Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

If Someone Gave You One Superpower Of Your Choise, What Would You Choose?

BlackerGames

Well, I assume that if I got a super power then many others would get a super power and then S#&$ would get messed up.  So to maintain balance I'd get the super power that nullifies all super powers on the planet anonymously.  Ya know, for pvp balance. 

Will become problematic when they get to space though...

Well, I assume that if I got a super power then many others would get a super power and then S#&$ would get messed up.  So to maintain balance I'd get the super power that nullifies all super powers on the planet anonymously.  Ya know, for pvp balance. 

Hmm. Good thinking.

But say that that someone offered that superpower to you, and to you only.

The power to control time. (at will, not by some gadget) I can go back in time to force myself to do healthy habits to the point where I become immortal. I kill all my enemies while they are infants and I can see my future and change the present to get a future I like. I can stop time to prevent anything from a bullet to my face, to a oncoming truck. 

Time control....F**king OP

Oh and I can also repeat the time stream enough so I can be at more than one place at once. Essentially cloning myself. And when I lose a fight? I can playback time until I find a way to beat anyone.

Like I said..... F**king OP

Edited by CaterHowlett16

The power to nerf? The power..... of  DE

Well, you don't want to be too overpowered because then the narrative becomes: how does the world combat this insanely overpowered person? Even if you're pulling a Superman you'll still end up with covert government research projects all about dominating, reproducing, and eliminating you and your abilities, which also includes spy agencies going after, infiltrating, and or just manipulating those close to you to in effect: control you.  Unless you're pulling a saint's row and become *@##$ king/queen/overlord of the galaxy turning most of the human race into your fanbase.

Could chose something overpowered but less noticeable by the world but then there's the question of if you're denying what you dream of becoming because you fear the world.

I do want to exceed the boundaries of reality but I don't want to just godmode surpass them.  Guess I'll go with localized multi-dimensional base consciousness:  Ever wish you had more time to watch other shows, play other games, or just wonder what life would of been like if you had taken completely different paths in life?  Well with a localized multi-dimensional base consciousness you can now grasp all the alternate realities where you watched those different shows, played those different games, took those different paths in life, grew to become completely different versions of yourself, all your collective knowledge and experiences combined while living them.  

Of course that assumes the super power includes the ability to smooth out integration of all the knowledge and experiences into your base reality consciousness.

Edited by KnotOfMetal

The power to be an energy-based sentient virus.

Since our 7 year old self killed off the human that was born by replacing every cell in their body with who we are now(or 3 times over depending on how old you are) we already accept life as a continuation of a pre-programed will. And as a sentient virus I would be able to fully replicate a body for myself at will. Genetic memories would make it so whatever brain is destroyed(yeah F*** you guys with you "Aim for the head" to kill thoughts) I will continue as I have always been no matter what.

Construction of a body to suit my needs would make it possible for me to change appearance at will. Appear human and have "limbs" that are just viral mass mimicking tissue would make it possible for me to construct parts of myself as bio-mechanical technologies for defense. I.E. the Wraith "Hive" virus from Stargate:Atlantis to Warframes Embolist and Synapse.

Being energy-based would make it for me to create flesh the same way that everything is created from remnant of stars. Also would protect me if someone shoves a nuclear warhead in the toilet I was just sitting on. Or a black-hole since eventually I like the virus that I am will adapt to it. Being in there would make me knowledgeable to figure out time manipulation so I can make up for the time lost being in there. Then for the next adaptation of existence I am God...

[insert elongated evil laugh here]

Edited by OverlordMcGeek