Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
Koumei & the Five Fates: Known Issues ×

Obsidian Skin Feedback

[DE]Drew

Obsidian Skin Feedback  

159 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yes, please.

I'm not a big fan of the Digital Camo with moving pixels for energy, look. If you all made the energy flow at least have more of a Prisma look to it, or something, just that would be a big improvement.

The current Obsidian skins look 'ok' but could look a whole lot better IMO, especially the older weapon skins. 

They could use a little more "umph" or "whoa" factor. They're great, but look a bit dull. Perhaps more vibrancy, or texture. New energy pattern could be a nice change. In my opinion, the energy pattern is a bit childish. It looks a little weird with the designs of the items you released the skin on.

I mean it is a contribution to the PlayStation community, right? So I guess like add something PlayStation oriented. Like, I would like to see and energy pattern that looks similar to the flow theme on the PlayStation 4. Or a pulsating energy pattern. Or pulsating-flow-theme energy pattern. Just giving ideas.

Overall, I feel like you should leave everything about the skins alone, but change the energy pattern. Either way, if you do change anything about it, I'll be okay with it. I've liked all of the designs in Warframe so far. You guys haven't let me down with your creativity yet. ^_^

Edited by (PS4)Agonizin_Death

The Helios obsidian skin needs more work but out of all of them I enjoy the obsidian liset skin and the obsidian head piece for sentinel. I wish that when I apply braton obsidian to prime that it would keep the primed counterpart but oh well. :]

The energy flow reminds me of when you spawn in void which I like 

Edited by (PS4)Killerworld

if its new and in a renowon pack i will buy it whether i like it or not. i bought the silva and aegis skins and i had to build the weapon again just to be able to view it in game. keep it coming guys

You had to build another Silva & Aegis? The Renown pack should come with a pre built Silva & Aegis with it's own weapon slot. 

I voted Yes, but I am voting that way while hoping that an "Updated Look" means you will plan to stay true to the current styling. The pulsating digi camo look is AMAZING and is one of the only reasons I still roll out my Excal WF from time to time. Maybe changing the specific effects of color changing (as it placement)? Maybe changing from "digi" camo to "tigerstripe" camo?

Either way, I'm sure that whatever changes are done will be well done and amazing ;)

Generally...

I've never liked that the Obsidian skin sorta "scrolls" its animation.  It's particularly chaotic on items where the skin is scrolling in different directions for different parts, like on the Excalibur skin.

I've never been fond of the animated layer, too - it's, what, little black blocks?  I really want to like it, in the spirit of blocky digital camouflage, but something about it is too flat and too blocky.

My opinion on the scroll might be different if it was at a slower speed, but I'd still still never "get" the blocky business of it.

I'm sorry I don't have any alternatives to suggest, at least for now, since I hate dropping so much negativity without a cherry on top, but ... I mean, you know how it can be, right?  I'll keep thinking on it, though.  I've bought all of the Renown packs to date, even though the skins weren't all that appealing, mostly as a show of support for the program.  The platinum helps a lot, too, of course.  :D