Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Synoid Gammacor Once Best Now Worst.

TeaBegging

We all know that synoid gammacor was one off the best syndicate guns out, this changed due to nerf army crying for nerfs. And now nobody even mentions or talks about. Because its nerfed to the ground. Funny how mainstream youtubers can affect updates in games..

Because the once terrible rakta ballistica is actually good now. Ironicly the worst changed to one off the best. And the best changed in to on off the worst. I mean instead off decreasing synoid gammacor base damage, they increased its fire rate. Not only is it that continues weapons poorly benefit from ammo mutation mods. this one has so much fire rate that you actually need to tap the gun to actually counter the ammo loss.

Poor nerf decision. Can you please re change that ammo consumption on the synoid gammacor. 

Edited by TeaBegging

One of the worst?? Synoid Gammacor is still one of the BEST secondaries. It chews through ammo- but it does insane dps. Losing ONE damage mod for an ammo mutator doesn't ruin it- people need to stop thinking "anything that needs something that isn't a damage mod sucks." because it is NOT TRUE.

One of the worst?? Synoid Gammacor is still one of the BEST secondaries. It chews through ammo- but it does insane dps. Losing ONE damage mod for an ammo mutator doesn't ruin it- people need to stop thinking "anything that needs something that isn't a damage mod sucks." because it is NOT TRUE.

I am using ammo mutation, and its not helping me one bit. Still run out fast.

Synoid Gammacor is fine, still deals tons of damage.

officer-barbrady-move-along-people.jpeg

Typical response. Nobody ever takes the ammo economy into consideration.

Compare SG with brakk. SG eats 100 bullets and needs 5 ammo drops for a full refill, whereas brakk eats 5 bullets (for the same amount of damage) and only needs .25 of an ammo drop for a refill. In high level missions, where you need to spend increasingly more ammo to kill one single heavy enemy, you will not be able to maintain the bullet hose that is SG even if you pick up pistol scavenger and ammo mutation. Meanwhile, brakk will continue to outperform SG and not have to worry at all about running low on ammo.

And the best part? Brakk doesn't need any mutation or scavenger mod, which means you can focus more on maximizing damage!

SG is a bogus paperweight that is only good for restoring energy. Other than that, there are so many other weapons that are far better. Just because it does a lot of damage, it doesn't make it very good if it's absolutely awful in maintaining ammo.

I Do not care about the tons off damage. I want a better ammo economy.

I am never out of ammo, you just don't know how to mod ... Your probably using mutlishoot and high fire rates mods, just replace them with something else ...

Edited by clemza

I am using ammo mutation, and its not helping me one bit. Still run out fast.

Yes it has bad ammo economy, no doubt about it. But it's not the only weapon I bring into missions and having a drawback to that incredible DPS it brings to the table is not a bad thing.

I still remember the time where everyone ran around with their laser pointers, now it's more in line. And if you compare it to all the other syndicate weapons, it's certainly not the worst of the lot.

Why are there only complaint threads about this one?

Edit:

Typical response. Nobody ever takes the ammo economy into consideration.

Typical response to this particular topic, only.

Edited by Kontrollo

I am never out of ammo, you just don't know how to mod ... Your probably using mutlishoot and high fire rates mods, just replace them with something else ...

Funny. Because I run out off ammo and you don't makes me failure at modding. Mulitshot 2.0 Didnt happen yet. And no I don't use lethal torrent... 

Yes it has bad ammo economy, no doubt about it. But it's not the only weapon I bring into missions and having a drawback to that incredible DPS it brings to the table is not a bad thing.

I still remember the time where everyone ran around with their laser pointers, now it's more in line. And if you compare it to all the other syndicate weapons, it's certainly not the worst of the lot.

Why are there only complaint threads about this one?

Edit:

Typical response to this particular topic, only.

I remember those times aswell, but if I have to consider this. Then things like boltor prime and sonicor were overly used by nearly everybody else. I don't see any drastic changes to those guns. 

How to use Gammacor Synoid for dummies:

Step 1) Mod for damage

Step 2) SAVE THE AMMO FOR THE REAL ENEMIES

Step 3) ???

Step 4) Profit.

Really, it's just a matter of not shooting every single enemy in the mission with it.

Best guide 10/10

Why bring a gun if you don't want to shoot it on all enemies ?

I remember those times aswell, but if I have to consider this. Then things like boltor prime and sonicor were overly used by nearly everybody else. I don't see any drastic changes to those guns. 

How about we compare it to something that's actually more-or-less comparable? When was the last time you saw someone run around with the Secura Dual Cestra?

Ammo economy: only slightly better than the Synoid Gammacor. Spread: all over the place. Crit stats: worse. Bullet travel time.

*Insert comparison for Telos Akbolto here, where Synoid Gammacor still looks better*

Sorry if anyone got offended by that initial response, but the thread was originally started in GD and this topic has been done to death.

Edited by Kontrollo

Sorry but the the ammo consumption outdoes the ''damage'' buff. In every ways.

So you prefer a weapon with good to awesome ammo efficiency that can´t kill a Lvl30+ enemy over a weapon that can kill almost everything but has bad ammo efficiency?

But nevertheless, lots of weapons need a rework regarding the ammo pool.

How about we compare it to something that's actually more-or-less comparable? When was the last time you saw someone run around with the Secura Dual Cestra?

Ammo economy: only slightly better than the Synoid Gammacor. Spread: all over the place. Crit stats: worse. Bullet travel time.

*Insert comparison for Telos Akbolto here, where Synoid Gammacor still looks better*

Sorry if anyone got offended by that initial response, but the thread was originally started in GD and this topic has been done to death.

Funny how you compare guns based on their usage by everbody. I actually use both guns telos akbolto and dual cestra both are fine in their own ways. However you can counter the cons on these guns. Sadly you can't counter the ammo consumption on synoid gammacor. It just consumes to much than it kills.

How to use Gammacor Synoid for dummies:

Step 1) Mod for damage

Step 2) SAVE THE AMMO FOR THE REAL ENEMIES

Step 3) ???

Step 4) Profit.

Really, it's just a matter of not shooting every single enemy in the mission with it.

Then there's no point. I'll just continue using vaykor hek or brakk because, unlike SG, I can use it on all enemies.

Edited by Pizzarugi

So you prefer a weapon with good to awesome ammo efficiency that can´t kill a Lvl30+ enemy over a weapon that can kill almost everything but has bad ammo efficiency?

Euhm, what you described makes no sense. because it will do the exact same thing. but in a diffrent way. And there is a great gun with verry good ammo economy that does good damage that is actually a continues laser. It's called the quanta.

I prefere a weapon with this 2 feature, available on : quanta, desepair, spira,latron,rakta cernos....

and even If I still use the gammacore synoid, it's quite annoying this poor ammo efficiency at long hight level mission, too strong, too many, can't really pick up all munition in the fight

can we just get base_damage*2 and fire_rate/2, at least in order to make it clear, the gammacore synoid is a buffed gammacore and not a gammacore with a better dps with the price and excelent proc of cost more munitions ?

Funny how you compare guns based on their usage by everbody. I actually use both guns telos akbolto and dual cestra both are fine in their own ways. However you can counter the cons on these guns. Sadly you can't counter the ammo consumption on synoid gammacor. It just consumes to much than it kills.

I did not compare those guns by their usage, I was asking why threads are created only about this one.

I compared the Synoid Gammacor to the Secura Dual Cestra by how they handle and other stats, because in a plain paper DPS comparison Synoid Gammacor wins anyway with 420 DPS vs. 375.

These were your words here:

... And the best changed in to on off the worst. ...

And I can say for sure Synoid Gammacor is not one of the worst. Just don't use it like a lightsaber; instead of starting it and sweeping, point and pulse.

And btw, I own and use all the syndicate secondary weapons (Secura Dual Cestra more for the lols).

Edited by Kontrollo

I did not compare those guns by their usage, I was asking why threads are created only about this one.

I compared the Synoid Gammacor to the Secura Dual Cestra by how they handle and other stats, because in a plain paper DPS comparison Synoid Gammacor wins anyway with 420 DPS vs. 375.

These were your words here:

And I can say for sure Synoid Gammacor is not one of the worst. Just don't use it like a lightsaber; instead of starting it and sweeping, point and pulse.

And btw, I own and use all the syndicate secondary weapons (Secura Dual Cestra more for the lols).

I own all Syndicate secondaries aswell. You compare  their dps but you forgot or didn't mention that continues guns only do damage once per second. So the comparrision is invalid.