Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Let's Recap What Has De Taken Out Due To "optimization"

fatpig84

They did it for many reasons, one of which is to allow low rig PCs to be-able to run warframe(though you may already know that). Another one for example was excals EB flash glare which caused some players(even on low graphics) to have seizures or known as Photosensitive epilepsy(for some reason my text decided to bold itself) and they didn't even need to play as him to have this problem, just seeing it from another player on their screen could cause it. One of my friends has to deal with this for his sensitivity is very high and it forces him to play on low graphics. What I think they need to do is just a some more options to the game to allow this kinda stuff.

I agree they should.

The latest bursa flashbang has caused complaints by people.

But the Evolution engine is again highly scaleable. (i mean before we had raids and relays, we managed to squeeze 30 people into 1 defense mission via a bug lolwut)

DE can put in the options, if they want to.

I agree they should.

The latest bursa flashbang has caused complaints by people.

But the Evolution engine is again highly scaleable. (i mean before we had raids and relays, we managed to squeeze 30 people into 1 defense mission via a bug lolwut)

Then why not starting a new post(seems some negative feedback came into this one, no offense to anyone) as a petition to bring back some of these graphics as options(with of course a cation label), I'd sign it and I bet alot of people would agree with it as well.

No one here is being anti low end PC but you seem to be hell bent on being very rude to people with more powerful PCs when all they want is the option to have more beauty and special effects in the game. Options that you don't need to use if your own PC can't handle it.

if they want more beauty they can crank up max settings

Good night have fun

Edited by -Sorrow-

PhysX.

I started playing on my old laptop with a 7730M with HD screen.

I bought a whole desktop computer just for PhysX with a 750ti (Full HD screen) to run with Nvidia and see those mad effects.

And now I'm back on my old laptop.

R.i.p

Maybe one day, it'll come back. Who knows...

Then why not starting a new post(seems some negative feedback came into this one, no offense to anyone) as a petition to bring back some of these graphics as options(with of course a cation label), I'd sign it and I bet alot of people would agree with it as well.

I am not the kind of guy that does petitions and I have enough faith in DE not to resort to that.

It is feedback, DE may or may not consider it.

But I do hope at the very least, they reverse the indirect nerf on beam weapons as it cripples an entire class of weapons.

I'm not dismissing the validity of the argument that optimizations have regrettably nerfed a measure of things, and that it would be nice to have cool particle effects back. What I AM saying is that coming off as a whiny &#! little *@##$ usually destroys how receptive people are to your claims. For one, it's not as simple as just  turning the system back on. Coding in what would now be a new element takes time and effort, and coding the sources, how the effect lighting, the physics engines effecting them; all that good stuff takes a load of programming. My big issue is that you're whining almost exactly like my 2 year old niece was 15 minutes ago. You act like DE should add these elements because YOU whined about it, about how they slighted YOU, some anonymous gamer who moans more than a hippo in heat o.e

I was going to bother typing an essay in response to this thread, talking about my old monster rig and how it felt good to see all the tiny details everywhere and all that good stuff. How I felt horrible switching to a console even when it was way more conveniant for me what with having to move across the country for family and business concerns and then finding that I was somehow enjoying myself more (it might be the people I play with, i'm not sure though). But I think this this will sum up what I have to say, maybe with a little clarification required.

If the majority of gamers worldwide are irritating you so much, you could be doing much worse than complaining on the internet. At least here you can vent and I guess hope for a change back to the good old days.

Seeing as how much consoles and lower spec pcs can improve though, I wouldn't hold my breath for that switch back. You might suffocate.

2) Continuous beam weapons no longer deal per tick but per second.

Utterly broke certain weapons like Synoid Gammacore which throws out 30 rounds per second. Heck even the Flux rifle and Ignis to an extent. Since you have to wait a full 1 second to deal any damage.

Made ALL beam weapons worthless status wise, since they can only inflict 1 status a second.

Cmon, if my beamer is status modded and an ROF of 5 rounds a second or 30 rounds a second, I should have 5 to 30 status ticks a second.

In contrast, the Grakata which has similar ROF rate isn't affected, where each bullet can deal status.

So 20 rounds a second means potentially 20 status effects A SECOND.

is that why my flux rifle was crap against razorback?......huh and here i thought he had a stat resistance

I used to play with a medium settings on a laptop, not the best, not the worst. A month ago I got myself a Gaming PC that I built up from scratch with my brother. Now I find it very disapointing how little the game changed visually after being able to turn everything to max settings. I got a little bit nicer textures, more defined shapes, and better lighting (F*** bloom btw), oh and now I can run shadows, that's the biggest change.

When running from medium/low setting to all high and your biggest change is having shadows, the visual quality options of the game are lacking.

Warframe need more option, that would mostly NOT AFFECT low-end computer, because...... You can turn it off! (or is turned off by default whatever)

Those who say it's about PC master race or whatever, it's not. It's about having a choice visual, it's about enjoying a game to the maximum, without stopping low-end spec conputer/consoles to play. DE took the easy way out of many things by out right removing them. They could have worked to get it back in with an option.

Also, games like warframe that are regularly updated, tends after a year(s) or so to slowly require better specs. Why? Because of added particles, new awesome textures, etc. While I think trying to keep a balance is great, it's not always the right answer for the game's future.

I hope DE will consider doing things to bring us more eyes-gasm.

You know what the problem with the post is fat, it's the wording.

What you should have done was make a post structured like so:

Problem: Some graphics options (e.g here) made the game much more fun on PC, and were removed.

Current situation: There is no way to turn them back on, even for users who want to enjoy them.

Requested fix: Allow option to turn them back for users who wish it. Make it optional so suboptimal systems can turn them off if they wish.

What happened here was you were frustrated, and made a huge post. It doesn't really tell much other than that you are angry about the changes.

If you just structure your argument differently, it not only invites a much more reasoned discussion but also gets the point across without drama or implied blame. 

Let's not play the blame game here. The game isn't becoming worse for anyone. More people playing means more revenue for DE, more resource for them to improve the base game. Instead of mudslinging, we should be focusing on how to implement out interest without compromising that of others,

Railroading our wants over others' only breeds bitterness.

Edited by Evanescent

can you really tell the difference between 19 and 21 pellets, or at all? If the pellet count is what makes or breaks a game for you then I don't know what to say. As well, constant weapons being per second instead of per tick stop certain players having an advantage over other players simply because they have more money to spend on ram and a graphics card (BTW status is still fine on the dude). I feel like this is a very selfish post. If warframe was "completely taxing" of your high powered PC then how do you expect anyone with less than  $1000 PC to play it?

Oh yeah, PhysX !!

Our scarfs were so awesome back then.

Hnnng rage inducing as well.

I just hate it when Dev start showing symptoms of consolitis.

If it is a console port to a PC. Fine, I will shut up.

But this is a PC port to a console, why do we have to sacrifice so much ?

Can't DE just off the bangs and whistle on the consoles, instead of chopping them on the PC ? 

Not really.

PC actually has a lot more hardware variance than console, and a lower performance minimum. There are people out there who play Warframe on Intel HD 4000 graphics chipsets that will chug and break on a lot of particle effects. I'm willing to bet DE did these optimizations for the people with craptops first, and consoles second.

Atleast DE has the decency to not ask their consumers to buy the latest PC as far as specs go just to play the game and have it look good because graphics and stuff.

Honestly, would you prefer Batman Arkham Knight PC version of optimization on PC or the current one? Graphics and eye-candy aren't everything, if the game runs like crap and plays like crap then it is crap.

The fact of the matter is many of these visual FX (and a lot of the code behind them) were, at the time, straight up breaking peoples games. If you meet the following requirements:

The minimum specs for Warframe are:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo e6400 or AMD Athlon x64 4000+ (~2.2 dual core CPU)
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: Nvidia 8600 GT or ATI Radeon HD 3600
DirectX: 9.0c
Hard Drive: 10 GB available space
For DirectX11:
Graphics: AMD 5000 series or Nvidia 400 series or higher
To use Nvidia APEX PhysX:
Nvidia Graphics Card with 1G of video RAM
Driver Version 310.90 or higher
Note: There is no Mac or Linux support current available

Then you are entitled to a functioning game experience, just as user with a $4000 super computer is. Period.

If you believe otherwise, either request DE to change their standards for minimum spec requirements, or go back to playing Crysis games on max settings.

The devs are literally constantly working to improve the overall look and ascetic of Warframe - if that's not good enough I'm not sure what is. 

Edited by [DE]Danielle

Is DE reducing textures from the game? Or is my game installation bugged? I tried to verify it several times.

On mission extraction you have liset waiting for you. And on wall you see a liset door where our Warframes hop. Instead of a warframe docking door there is this stargate. Is this intentional?

3YpCnJs.png

Edited by carnaga

They never should've removed anything.

On consoles? Disable features.

Low end PCs? They can adjust it to where they like it (the user).

Just from a skim over the OP it sounds like there was no reason for DE to remove the effects/features mentioned.

Is DE reducing textures from the game? Or is my game installation bugged? I tried to verify it several times.

On mission extraction you have liset waiting for you. And on wall you see a liset door where our Warframes hop. Instead of a warframe docking door there is this stargate. Is this intentional?

3YpCnJs.png

-Sorry for Double Post-

I noticed this too, just thought it was a texture bug. 

Given what OP has listed (in terms of feature removal), I wouldn't be surprised if it's a downgrade of some sort. 

But I'd rather give them the benefit of the doubt. 

(Mind you if it was a bug they would've had a lot of update to fix it).