Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Recap What Has De Taken Out Due To "optimization"

fatpig84

Sometimes it just saddens me of much fidelity and immersion has being taken out to let Warframe run on lower end specs, including consoles.

And it infuriates me that I could get those visuals back on my old GTX 560 TI which is card that is many gens old even during 2013. But now due to optimization, I don't even have an option to turn back on even with a fairly strong GTX 970.

1) Shotgun multishot no longer renders every single pellet on screen.

This was pretty jarring because, it remove a crap load of fun. If my gun has 21 pellets, jolly well let me see the 21 pellets and holes. It adds to gunplay fun and makes my modding look relevant.

Any vet that fired the Brakk or AkBronco prime with Barrel Diffusion and Lethal torrent could attest that the Brakk had a pellet spread of an AA flak cannon, while the AKBronco "cover the entire screen with pellets". The only reason why they could see that is because we can see the pellets impacting the target or wall, ALL on screen.

2) Continuous beam weapons no longer deal per tick but per second.

Utterly broke certain weapons like Synoid Gammacore which throws out 30 rounds per second. Heck even the Flux rifle and Ignis to an extent. Since you have to wait a full 1 second to deal any damage.

Made ALL beam weapons worthless status wise, since they can only inflict 1 status a second.

Cmon, if my beamer is status modded and an ROF of 5 rounds a second or 30 rounds a second, I should have 5 to 30 status ticks a second.

In contrast, the Grakata which has similar ROF rate isn't affected, where each bullet can deal status.

So 20 rounds a second means potentially 20 status effects A SECOND.

3) Streamlining of death animations and death gibs itself.

Remember when necros can desecrate more than 2 parts per corpse ? Well its gone now, as most corpses don't break into 3 or 4s now. Most are usually in half or not.

Similarly I recall one old death animation that lasted nearly 5 seconds long.

Basically you cut a corpus guy leg off, he grips it and rolls on the floor while VOLUMES of blood leap out from the wound. You don't get that nowadays.

4) Mirage and Ash clone fixes.

Hey remember when clones actually show your regalia and model exactly the same as yourself. Where they were actually "real clones" or "mirror images" of yourself ? Well DE say oh that is terrible to optimize, I just remove it instead.

Well yay, screw us.

5) Oh and speaking of which, remember the Kohm ?!

The one people whine about that is making them lag, well it is all dead and buried. Now another generic auto shotgun.

DE did not even bother to keep the arcing mechanic or reduce the particle count.

They just turn it into another Sobek or Boar !

I could rant more and more, but I guess I made my point.

Cmon DE, we should not ALWAYS pander to the lowest denominator crowd.

When I played Warframe, I fully expect my system to be taxed especially pre-optimization days in 2013, but it was great ! I love the feel and gratuitous care to detail. IE bothering to render all shotgun pellets, dmg per tick etc.

Now it seems like to "improve performance", you guys have to keep chopping off visuals and the little things that make combat exhilarating. No amount of lens flare, glare or bloom is going to hide these from any vet who has being playing since U7 or U8.

Also PC hardware has considerably improved, hell if consoles can't run it, then don't do it for them. 

Just do it for us, the PC crowd. Yes I sound elitist but this has being ongoing in the industry. You don't expect the console port to have the same draw distance as the PC port do you?

Edited by fatpig84

Remember PhysX? That thing was the main reason why i started playing this game. 

Oh yeah, PhysX !!

Our scarfs were so awesome back then.

Hnnng rage inducing as well.

I just hate it when Dev start showing symptoms of consolitis.

If it is a console port to a PC. Fine, I will shut up.

But this is a PC port to a console, why do we have to sacrifice so much ?

Can't DE just off the bangs and whistle on the consoles, instead of chopping them on the PC ? 

Sure, it's fine to allow old rigs to at least get the WF fun but it's not fun if the game quality is going to degrade over time just to appease the low end spec users.

Well I am sure the Evolution engine is highly scalable as we had those visuals before and the current visuals now.

DE can make presets, it is just whether they want to do it or not.

Edited by fatpig84

If I sound pretentious so be it.

Certain things should not be sacrificed to keep warframe gunplay entertaining. 

DE should remember that Warframe was always a PC game at first.

And a high spec PC game at that. 

If you want to optimize to get a bigger crowd, fine. 

Just don't do it at the expense of people with the rigs to run them. 

P.S if I could run warframe on a 560TI, most budget cards would have no issues at all.

Edited by fatpig84

If I sound pretentious so be it.

Certain things should not be sacrificed to keep warframe gunplay entertaining. 

DE should remember that Warframe was always a PC game at first.

And a high spec PC game at that. 

If you want to optimize to get a bigger crowd, fine. 

Just don't do it at the expense of people with the rigs to run them. 

P.S if I could run warframe on a 560TI, most budget cards would have no issues at all.

Its not about the high end pc's though its about delivering a good game with decent graphics to everyone low end people included.

Your complaing about very little details that probably take up a S#&$ load of processing power on other pc's.

Warframe is a awesome looking game as is your being too selfish.

PhysX.

I started playing on my old laptop with a 7730M with HD screen.

I bought a whole desktop computer just for PhysX with a 750ti (Full HD screen) to run with Nvidia and see those mad effects.

And now I'm back on my old laptop.

Edited by matto

Try playing on a low end pc then say that..

No one is saying "Hey get a better computer and git gud". There should just be options for the better stuff. This game is starting to feel way too limited by trying to fit everything into low end PCs and consoles.

I have a pretty decent gaming laptop, mostly on high settings. Game looks great, runs pretty well, but it's definitely missing something from Warframe a year or so ago.

I feel like it shouldn't be too difficult to make a slider/option to enable higher end specs. Let those with uber rigs crank em up!

Its not about the high end pc's though its about delivering a good game with decent graphics to everyone low end people included.

Your complaing about very little details that probably take up a S#&$ load of processing power on other pc's.

Warframe is a awesome looking game as is your being too selfish.

Bottomline, I did say the Evolution is a highly scalable engine.

DE could make an optional "ultra high" preset, you don't have to tick it on.

Or advanced options that you could check.

And I still disagree that beam weapons doing per tick causes performance problems.

I mean the grakata can deal 20 status a second, what performance problems ?

What processing power difference at all ?

Edited by fatpig84

No one is saying "Hey get a better computer and git gud". There should just be options for the better stuff. This game is starting to feel way too limited by trying to fit everything into low end PCs and consoles.

I know no one is saying that what im saying is that its not just about high end pc's if its limited and you dont like how many less graphics there are even though it still looks amazing then oh well too bad so sad.

Bottomline, I did say the Evolution is a highly scalable engine.

DE could make an optional "ultra high" preset, you don't have to tick it on.

Or advanced options that you could check.

And I still disagree that beam weapons doing per tick causes performance problems.

I mean the grakata can deal 20 status a second, what performance problems ?

What processing power difference at all ?

do you even look at the affects on low end pcs?

Show me a number then come back to me about processing power..

Edited by -Sorrow-

So having a decent PC is now "elitist" ?

Seriously ? 

If WF can run with a N560TI, a GTX 950 would have 0 issues at all.

And the 950 is the cheapest of all the current 900 line up.

Heck WF will run on a GTX 750TI.

No problems whatsoever.

I used to play with a GTX 460. And the only problems I ever had were in the void and only certain rooms.

Then phrase it differently it sounded like you were slamming low end pc's

Look, I'm sorry if my last post sounds somewhat #$&(%-y but I hate it when you're trying to run a game without a proper rig then go nuts because the game is running slow or not at all. I've seen a lot of this situation and all I can do every time is facepalm.

I mean, there's a system requirements for a reason. Why force a 2012 game in a 2005 PC? The bad thing is, a mechanic or visual enhancement is being removed without even allowing the option of having a on/off option.

do you even look at the affects on low end pcs?

Show me a number then come back to me about processing power..

So you are asking me to give proof when DE is the one that claim that dealing per tick damage causes performance issues ?

And a very vague claim to that ?

Why not DE does this instead, make all guns deal damage per second, not per tick or per bullet.

So your soma prime has to fire for a full 1 second to deal damage !

That's 15 rounds mind you.

You have to wait a full second before you can deal damage, how do you like that ?

Sounds awful no ?

That is how the changes affect beams.

Beam damage is calculated per tick, just that we don't call it bullets because it confuses people back then.

An Ignis back then that has an ROF of 10 rounds per second, so it will deal 10 ticks per second.

A Karak has an ROF of 11 rounds per second, so it will deal 11 bullets per second.

That's it.

The only difference is terminology. 

Edited by fatpig84

They did it for many reasons, one of which is to allow low rig PCs to be-able to run warframe(though you may already know that). Another one for example was excals EB flash glare which caused some players(even on low graphics) to have seizures or known as Photosensitive epilepsy(for some reason my text decided to bold itself) and they didn't even need to play as him to have this problem, just seeing it from another player on their screen could cause it. One of my friends has to deal with this for his sensitivity is very high and it forces him to play on low graphics. What I think they need to do is just a some more options to the game to allow this kinda stuff.

I know no one is saying that what im saying is that its not just about high end pc's if its limited and you dont like how many less graphics there are even though it still looks amazing then oh well too bad so sad.

No one here is being anti low end PC but you seem to be hell bent on being very rude to people with more powerful PCs when all they want is the option to have more beauty and special effects in the game. Options that you don't need to use if your own PC can't handle it.