Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why Is Normal Soma Better Than The Soma Prime In Almost Every Way?

sLashx189

was doing testing with a friend using a soma, i was using a soma prime, in every 1 on 1 fight, he won, :/, sure it has less ammo, but, could we just give the soma prime more dps? or maybe nerf the regular soma and give it more of something else, like more reload speed and a 1.5 headshot multiplier, i dunno, or ya know, MAKE ALL WEAPON VARIANTS EQUAL..... just passing around ideas here.... dont mind me....

ummm...

you know that soma p is in nearly every aspect better than the normal one?

i think the problem here is that you cant aim with a aimbot gun or you cant mod it properly

and I think you talk without knowing what he is talking about . he was testing with a friend and they played conclave. On conclave the normal soma has better stats that the soma prime , except the magazine

ummm...

you know that soma p is in nearly every aspect better than the normal one?

i think the problem here is that you cant aim with a aimbot gun or you cant mod it properly

m8 this PVP, lol xD

Balance.

Soma P has more mag capacity. Normal Soma deals more damage as a counterbalance to its lower mag capacity.

pytha ur right but damage?, couldnt it be more reload or more headshot multiplier xD

Some values cannot be changed for PVP, like reload, mag size, etc. Soma prime has double the magazine and a faster spool time. Because of this, it has to be balanced in accordance in one of the few values that can be changed, damage. You can take advantage of the faster spool time by attacking hit and run style, rather than competing in straight dps.

It doesn't hurt to put a [PvP] tag in the title of conclave-specific topics, you know, as most people replying come from the front page, looking at the 'Most Recent' window, where the topic categories aren't shown.

Either

A) people need to learn to read 'pvp feedback' at top of page

or

B) DE needs to make the pve/pvp forums easier to distinguish at a glance.

It is not the poster's responsibility to preclude everyone else's mistakes.

Some values cannot be changed for PVP, like reload, mag size, etc. Soma prime has double the magazine and a faster spool time. Because of this, it has to be balanced in accordance in one of the few values that can be changed, damage. You can take advantage of the faster spool time by attacking hit and run style, rather than competing in straight dps.

hit and run could be the case for a solution but the soma doesnt really suffer from fast koving targets since in is hit scan, full auto, and has a high ammo pool, but i guess you have some good points....

hit and run could be the case for a solution but the soma doesnt really suffer from fast koving targets since in is hit scan, full auto, and has a high ammo pool, but i guess you have some good points....

Well it certainly suffers more than soma prime because it has half the mag

Edited by PhaseShifted

Well it certainly suffers more than soma prime because it has half the mag

atleast its not like a latron, i mean unless u increase ur mouse dpi to over 3 million, ur not jitting any skinlled players, but yea soma beats out at being a laser gun on fast moving targets

Its not just the Soma that has this variant problem, lots of other weapons have a supposedly superior variant that isnt as damaging. Strun wraith for example.

I agree there needs to be balance, though personally I would inverse the characteristics so the prime/wraith etc versions did increased damage and their counterparts have better quality of life tweaks, like reload speed and recoil.

Its not really neccessary though when I could just build the normal version again if it bothers me that much..

They ought to just make all the variant weapons identical to their baseline variants. If you have a Soma P but not a Soma,  great, you've got a Soma with bling. It'd simplify balance greatly on DE's end without destroying the variety of weapons available to players as we have a metric fuckton of them to choose from in the first place.