Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is It Worth It, To Use My Broken-War, To Make War?

Monsterwithin

Question

16 answers to this question

If you like big swords/bladed melee (Galatine or Scindo) definitely worth it but you'll lose the catalyst. If not, not worth using just to get MR points, only to break it again but lose the tater.

I have both and they are both pretty much top of their respective classes. Although I do have a Galatine set up that overshadows my use for War.

Both weapons are the top choices in their respective weapon categories. It just depends whether you like using a sine sword or a large sword more. Both of them drop from shadow stalker so its not like youre giving one up forever to keep the other.

If you like big swords/bladed melee (Galatine or Scindo) definitely worth it but you'll lose the catalyst. If not, not worth using just to get MR points, only to break it again but lose the tater.

I have both and they are both pretty much top of their respective classes. Although I do have a Galatine set up that overshadows my use for War.

I'd say wait, isn't Broken War supposed to drop prebuilt from Sorties eventually?

Think I read that in Bunny's overview.

Nope, can't see it. I read it somewhere though, unless my eyes are failing me already.

Both weapons are the top choices in their respective weapon categories. It just depends whether you like using a sine sword or a large sword more. Both of them drop from shadow stalker so its not like youre giving one up forever to keep the other.

It comes down to personal preference. I prefer War, but Broken-War does have its perks, plus gets some of the movements from Vengeful Rev. Stanc, which is pretty cool.

I'd say to go for it, War is mastery rank, and a pretty awesome weapon, like a better Galatine.

No matter what you choose, you can always get another broken war from the broken war blueprint that shadow stalker drops..... If you get lucky. And when you do and haven't build War yet you can go ahead and do that.

Thanks for your reply's, though a quick question as well. Which one of theses melee weapons, deals the most damage output (Like attack speed for dps amount, or the stance combos how fast they preform, ect).

My guess would be War?

Edited by Monsterwithin

Thanks for your reply's, though a quick question as well. Which one of theses melee weapons, deals the most damage output (Like attack speed for dps amount, or the stance combos how fast they preform, ect).

My guess would be War?

They're both basically the same. War's damage output is single very hard hitting attacks. B-war is not as hard hitting, but is fast as S#&$ so the DPS is through the roof. 

Definitely War with Blood Rush and Berserker combo. Broken hits faster at first (about the same with Dervish, melee mode) but after awhile they pretty much become click speed fast. War has a higher crit chance, so red crits will pop up more often and deal more damage, not to mention that it has the ability to hit a bunch of enemies instead of singles.

So both are very good, I assume it is up your preference and stances you have.

If you have crimson dervish or vengeful revenant, and do NOT have tempo royale, broken war is probably better.

If you do have tempo, you can choose whatever you like. Personally I don't like the looks of broken war, in stats he is very close to dragon nikana, and nikana has also good stances (not as good as b. war) and damage bonus for excal same as longsword.

Personally I would still choose war cause imo big weapons are better, reach, damage and with new mods and berseker can be fast as hell. War looks better and has tempo royale, which is again, possibly best stance in game imo.

War and Broken War are both really good weapons, so I guess it just depends on what you prefer; a heavy blade to split your enemies in two, or a quick longsword to slash things with.

Personally, I always liked the Skana's playstyle, even though it's a terrible weapon. Now that we have a good longsword, I don't think I'll be crafting War. That's what my Galatine is for...

On 2/3/2016 at 1:38 PM, Gurpgork said:

I say get the Scindo Prime and keep the Broken War. The Scindo Prime is virtually tied with the War, so you basically get the best of both worlds.

I'm awful at void farming, but they're right. Couldn't have said it better.