Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Arcanes On Market

(PSN)bhetz

My general feedback is no different from many other games (WoW, Destiny, etc. etc.) where people like to play solo but require large groups in order to experience certain aspects of the game.  WF is slightly different though, I can do sorties every day against lvl 100+ bad guys to earn rewards that are available to others for purchase such as lenses or the new WF from market.

I'd like to see minimally the older raid rewards (arcanes) be placed on the market just like the lenses at a high plat cost but low enough to prevent ridiculous trading for an item that isn't available to a large number of players unable to do raids.  Maybe just make them 75-100p on Market for any arcane from the non-current raid.  Once a new raid is released you add the previous one to the market as well.  This way people can trade the new raid arcanes at ridiculous prices if they want but the general population can just sit and wait for the new raid to get the old raid rewards.

It's either this or make a PUG option but something tells me that isn't going to be happening.

Edited by (PS4)bhetz

Than everyone would be mad and call it "Pay2Win".

Actually working for the arcanes is better, but there isn't much parties for the raids (There are some for LOR that I've seen recently) because they aren't really fun.

The arcanes themselves aren't really game changing, so if you're not able to get them, then no harm done. (Except maybe a couple of them)

You see, i'd say that paying 1500P in trade and being able to get every endgame weapon for 20P each is Pay 2 Win already.  It's just that (especially on console) you are looking a very small subset actually running the raids so they are able to hike up prices.  The more general population, endgame includes sorties, you can't create greater lenses and hike up prices because one we can buy from market and one we can't.

For 75p to 100p you can actually buy any raid arcane on the trade chat, the majority for much less actually.

I like to play solo too, but raids with randoms and also trade chat are not as bad as it seems, you should try.

Well maybe i'm speaking for the silent majority here but it's pretty unlikely and frankly unbelievable in this day and age that we expect solo players to go find people on the internet from some site and have them sherpa us around.  If DE is going to allow for partial pay 2 win of endgame items (greater lenses, trade weapons of syndicates) they should go all in or all out.  The mix doesn't help keep people playing as it is inconsistent.

You see, i'd say that paying 1500P in trade and being able to get every endgame weapon for 20P each is Pay 2 Win already.  It's just that (especially on console) you are looking a very small subset actually running the raids so they are able to hike up prices.  The more general population, endgame includes sorties, you can't create greater lenses and hike up prices because one we can buy from market and one we can't.

Because no one will ever do raids. 

I'd buy em for plat off the market, should cost no more than 30P each though. This makes a set cost 300P and a dual set 600P, about right for what you get. People don't do the raids because... THE RAIDS BLOW, and their charm fades after only a few runs if that, not because of whatever is put on the market.

Sortie rewards are market items as rewards, not items that are now purchasable in the market. Potatoes and lenses don't really equate to arcanes and their distribution.

I don't know about this.  I tend to think this claim is false. 

Sortie are end game for those not in raids, I think that is pretty clear why it was put in place.  The rewards include 2 weapons that were event possible rewards but no longer can be attained in another way (not in market), legendary cores (not in market).  To me lenses are (or should be) directly comparable to arcanes.  Neither add a lot to your frame but add a little extra for end gamers.  Lenses would normally be achievable via Sortie alone (no other place that i'm aware of to get it) and Arcanes are only achievable via raids. 

So if a person has the argument that if you put arcanes on the market it will prevent people from raiding then are you saying that Sorties are so fantastic that you have a reason to do them after you've bought the greater lenses and warframe from the market (with the exception of the change of possibly getting a legendary core).   Heck, I would say switch me then, put arcanes in the Sortie and give the raiders the only chance at a legendary. I'd much rather pay a jacked up price from raid users for a single legendary than for 10XArcane for a single helmet.

Because no one will ever do raids. 

That's why I put the caveat that current raids (newest raid) arcanes are excluded from the market.  True, nobody would do older raids but nobody really has a need to do Sorties either by that logic since the lenses are so cheap.  Same for syndicates.  Why do a syndicate ever if you can go to trade and buy any item from the list. 

You're fixing the wrong problem. The problem is that raids have nothing to do with overall game and generally not fun. So most people don't play them.

The fix is not arcanes on market. Fix is rework raids and remove all puzzles. They clearly just don't fit the game. I've done nightmare LoR today again, remove all puzzles and standing on buttons and add 3x more enemies. That would be fun.

That's why I put the caveat that current raids (newest raid) arcanes are excluded from the market.  True, nobody would do older raids but nobody really has a need to do Sorties either by that logic since the lenses are so cheap.  Same for syndicates.  Why do a syndicate ever if you can go to trade and buy any item from the list. 

Again, no one would bother to do raids. New or old. That raid will just be left for dust. 

People do Sorties not just because of lenses but for the other stuff that you can get plus the hefty amount of credits.

Syndicates, because Arcane distillers and their respective Syandanas. Other players have to get theirs ranked to even sell the weapons/mods to people who don't want to rank. So that kinda backfires on what you've stated.

You're fixing the wrong problem. The problem is that raids have nothing to do with overall game and generally not fun. So most people don't play them.

The fix is not arcanes on market. Fix is rework raids and remove all puzzles. They clearly just don't fit the game. I've done nightmare LoR today again, remove all puzzles and standing on buttons and add 3x more enemies. That would be fun.

Yup

Did them everyday for awhile, had people coming in and out, but eventually, I lost interest. Explaining the puzzles and performing the same maneuvers over and over is not fun. Not to mention LOR is designed such that you are rewarded for not killing anything...

I prefer to just buy my arcanes now. Problem is, even when offering good money (150P for avenger), there just are not enough out there to put together a set. I've been trying awhile now and have many complete sets I found / traded, there are some I doubt I'll complete because I don't want to sacrifice so many nights l

trading.

JV sets, good luck! That Raid is so redicoulsy boring and time consuming.

With that said, I do not think they belong in market. Perhaps an occasional Baro visit, but not just buy. I'd prefer a total overhaul of raid system. After completed a couple times, the only reason to go back is the loot. The fun factor wears off quickly and they require a large time investment.

Edited by Educated_Beast

I think we are missing the point.  Majority aren't doing the raids, take it one step further and likely the majority have never attempted a raid.  Adjusting the raid isn't changing that because it is the nature of requiring a large party to even attempt.  Unless they stick in a PUG function that lets randoms run a raid (which would be a mess), I don't think this is changing.  So how do the majority get arcanes?  They currently go to trade and pay 1250-1500P to get 10 for a single toon/single helmet or syndana.  I think this is the correct problem to fix.  I like the idea of adding it to Sorties because I think most that are capable are doing those, i'm fine with adding it to Baro as well (though not sure the exchange for a Baro purchase for 10Xarcane).