The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Are Second Accounts Allowed?

BabyBomi

Question

Not sure if this is the right place but meh.

I'm almost at a point where I have everything I want and getting a little bored. I'm quite fascinated at the thought of starting fresh and maybe taking a different path in the "beginning stage".

Are we allowed second accounts? I think I saw someone say it was allowed if we don't trade between them, but what harm would that do? Your stuff is still your stuff, and even if it wasn't, lots of high MR players (or nice players in general) give out a lot of free stuff to new players. So where's the problem?

Technically speaking, you are only supposed to have a single account, and DE reserves the right to take action if they discover you are in possession of alt accounts.

That being said, it's mostly a formality, and there's almost no chance that they will take action as long as those accounts don't interact with each other in any way.

The topic about 2nd accounts and interactions with each other are pretty clear, but I am curious about the use of multiple accounts to manage/lead or "run" separate Alliances and what would be classified as an "interaction" between them? There have been rumors (both past and present) of Multiple Alliances being run either by the same person on different accounts, or by multiple people from the same household/family.

I still dont get the trading plat between both of your accounts is a big nono. I mean yeah someone i guess could do multiple accounts going for discounts, but you still are spending your own money to get the plat in the long run anyway. Most people never buy plat unless its the 50%+ coupon anyway.

Say i got one of my friends into the game and he got the 75% off in his first week playing. He has no clue if he is going to continue playing and doesn't think he wants to spend money on the game, or another friend doesn't have money at the time so says gimmie 50$ and i'll get the highest pack for you. How would this be any different or is this bannable too even though it would be impossible for them to track and warrent.

Don't forget you get a 50 free plat on new account. That could easily be farmed by reaching MR 1 on new accounts until you have the desired plat.

Interesting topic, glad to hear multiple accounts are allowed if there are no interactions.

I have a question though: during Xmas holidays I asked a friend of mine to login for me a couple of times and we usually play Warframe together so we do indeed interact with each other account.

Point is, during those 2 days his IP registered an access to both our accounts, clearly in separate times but of course we played and traded together before that: have we actually risked a ban?

Here is a great question... my wife and I share a computer. Both accounts are on that one pc. I can trade with my wife... right?

Basically this is the same question I have.

Though I don't know how can you trade with your wife using one pc! :D