Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is Going On About The Ban / Suspension Policy And Such?

crimsonspartan1

I want to know what is going on about this as most people seem to be on about it. From what I heard from people de are over the top when it comes to bans and suspensions and there's a guy who's hacking people's accounts and getting them banned?

Sorry if I'm incorrect but can someone please fill me in on the details or the basics?

People who have been playing the game for years and done nothing wrong are being banned. The problem is that they are almost never informed why, it's usually not their fault, and support takes weeks to respond. The most common problem is when people buy platinum and then charge the purchase back on their credit card so anyone still holding that plat will get banned, even if they weren't the one making the charge back. The point is, overly reactive ban systems, ridiculously slow support, and its usually not the users fault.

I think a large problem with the bans is that most of them are automated, and support is just so backlogged that they can't sort through them properly. Yeah, the bans are pretty over the top, especially the victims of the charge back for plat and something should change with it.

Well, most of the time, free speech is not tolerated, thus silencing tactics.

There is no free speech on forums like this, we agree to follow the rules when we register and we say something out of line then we get punished. It's like that on a large portion of forums.

the core of the problem with whatever is going on here lies with Credit Companies.

allowing Consumers to back charge anything they want willy nilly is stupid.

you know why American Express is carried less than other Credit Companies? they've had willy nilly back charging for YEARS. and Businesses don't like it. rightfully so.

There isn't some entity that is hacking into people's accounts to get them banned.

The most prominent issue we are currently seeing is Platinum drawbacks. This is where, usually, an amount of Platinum is either traded or gifted to an individual who can't back that Platinum amount with their existing Platinum. They then spend this Platinum or trade it off once more. 

However, somehow, down the line, the original purchaser fails to provide proper payment of said Platinum, whether by payment withdrawal, bouncing bank accounts, etc. Whatever it may be.

This leads to a call back of that affected Platinum including from the users who had been gifted items or traded for it. Without existing Platinum to back that Platinum that is called back, the account dips into a negative Platinum balance, resulting in what is most likely an auto-ban.

This is, of course, information compiled from the mass of sources I've read on the issue.

I am rather confident that DE is currently looking into fixing this issue, just from the mere mass of the topics posted weekly, even daily.

Elsewise, it is usually the account holder violating the EULA in some way they do not yet understand until they contact the appropriate body (i.e. Warframe Support).

Well, most of the time, free speech is not tolerated, thus silencing tactics.

This isn't the case at all, no.

There isn't some entity that is hacking into people's accounts to get them banned.

The most prominent issue we are currently seeing is Platinum drawbacks. This is where, usually, an amount of Platinum is either traded or gifted to an individual who can't back that Platinum amount with their existing Platinum. They then spend this Platinum or trade it off once more.

However, somehow, down the line, the original purchaser fails to provide proper payment of said Platinum, whether by payment withdrawal, bouncing bank accounts, etc. Whatever it may be.

This leads to a call back of that affected Platinum including from the users who had been gifted items or traded for it. Without existing Platinum to back that Platinum that is called back, the account dips into a negative Platinum balance, resulting in what is most likely an auto-ban.

This is, of course, information compiled from the mass of sources I've read on the issue.

I am rather confident that DE is currently looking into fixing this issue, just from the mere mass of the topics posted weekly, even daily.

Elsewise, it is usually the account holder violating the EULA in some way they do not yet understand until they contact the appropriate body (i.e. Warframe Support).

This isn't the case at all, no.

how many warning points until ban/suspension?

I have always questioned one thing: If I traded something for plat ( for example a mod, lets say primed flow rank 10 ) so I give that mod and get the plat from trading.

The user who gave me plat does the chargeback and I get the negative plat, what happens to the mod or the item that you traded? Is it getting back to the previous owner, or am I getting banned and not getting my item back?

Edited by Ognj

We do not issue bans purely on subjective morality. When a significant amount of clear TOS and EULA violations have occurred, we step in and issue a sanction in accordance with the violation. Please keep in mind that appropriate action is taken provided there is evidence of the instance(s) in which the violations took place. Our Support/Community team offer the opportunity to correct reprimandable behavior. However, abuse of that courtesy is not tolerated in Warframe. 

In short, do not violate the TOS and EULA that you have agreed to upon downloading Warframe and respect your fellow Tenno.