The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Little Question About Eula And Sharing Account

The-oo

Question

I just got a little question. My friend can't log into Warframe because he can't access to his PC due to moving work. It is wrong if he give me his password and i'm login on his account ? Same when if i'm going to vacation and i can't play in 2 weeks? 

Why it's against EULA ? 

And with Multiple account ? (i don't have another account, it's just a question)

If we can't ok i will stop to login into my friend account now but i just want to know it's really confused for this subject. DE need to do some informations for that because it's really confused for a lot of players right now

Edited by Theo37fire

24 answers to this question

Ok Soo

I ask this question to the support and there is the answer they have :

If a player connects to an account that is not his, the two accounts will be suspended.

Nothing too add .

Mark this post "solved"

It creates a security risk, but DE has no realistic way to track it.

Basically, if you screw something up on your friend's account, or they do the same to you, it was your own fault and they don't have to do anything to help resolve it. It's not the same as being hacked. That's all they're really saying.

They also don't want anyone exploiting multiple accounts because platinum equals money. I don't know how much of an issue that is right now, but there have been some exploitable cases in the past, in particular with the referral program.

The thing is i will never put money in waframe (because i don't need to put money for having stuff) with this technique. I will never screw my friends account because we are all friends and playing together, sharing prime parts ... But i know the risk 0 doesn't exist.

I log on my friends account just for the 100 connection day reward for the Azima and that's it. And over stuff like that for the 150 days, 200 ,...

Soo did i can really get banned for this ? This is a bit stupid but i understand because they can't track why did i log on my friends account

I don't really know if a lot of players are gonna get banned for this i just want specify answer.

Edited by Theo37fire

I know people that have done it, just logged in for the daily reward and logged out on their friends account. I personally don't do it, but it can be done. The EULA is in place so people don't "hack" each other's accounts for any type of profit or personal gain (an old clan leader did this amd got perma banned). If you're just logging in for the daily and logging out, I don't think it's against the EULA, but I could be wrong. If you're going to do it, make sure it's agreed between the both of you, and you're not actually playing on the account, just logging in and logging out.

The thing about rules like this is that, when it gets down to the legal level, they have to apply to everyone. Maybe you and your friends are trustworthy and there will never be an issue. But not everyone is going to have friends like that. If they say no to one they have to say no to all.

Yes, you can be banned. If an issue never comes up about it, no one will ever bother checking. But the rule is there. Legally, as you have to agree to the EULA in order to play, you were aware of the rule before ever breaking it. If DE ever has a reason to enforce the rule, you can't argue against it on any grounds. They have the legal right-of-way.

Same thing with multiple accounts. If you never do anything they find fault in, they won't enforce the rule. But it will always be there.

Soo if i understand at all i can be banned for log in into my friends account. I understand the rule need to apply for everyone they don't have any over solution.

This is what i want to know. Thanks

Right now i will stop to connect to an another account except the mine. Screenshooted for a proof if i will get ban later because i don't know if i can login into friends account

(i'm not really a pro in english but i think i get it)

PS : also wainting moderator for comfirmed what Roboplus says but i trust him

Edited by Theo37fire

Multiple account refers to an allowed activity where a single user uses 2 or more accounts that can't interact with eachother (such as trading, gifting after getting plat discounts,....)

Account sharing isn't allowed, DE never knows the intention of the 2nd user, even if he is your friend, DE doesn't know that, if you have access to his account then you can easily fake a "permission" with support.

DE will likely ban both accounts if you try it.

Edited by KIREEKPSO

I've actually got a question to tack onto this.  A buddy of mine is really not a fan of the trading channel, but he's got, oh, about 400 plat worth (I think, we tallied it a while ago) of stuff he could sell, but just doesn't have the gaf to deal with trading.  I'd like to give him a hand by having him trade me his saleables for ammo drums, gamma beacons, w/e, then, after I've sold it, trade him the plat for trash items again.  This feels legit, but it also feels like it looks fishy as a smurf who just rolled around in a can of sardines.  I've thought about submitting a support ticket to clear it up, and sort of create a public record for what's going on so everything's on the up and up, but, yeah, thoughts?

I've actually got a question to tack onto this.  A buddy of mine is really not a fan of the trading channel, but he's got, oh, about 400 plat worth (I think, we tallied it a while ago) of stuff he could sell, but just doesn't have the gaf to deal with trading.  I'd like to give him a hand by having him trade me his saleables for ammo drums, gamma beacons, w/e, then, after I've sold it, trade him the plat for trash items again.  This feels legit, but it also feels like it looks fishy as a smurf who just rolled around in a can of sardines.  I've thought about submitting a support ticket to clear it up, and sort of create a public record for what's going on so everything's on the up and up, but, yeah, thoughts?

That would seem like a super gray area. I'd contact support

to make sure it's alright to continue with that, as I wouldn't think we could answer that. If I had to venture to guess, I would say no.

I've actually got a question to tack onto this. A buddy of mine is really not a fan of the trading channel, but he's got, oh, about 400 plat worth (I think, we tallied it a while ago) of stuff he could sell, but just doesn't have the gaf to deal with trading. I'd like to give him a hand by having him trade me his saleables for ammo drums, gamma beacons, w/e, then, after I've sold it, trade him the plat for trash items again. This feels legit, but it also feels like it looks fishy as a smurf who just rolled around in a can of sardines. I've thought about submitting a support ticket to clear it up, and sort of create a public record for what's going on so everything's on the up and up, but, yeah, thoughts?

I use to do this to help newbie a lot.

I gave them boltor prime or braton prime with some starter mod for them frame.

I also gave out some prime stuff to help them

In exchange for crap mod.

Soo if this is wrong then ... wth doood

It might draw some attention, but 400 plat isn't a lot. I've had a friend gift me something that cost more than 400 plat.

Now if it was 40,000 plat both parties would likely get suspended pending an investigation. I wouldn't see an instant ban taking place for any reason if it was possible to review the situation. Could be as innocent as someone quitting and giving their plat to a friend, or even a malicious attack like being hacked and having your plat stolen.

DE's rules are there to protect primarily themselves, and then their customers. They aren't going to just hand out perma-bans to be jerks. They just want to stop/prevent any harmful activity.

It might draw some attention, but 400 plat isn't a lot. I've had a friend gift me something that cost more than 400 plat.

Now if it was 40,000 plat both parties would likely get suspended pending an investigation. I wouldn't see an instant ban taking place for any reason if it was possible to review the situation. Could be as innocent as someone quitting and giving their plat to a friend, or even a malicious attack like being hacked and having your plat stolen.

DE's rules are there to protect primarily themselves, and then their customers. They aren't going to just hand out perma-bans to be jerks. They just want to stop/prevent any harmful activity.

So even if that 40k plat is legit

Paid with real money or traded

How can that be wrong ?

Anyone that buy plat legitimately should have freedom to do whatever they want right?

Unfortunately gold selling is still a thing. It's a thing in literally every MMO where it's possible to do. It's also explicitly illegal in nearly every MMO.

You can not, for example, buy plat on discount, set up a trade on a third party website, and then trade it in game for real world money.

So no, you can't do whatever you want with the plat. There are limitations even to things you buy, just like in the real world.

So even if that 40k plat is legit

Paid with real money or traded

How can that be wrong ?

Anyone that buy plat legitimately should have freedom to do whatever they want right?

There is a bot set up that auto detects "Unfair" trades whatever that may be so there is serious risk of having your account temporarily suspended for say paying your friend 1,000p for an ammo drum because that looks super suspicious and nobody in their right mind would ever do that it probably won't get you banned as long as you contact support and clear things up but there are safeguards in place to try and prevent these kinds of things from happening

Nothing in the EULA says you can't share accounts.

However, everything in the EULA says that DE can pretty much ban and delete your account for any reason what-so-ever, and considering the recent blame on the community (who doesn't even own their own aliases or identities in game...) for "killing off baro" or all of the asinine insta-kick-words in kickbot's dictionary...and revxdev... I can't say that the reasons will always be obligated to fairness. 

Edited by TheDoodle

Having two accounts isn't against the EULA, and I could probably think up a good amount of situations where it would be advantageous to not be (one including yours). Using multiple accounts to 'cheat the system' (for example: using lots of accounts to get more chances for plat discounts, then trading any plat you get to one 'main' account). My only account suspension I ever got was from a false-positive on the anticheat caused by a memory fault (and I got access restored 2 days after).

I personally have two accounts, both of which I've sunk money into with plat login-sales, but they never interact any further then the friends list, which doesn't break anything in the EULA that I've seen, especially because that alt is turning 1 year old really soon. I've also logged in to my brother's account a couple times for potato alerts he was looking out for, but couldn't make it to his computer in time to run them.

As far as I understand the system, you logging on with your friend's account doesn't break the EULA, it's just that actions taken are not all trackable/logged by DE (they just see the login event and associated system info), so there's very little they can actually do in the event of your sudden, but inevitable betrayal if anything happens because of this.

Edited by MrBubbleSS

There is a bot set up that auto detects "Unfair" trades whatever that may be so there is serious risk of having your account temporarily suspended for say paying your friend 1,000p for an ammo drum because that looks super suspicious and nobody in their right mind would ever do that it probably won't get you banned as long as you contact support and clear things up but there are safeguards in place to try and prevent these kinds of things from happening

But if you paid for that 1000 plat

You pretty much can do what ever you want

Even give that plat out for a mod like ammo drum as a mean of trading

As far as it goes there is nothing wrong with that.

You paid that plat fairly you should have the right to do what you want with it. Why is this breaking the rule?

as far as it goes im not talking about credit card scam. Im talking about a legitimate plat buying

Why is there a trade In the first place ?

But if you paid for that 1000 plat

You pretty much can do what ever you want

Even give that plat out for a mod like ammo drum as a mean of trading

As far as it goes there is nothing wrong with that.

You paid that plat fairly you should have the right to do what you want with it. Why is this breaking the rule?

as far as it goes im not talking about credit card scam. Im talking about a legitimate plat buying

Why is there a trade In the first place ?

If you paid 2 or 12000 plat for it doesnt matter, accounts cant be traded, are DE property and you are just the final user

I use to do this to help newbie a lot.

I gave them boltor prime or braton prime with some starter mod for them frame.

I also gave out some prime stuff to help them

In exchange for crap mod.

Soo if this is wrong then ... wth doood

I give my son hundreds of plat at a time for ammo drums, not to mention all the gear I give him. I cant imagine this would be against any rules