Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Loki Rework: The 6:44 Am Edition

Xiusa

On 16/02/2016 at 2:58 PM, Xiusa said:

Decoy is used only as a means to use Switch Teleport. Switch Teleport is only used as a means to troll or to switch with your Decoy to your desired location. Invisibility isn't that bad but for a Warframe that's advertised as "desired by advanced players" it really doesn't help. Radial Disarm wouldn't be a problem if enemies had different AI or mechanics or SOMETHING aside from just a barely functional glow-stick. That falls into a problem on its own but still.

Clearly you don't play as loki. Decoy used a lot to lure enemy from the objective. Even in grineer trial it's commonly used to distract the boss. Switch teleport is a mobility tool. You can switch with decoy or faraway enemy. I do it a lot. Invisibility is a necessity for a frame with 1100 total hp with mods, that's literally 1 sortie moa kick. And disarm doesn't make enemies harmless. They absolutely can beat you or objective with sticks. Certain units also ignore it. Irradiated disarm helps with that of course. 

And yes it's for advanced players. It requires rare mods, it allows for unique gameplay with invisibility and turning any level into melee brawl. And it allows to get to secret areas and vaults in unique ways, although several frames do that. And it punishes sloppy play. As I said, loki is barely able to tank one kick from a disarmed sortie enemy. Overall it's probably the most balanced frame in the game along with frost. But more interesting, since you can mod loki in several drastically different ways. That's one frame that should stay as is all the way to full release.

And speaking of advanced, I play him a lot and I rarely meet a good loki player. He can be godly in right hands, but most people I meet are subpar. So, yeah, advanced. 

3 hours ago, (PS4)IIIDevoidIII said:

I feel that Radial Disarm and Invisibility are fine as they are.

Decoy and Switch Teleport could use some work, but combining them doesn't feel the way to go. 

Switch teleport would be awesome if it made you look like the targeted enemy and the enemy look like you

that way the enemies ignore you and blow their confused buddy to pieces then maybe they could enter an unaware state as they think the tenno threat has been terminated

Erm just me but I don't want to have a PHD to be able to play Loki.

He is fine right now, Press 1 to make Decoy, Press 2 to get out of trouble, Press 3 to teleport enemies or decoy, Press 4 when a bombard comes near.

Yur proposed skill set is more of :

Press 1 to make Decoy,

Press 2 (spam) to make enemies not shoot yu for awhile,

Press 3 to burn energy just to be able to cast a spell my buddy used, and mind yu, if my team is just 3 Excaliburs, whoowee, make that 4 Excaliburs now,

Press 4 to troll everybody, making them miss their shots, actually who cares, everyone uses Simulor.

Warframe is not an RPG game or a Chessboard type game. Rolling back enemy positions isn't gonna do anything except troll the hell out of yur team, who is trying to shoot them.

PS: Using black theme will make yur entire post unreadable. 

Edited by YasaiTsume

1 hour ago, -dicht.Amducias- said:

He is balanced and actually good.. ppl like you cause mindless nerfs..

He's not balanced, he's totally OP. He can remove guns, go invisible for at least half a minute, and decoy can be placed where it can't be shot but enemies still shoot at it. I'm all against nerfs that seem to happen for no reason but Loki is the frame that actually needs one.

On 2/16/2016 at 6:13 PM, -dicht.Amducias- said:

No.

^ This

Touch my Loki and die. He is one of the most balanced frames in the game with a kit that actually allows you to play abilities off of one another. These are the kind of nerfs that we DONT need.

Edited by SwiftPotato12

your "loki" will cause all of us Loki mains to hate "loki".

The current loki is useful and great, This "loki" you suggested is pretty useless.

Loki disarm makes him a beast to 3 factions in the game.

Switch teleport can be used to make squad mates invincible with the augment or also be very useful in spy.( this ability could be swapped out for whatever you suggested)

invisibility- take it away and no one will use loki for spy missions or even regular play. This is one of his defensive skills to avoid damage given how squishy he is.

The current loki can significantly reduce the damage taken by all squad members due to disarm. 

take away Disarm and invis and you killed the reasons why loki players want to play loki.

as for imitate, do you really think anyone will use it and find it more useful than switch teleport?

trick? 5 m? max range 15 ish m when modded? your trick wont reach far enough to help the team and would only help yourself. 

the new decoy you suggested might work fine, but im not sure how likely this can be implemented given " Decoys will utilize parkour/maneuvers if required to get to their destination and will wall cling indefinitely if that is their destination".

A rework should make a frame more balanced but also should make sure that the current players of that frame can still enjoy it for the most part at least.

Edited by Symm3trIx

3 hours ago, Symm3trIx said:

your "loki" will cause all of us Loki mains to hate "loki".

The current loki is useful and great, This "loki" you suggested is pretty useless.

Loki disarm makes him a beast to 3 factions in the game.

Switch teleport can be used to make squad mates invincible with the augment or also be very useful in spy.( this ability could be swapped out for whatever you suggested)

invisibility- take it away and no one will use loki for spy missions or even regular play. This is one of his defensive skills to avoid damage given how squishy he is.

The current loki can significantly reduce the damage taken by all squad members due to disarm. 

take away Disarm and invis and you killed the reasons why loki players want to play loki.

as for imitate, do you really think anyone will use it and find it more useful than switch teleport?

trick? 5 m? max range 15 ish m when modded? your trick wont reach far enough to help the team and would only help yourself. 

the new decoy you suggested might work fine, but im not sure how likely this can be implemented given " Decoys will utilize parkour/maneuvers if required to get to their destination and will wall cling indefinitely if that is their destination".

A rework should make a frame more balanced but also should make sure that the current players of that frame can still enjoy it for the most part at least.

Switch teleport should be changed to itzal like blink