Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Divine Will: The Worst Mission I've Ever Played On Warframe.

CaliburxZero

Preface:  This is merely my opinion, I am  indeed salty with how tedious this run is and need to rant.  This is probably my first time ever being annoyed with a mission ever on warframe and I've played this since CBT.  Acolyte farming may have been extremely boring, but at least not awful like this.

So for people looking on how this run works...

You basically run through all of the enemies to get to the boss, while being constantly locked out to slow you down.  I've been forced to do a lock 4 times in a row because it literally took a -single- second for it to be re-locked.  Tedious-ness as its finest.  And this has happened to me multiple times

Then when you get to the boss, go to the two top platforms, unlock the one with the Bursar in it, then let it drop down.  From there kill it, then go to the Bursar's back to hack it.  It'll be reprogrammed and "attack" the Razorback until its shield goes down.  Then you must attack it for the 2-2.5 seconds its down and rinse repeat until it dies.

See... the Bursar part is the absolute B******* part.  In DE's infinitely "amazing" design of this mission, you're left up to AI stupidity in order for this to work.  If the Bursar decides to just run up and yolo then proceed to Stomp to knock it down, it will do ZERO damage to Razorback.  You must pray it'll not be completely moronic and simply stand back and shoot to give your team a chance to damage the Razorback.

To make matters worse, I've only gotten the worthless toxic mods out of this.  Not a single puncture mod that I very much so want since I have none and missed the original event for them and their impact counterparts.  I only own the slash set.

/rantoff

Side Note:  Is the amount of time Razorback down because its super short or is it because he's only down for a short amount of time PLUS there's a set amount of damage he's allowed to take?  I've started to notice his time down was even shorter than normal at times and this is the only idea I can think of.

PS:  Multiple people have confirmed my hunch via my side note is indeed a thing for those wondering.

Edited by CaliburxZero

Preface:  This is merely my opinion, I am  indeed salty with how tedious this run is and need to rant.  

To make matters worse, I've only gotten the worthless toxic mods out of this.  Not a single puncture mod that I very much so want since I have none 

/rantoff

Well, I won't call the Toxic mods worthless. And Also, RNG still rules... *sigh*

Side Note:  Is the amount of time Razorback down because its super short or is it because he's only down for a short amount of time PLUS there's a set amount of damage he's allowed to take?  I've started to notice his time down was even shorter than normal at times and this is the only idea I can think of.

There is definitely a cap, think of his healthbar as being segmented.

Once you pass a threshold he gets back up. 

Most of the frustration can be avoided by using Loki or Ivara for perma-invis, your only concerns should be patience to wait for the genius AI to actually do its thing, energy and Razorback's missiles.

So... it's still bad.

:c

Edited by Artarrwen

Tedious : yes.

Overall, I find it fun.

I was actually thrilled and all capped "RAID BOSS DOWN" after my squad downed the Razorback.

Everyone was super happy.

The lack of information, or visual cues are a problem, and DE should do well to listen to what feedback we have to offer, but downright calling it bad is.... too zealous.

It wasn't perfect, but downing it with coordination was so satisfying.

<snip>

Agreed.

Pro tip: plan before you enter the mission.  You are very rarely going to succeed at this if you're just dropping in with randoms.  We took a squad into both missions and completed them *flawlessly* - blessing trin, ev trin, loki to switch teleport, and limbo. Sounds unconventional, but there was so much utility that not only could we focus on keeping each other alive, but also getting into position for the next bursa.  

It really does sound like you are so spoiled with the game and easily being able to run and gun with no thought process at any given point, that you can't think outside the box and be able to deal with this kind of a challenge.  Is it slow?  Yes.  It's a boss fight.  It's supposed to be difficult and cause you to think.  

Blaming it on AI?  Sure the AI isn't perfect, but neither is its creators.... but then again... the AI are proxies, you can't expect them to be absolutely perfect...

Edited by Tulzscha

There's a rant thread after EVERY single TA or event. Always someone who thinks its the "worst event ever"

These rants are comical. Immaturity at its finest.

Soon we'll get the RNG rant threads about not getting the puncture mods and how DE forced them to play the "worst TA evar" 100+ times.

Edited by Hypernaut1

<snip>

So are you saying it's a good alert? As someone who's ran it multiple times at this point in an attempt to get the set, it really is theflat out worse thing they've ever done.

The trash to get to the boss is insane, the lockout rate is unreasonable, the AI and boss both bug out to the point the event can be completely unbeatable, the drop rate on the good mods are respectably low so you're not promised to even get anything worth your time even IF you get through it all.

Bersas also aren't dropping loot. I've got plenty of friends and we've yet to see anything but ammo off of them. Perhaps RNG but if that is this case, then this is infuriating.

not to mention even when the final boss does work it takes an INSANE amount of time to actually kill him, even IF you're lucky and have people (or have a group you run with) who knows what they're doing, god forbid if you don't.

It's a bad mission. I love DE, I love this game and I love the work they do. But this is really indefensible ...it's a bad mission. They even had some trouble on there own stream with it if I recall. But hey. Not everything can be good I suppose.

/shrug

I'll run it a few more times, pray to god to get the mod I want then just pray I never have to run this gauntlet again. All the Tempo Royals and puncture sets in the world are not truly worth it.

Edited by Tulzscha

Agreed.

Pro tip: plan before you enter the mission.  You are very rarely going to succeed at this if you're just dropping in with randoms.  We took a squad into both missions and completed them *flawlessly* - blessing trin, ev trin, loki to switch teleport, and limbo. Sounds unconventional, but there was so much utility that not only could we focus on keeping each other alive, but also getting into position for the next bursa.  

It really does sound like you are so spoiled with the game and easily being able to run and gun with no thought process at any given point, that you can't think outside the box and be able to deal with this kind of a challenge.  Is it slow?  Yes.  It's a boss fight.  It's supposed to be difficult and cause you to think.  

Blaming it on AI?  Sure the AI isn't perfect, but neither is its creators.... but then again... the AI are proxies, you can't expect them to be absolutely perfect...

I exclusively run solo or with friends.  So your point on that is moot.  Secondly, yes, I do expect the AI to be at least somewhat competent.  I spent a good 4-5 of the Bursars watching them literally be useless.  That gets old real quick that my time is being wasted not by me and my team's error, but the game's poor design of the mission.  

Expect it to be easy?  Please, point to me where I've said that.... oh wait.  I didn't.  I have a problem with design of the fight, and the stupidity of the incessant door locking.  And the latter I could probably live with even.  

Bottom line is, too bad for you.  Complain all you want about people dissatisfied with input like mine as well as others who are of the same mindset, but our feedback is just as valuable as yours for better or worse.

Edited by CaliburxZero

Pretty sure this is the most stupid alert... Absolutely zero information on what you should do, means you gotta figure out by dying once or twice... And once you figured out, you die 2 more times trying to kill him and there goes all your revives. A team mate finally managed to kill him after 20 minutes and guess what? No reactor for me. Not gonna repeat that

There is definitely a cap, think of his healthbar as being segmented.

Once you pass a threshold he gets back up. 

Most of the frustration can be avoided by using Loki or Ivara for perma-invis, your only concerns should be patience to wait for the genius AI to actually do its thing, energy and Razorback's missiles.

So... it's still bad.

:c

Good to know, thanks for getting back to me on that.  And yeah, my group just googled it and have been using those tricks, but its still a lesson in patience I don't always have.

I won't call it terrible, but since I started playing about 2-3 months ago, I've gone through...2 or 3 tactical alerts and a couple of events and this one felt a good deal less thought out than the others.

Yes, the acolytes required a lot of effort. But drops were guaranteed from a pool of essentially only stuff we didn't have (even if it's not all good).

Defeating them was straightforward and allowed you to feel the value of all your increased power and the general feel of the fights was fun. (Malice and Mania were more difficult to fight than Angst and Torment)

Razorback on the other hand...has a really cool concept. Pretty solid graphics and then the most piss poor system to damage a boss they could of gone with. I absolutely despise games that have a play style and then magically at the boss the screen zooms out and your forced to play a minigame instead of fight it like a real enemy.

As numerous people have said, there are simple fixes that would reduce tedium, increase fun, and generally make this a winning event.

Is it slow?  Yes.  It's a boss fight.  It's supposed to be difficult and cause you to think.  

wat

See, I like the event, but I can see where frustration would come from.

It's not difficult and doesn't require much thought. And it's still slow through invulnerability and percentage capped vulnerability.

Not just slow. Tedious. In Warframe where gameplay has evolved to the point where SPEED is the name of the game, from movement to damage to efficiency, having such an obvious speed-bump is pretty jarring.

Again, I actually like the event and appreciate the excuse to hack things again, but if Zero hadn't been flaming at the mouth up there I wouldn't fault him for the rant. The condescending tone in your post kinda balances it out, though.

I guess Tenno are keeping the balance?

So are you saying it's a good alert? As someone who's ran it multiple times at this point in an attempt to get the set, it really is theflat out worse thing they've ever done.

The trash to get to the boss is insane, the lockout rate is unreasonable, the AI and boss both bug out to the point the event can be completely unbeatable, the drop rate on the good mods are respectably low so you're not promised to even get anything worth your time even IF you get through it all.

Bersas also aren't dropping loot. I've got plenty of friends and we've yet to see anything but ammo off of them. Perhaps RNG but if that is this case, then this is infuriating.

not to mention even when the final boss does work it takes an INSANE amount of time to actually kill him, even IF you're lucky and have people (or have a group you run with) who knows what they're doing, god forbid if you don't.

It's a bad mission. I love DE, I love this game and I love the work they do. But this is really indefensible ...it's a bad mission. They even had some trouble on there own stream with it if I recall. But hey. Not everything can be good I suppose.

/shrug

I'll run it a few more times, pray to god to get the mod I want then just pray I never have to run this gauntlet again. All the Tempo Royals and puncture sets in the world are not truly worth it.

how does it take an insane ammount of time? like more than 5 min? i first did it in a pug group. with no idea what to do WHILE watching the stream to figure out how to do it and we still did it. a few of us died a few times and our kubrows but far from being hard.

the lockdown can be avoided 100% if you would stop and look around hence the run and gun comment i made. people are so used to finishing a mission in 5 min or less while running and one shoting everything that when they cant they consider it bad design.

i did not even know there was a reward beyond the orokyn reactor but i still did it 4 times for the heck of it.

the lockdown can be avoided 100% if you would stop and look around hence the run and gun comment i made. people are so used to finishing a mission in 5 min or less while running and one shoting everything that when they cant they consider it bad design.

You have got to be kidding. If you don't "run and gun" as you say you essentially get gang-banged by the flashmob of enemies...  It is not a question of time but rather a question of practicallity. Once caught in the hoard you are essentially doomed so the only thing you can do is keep moving which basically means you cant keep an eye out for the lockdown traps... Bad design is bad stop trying to paint it as anything other than that 

how does it take an insane ammount of time? like more than 5 min? i first did it in a pug group. with no idea what to do WHILE watching the stream to figure out how to do it and we still did it. a few of us died a few times and our kubrows but far from being hard.

i did not even know there was a reward beyond the orokyn reactor but i still did it 4 times for the heck of it.

Want a medal Mr. "I generalize people who don't agree with what I think"?  

That being said, when you literally get re-locked out of a room in the time it takes for your camera to zoom out from the terminal you just solved to un-lock multiple times in a row, I sincerely hope that happens to you multiple times to make you eat those words of once again, generalizing.

This mission isn't honestly that hard.  But its time-consuming, and annoying.  And most of all, tedious.  If you believe my opinion isn't right, then feel free to express why in an actual constructive way.

Well, I won't call the Toxic mods worthless. And Also, RNG still rules... *sigh*

Well, RNG ruling is par for the course... but eh, near-useless to me.  Very little plat value, and I own them all already.  Most likely i'll end up giving out my extras to new players that I meet.

Want a medal Mr. "I generalize people who don't agree with what I think"?  

That being said, when you literally get re-locked out of a room in the time it takes for your camera to zoom out from the terminal you just solved to un-lock multiple times in a row, I sincerely hope that happens to you multiple times to make you eat those words of once again, generalizing.

This mission isn't honestly that hard.  But its time-consuming, and annoying.  And most of all, tedious.  If you believe my opinion isn't right, then feel free to express why in an actual constructive way.

destroy the dam camera before you hack. there's a reason the game doesnt pause while you hack.