Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Dev Stream #68 Discussion About The New Warframe

-Bv-Dusk

Typhus does seem kinda cool I suppose but I really don't see why anyone assumes this is him, nothing on that page has anything to do with sarcophagi or iron maidens or coffins or whatever that thing is

a coffin, like the think vampires are supposed to sleep in.

and it looks a bit bland for a sarcophagus doesn't it. those things were gold with all sort of collers. coffins are bland and sad because a dead person resides in them, instead of a home to wait in for the afterlife.

I've never seen a coffin shaped like that, and if it's not a vampire I can't imagine why it would be a coffin anyway. Looks much more like a sarcophagus to me but I could be wrong I suppose.

A fan concept that's been around for a few years.

Why does sarcophagus automatically mean Egyptian? 

What other culture is known for using sarcophagi? Note I'm not asking what other cultures USED them, not that I know of any that exist, I'm asking which culture they're pretty much exclusively associated with. The answer of course is Egypt.

Typhus does seem kinda cool I suppose but I really don't see why anyone assumes this is him, nothing on that page has anything to do with sarcophagi or iron maidens or coffins or whatever that thing is

I've never seen a coffin shaped like that, and if it's not a vampire I can't imagine why it would be a coffin anyway. Looks much more like a sarcophagus to me but I could be wrong I suppose.

What other culture is known for using sarcophagi? Note I'm not asking what other cultures USED them, not that I know of any that exist, I'm asking which culture they're pretty much exclusively associated with. The answer of course is Egypt.

Rome , Greek, Egypt come to mind

sarcophagus (plural, sarcophagi; sarcophaguses) is a box-like funeral receptacle for a corpse, most commonly carved in stone, and displayed above ground, though it may also be buried. The word "sarcophagus" comes from the greek σάρξ sarx meaning "flesh", and φαγεῖν phagein meaning "to eat", hence sarcophagus means "flesh-eating"; from the phrase lithos sarkophagos (λίθος σαρκοφάγος). Since lithos is Greek for "stone",lithos sarcophagos means "flesh-eating stone". The word also came to refer to a particular kind of limestone that was thought to decompose the flesh of corpses interred within it

so could have something to do with a flesh eating idea...de does like to pull from weird places

ivara BTW is a snail :D 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

Actually that's a funny coincidence. The member who suggested that made it a feminine off a norse word meaning bow warrior, I believe.

ya i know xD

but that actual type for ivara is a snail (goes with prowl well i think LOL)

"Ivara is a small genus of sea snailspyramidellid gastropod mollusks or micromollusks. This genus is currently placed in the tribe Chrysallidini, of the family Odostomiidae. The Brazilian species have been revised by Pimenta et al. (2009). [2] [3] There are both living and fossil species in this genus."

also if you look at the cloak that goes with her .....it look more snail shell like ;) 

Edited by (XB1)EternalDrk Mako

treu, but when i saw that thing i thought coffin (stylized for warframe of cource). i never saw a sarcophagus in it, but now that people have said it i can see it. i still think coffin and hopefully vampire (with blood magic).

ya i know xD

but that actual type for ivara is a snail (goes with prowl well i think LOL)

"Ivara is a small genus of sea snailspyramidellid gastropod mollusks or micromollusks. This genus is currently placed in the tribe Chrysallidini, of the family Odostomiidae. The Brazilian species have been revised by Pimenta et al. (2009). [2] [3] There are both living and fossil species in this genus."

also if you look at the cloak that goes with her .....it look more snail shell like ;) 

but than Ívarr means bow of the warrior, i would guess they were going for that. snail might be the reason prowl is so low.

sooo MUMMY/Death/Torture Frame since is not a vampire
death we already have nekros
Mummy dont feet the warframe lore ... i think
torture well getting information from enemys there is allways some one that have too do the dirty jobs
no matter what it is im looking foward too play him
and i realy hope we get typhus this year

sooo MUMMY/Death/Torture Frame since is not a vampire

death we already have nekros

Mummy dont feet the warframe lore ... i think

torture well getting information from enemys there is allways some one that have too do the dirty jobs

no matter what it is im looking foward too play him

and i realy hope we get typhus this year

yea, rebeca said it would not be a vampire but than other people from DE said it could be. and how would you explain "more fang for your... nevermind" without a vampire frame coming up?

Know what would be cool?

If this was a protoframe, a warframe with lore to shed more light on how the warframes were made.

If it further is connected to Saryn Prime and old Earth it would be even cooler.

Unless it is the retcon of all retcons - Hayden.