The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Do We Need More Weapon Slot For Mods?

AkaliX

Question

In every few months new mods arriving.but we cant replace them cause we need damage mods too.which we invested so much to rank 10(serration,heavy caliber).these new acolytes mods i try to replace them in every way cant see much difference excpet couple of weapons which already have high critical damage.They made those weapons over powered with critic in every shot.so i think we need more weapons slot for mods.what do u think guys?

16 answers to this question

I think the game would be much more enjoyable if they decided to add 2 mod slots to everything (Weapons/Frames/Sentinels).

I agree that the game has had an absolute plethora of mods added since inception and the current amount just isn't enough.  With 2 more I could actually afford some variety in some of my builds.

So hear me out on this one. How about we nullify mandatory and must have mods, so that we have more than enough mod space to add whatever utility we want?

Example: Removing Serration and Split Chamber on primary weapons frees up 2 slots.
Removing Hornet Strike, Barrel Diffusion and Lethal Torrent frees up 3 slots.

Now, we would obviously need to be compensated for the removal of those mods, but the devs are already experimenting with weapons gaining damage as they level. Why not just toss in a full Serration's worth of damage into that leveling process, and then make Split Chamber into a few conditional mods, so that players can pick what sort of build they want to run with it. Or hell, if they really wanna cut down on the absurd powercreep, rebalance player and enemy damage, tweak numbers, allow more forgivable gunplay. There's a lot of things they can do, but simply adding more mod slots is only going to make things worse.

We need more valuable choices instead of damage stacking we have now, every other game where modifying weapon truly is changing one, instead of stacking damage does completely fine with what, 5 slots for mods? Crysis had like 5 slots for weapon mods, BF4 has 4+camo, The Division had like ~5 mod slots for weapons.

In Warframe, we have 8.

And usually, nearly, if not all of them are occupied with +damage mods.

We need more valuable choices instead of damage stacking we have now, every other game where modifying weapon truly is changing one, instead of stacking damage does completely fine with what, 5 slots for mods? Crysis had like 5 slots for weapon mods, BF4 has 4+camo, The Division had like ~5 mod slots for weapons.

In Warframe, we have 8.

And usually, nearly, if not all of them are occupied with +damage mods.

not matter what 3 slots always equip with serration,heavy caliber,split chamber.and Elemets damage use 2 slots.so used 5 slots this is default setup.so left 3 slots and tons of old and new mods.and u r talking about division BF4 crysis they dont have so many mods to put on.so i say either dont make new mods or pls give 2 extra slots.

Edited by AkaliX

no, we don't need more Mod Slots.

that was easy.

Do agree with that. The game wouldn't be as fun if you just 1 shot everything and anything with any weapons, this is one of the main reasons why there are so many weapons that seem to be made to deal with mainly 1-2 factions but rarely all 4 (+1 more if you count the sentient NPC ).

Well the new mods are really good at giving choice to players. You will use it depending of the mission or how you play. Elemental mod are in the same spot, you use different elemental combos for different enemies. And I agree with base damage and multishot mods. They're 100% mandatory.

Idk if DE forgot that idea to remove base damage mods and add its bonus across all weapon levels. If DE removes Serration, I will use Shred in my Latron Prime, I removed Piercing Caliber and Shred to fit Argon Scope and Bladed Rounds.

Edited by -SDM-NerevarCM

No we don't, not even for "utility" mods.

- We are already powerful enough.

- A rework is possibly coming that may remove "mandatory mods"

- DE don't need an excuse for more powercreep (looking at Exilus mods on frames moving into effecting powers).

- The mod system is supposed to be about choice, not slapping on everything.

not matter what 3 slots always equip with serration,heavy caliber,split chamber.and Elemets damage use 2 slots.so used 5 slots this is default setup.so left 3 slots and tons of old and new mods.and u r talking about division BF4 crysis they dont have so many mods to put on.so i say either dont make new mods or pls give 2 extra slots.

>Not so many mods:

Crysis:

Variety of scopes, ammo types, underbarrels (limited only to launchers in Crysis), silencers.

Battlefield 4:

Variety of scopes, underbarrel attachments (performance affecting grips with visual variety, launchers), barrel attachments (suppressors, silencers etc.), rail attachments (lasers, flashlights, range finders).

The Division:

Magazine attachments, underbarrel attachments, barrel attachments, scopes, ammo types...

What Warframe has is a bloated system of tradeoff-less mods where out of all available, only a handful is completely necessary because nothing has more value than the highest possible damage output.

Imagine if Serration was +10% damage for +20% recoil (forget about how spongy enemies get), would that mod be a nobrainer for you? Especially if it disallowed a few other straight +damage mods?

they dont have so many mods to put on.

because.... you are FORCED to choose one option between several, several times.

in all of your games listed, you have several 'Mod' Categories, and you pick one in each Category.

while instead, Warframe has one Category, and gives you a hundred choices. since it's all one category and you can pick 8, everyone obviously only picks the 8 best ones for whatever they're doing.

more Mod Slots would never change that. unless we had upwards of 60 Mod slots on each Weapon, so that you could literally Equip all of the Mods, it wouldn't change ANYthing.

your choices need to be competitive with each other. that's the only way to make this work. it's either that or go with other games' styles and give several categories to choose one out of half a dozen options.

we do not need more mod slots.  We need the weapons to do more damage, without having to use Serration, Heavy Caliber and Split chamber.  Practically every primary weapon i have has 2 or 3 of those, and each one needs a forma-ed slot for it to make room for others.

we do not need more mod slots.  We need the weapons to do more damage, without having to use Serration, Heavy Caliber and Split chamber.  Practically every primary weapon i have has 2 or 3 of those, and each one needs a forma-ed slot for it to make room for others.

If you make multishot innate and give every rifle 400% damage it has, all you achieve is people putting +firerate into these now free slots.

Ist i think we need a damage Simulator where we can see every bit of detail of all kind of damage.That "Simulacuram"  in relay not good enough to tell every detail in damage.

Now for mods.like every warframe has 8 mod slots.so every wepaon should also get 8 slots for mods.But if somehow this not possible then we should think a another way where we can get extra space without increasing them.Like remove serration and add his damage in heavy caliber or new element Damage mods Like Blast,Corrosive,gas etc etc. without combing any element.so this way we can have extra slots.

I am also against to put each and every mods in wepaons,this will surely ruin the game.but one or 2 extra slots wont ruin the game at all.