on with the heavy enemy; with bladed rounds you do (duh)

argon scope made red crits very common.

Edited by Domaik

9 answers to this question

Personally I would say that argon scope gets more valuable as your weapon gets slower.  Sure, your Soma can get a handful of red crits instead of doing mostly yellow crits....whatevs.  But when you put it on a sniper rifle, or something like a latron wraith, where the difference between a headshot that crits and a headshot that doesn't crit is EASILY the difference between killing the target or wounding them...

The more each shot of your weapon is "worth" in action time, aiming time, or reloading, the more important it is to have reliable performance rather than extreme peaks and valleys.

Edited by Momaw

Crit chance up to 100% is incredibly valuable on any crit weapon. Past that, it has far less value. As a result, the Soma and Vectis get huge benefit from Argon Scope while the Dread gets much less benefit.

The thing to remember is that red crits are only twice the crit damage, which means that they are significantly less than 2x damage. The first 100% damage of a critical shot is still normal damage, which isn't doubled.

I think guy aboube gave good guideline, chc to get to 100, chd if you are already near. 

And depends on weapon type - Tonkor definitely chd /bladed rounds because you expect to hit headshots with tonkor? Cmon. And since normally modded had 90% of chc already.

Explosions have a VERY high chance of headshotting, absurdly high in fact. I've seen Tonkors repeatedly proc Argon Scope with little to no effort.

Argon Scope will let it red crit, which gives a (2.5+(2.5x1.2))X2 = 11x crit multiplier at a 34.5% chance, 5.5x every other hit.

Bladed rounds gives 2.5+(2.5 x2.4) = 8.5x crit multiplier at a 87.5% chance, 1x at every other hit.

In Tonkor's case, its very hard to draw a proper conclusion.

I was talking about tonkor. 

my tonkor has 80something% chance of critting and the explosion ALWAYS counts as headshot (at least for me) so the argon scope effect is always triggered with tonkor....

I keep trying in the simulacrum vs lvl 100 enemies and i see no difference except with bladed rounds you need to kill for it to start working. with argon scope it triggers off first shot.

I will keep testing to see numbers...

as for soma prime i still need to do testing on that one

EDIT:

further testing with tonkor has proved:

tonkor alwas procs argon scope effect (at least for me)

-with argon scope on lvl 100 heavy corrupted gunner I was able to kill them with 3 shots of tonkor.

-with bladed rounds (provided you kill an enemy beforehand) I was able to kill lvl 100 corrupted gunners in 3 shots as well.

with argon scope i didnt have the need to find other enemies to kill before getting on with the heavy enemy; with bladed rounds you do (duh)

argon scope made red crits very common.

Edited by Domaik