Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

End Game Nikana Prime Build

JustGotFadedAhaha

Question

Hey guys! With the newly added Nikana Prime I thought I would go ahead and post this build I'm using! 

Reminder: At the end of the day build HOWEVER you believe is right! This is merely my take on the weapon! :)

The mods are as follows, and the elemental combos here are just for general placement. Use appropriate combos for different factions.

Blood Rush (Max)

Fever Strike (Max)

Shocking Touch (Max)

Pressure Point (Max)

Molten Impact (Max)

Body Count (Max)

Berserker (Max)

Organ Shatter (Max)

Now if you absolutely need to use Life Strike you can take out one of the elementals in order to fit it into the build.

Another build wich is similar is swapping out an elemental for True Steel (GASP!). It generally isnt a good idea but from my calculations they end up at about the same dps factoring in red crit damage. 

and again at the end of the day build however you please! Have fun tenno!

EDIT: Further calculations have been made and I have come up with these results. These numbers don't factor in any armor or other attributes of enemies. These numbers were calculated on paper and I could be wrong. But i'm writing what came up on my calculator :P

I've come up with that infact true steel results in a bit more dps on the nikana prime. Assuming you have a 2.5x combo multiplier with the build you are using above me. If you remove molten impact and use true steel on a 2.5x multiplier, in 10 melee attacks you would have done  32063.48  damage on paper. But while using molten impact on a 2.5x multiplier you would have done 29381.6 damage on paper. Now ASSUMING you infact do hit 6 red crits ( 164% crit chance ) you will do more damage. But if you get UNLUCKY you will do less. And the damage just goes higher the more you build up your multiplier. 

Edited by MyNutsHaveExploded

A thing maybe to Notice. I want to use this Weapon vs all Factions and all LVL. Im Aware that a Corrosive+Cold combo would give higher damage at low-lvl(1-80) or if Solo play without 4 X Cp. And so things important to me are Slash-Procc that ignore Shields and Armor alike and Reducing Enemy Hp by half via Viral.

Thats where the Original Question came up, is Primed Reach with any Stance worth Taking over Buzzkill? as for im not willing to go Corrosive + X

Elem    PP         Weighted   Proc %

imp          4,75    10,45     41,8            1,958%

pun          4,75    10,45     41,8            1,958%

slash        85,5    188,1     752,4          35,2448%

elements 163,4   359,48   359,48       16,8392% of which 11,2261% viral and 5,6131% other (fire for me for added CC and dot)

total         258,4   568,48  1195,48                

EDITED out, wrong math.

Edited by Autongnosis

Hm, you're right, now i wondered where i borked up on my maths instead. Must've been a referring link inside the formula somewhere.

EDIT: figured, made a mistake and used the slash fraction of the damage after Buzz Kill to calculate elemental damage. Silly me.

So i wa wrong an Buzz Kill actually is better.

Now i want to test another mod though. Weeping Wounds. Getting to 100% status with Viral and Bleed stack sounds juicy.

Edited by Autongnosis

Alright, while the Forum was down I did some calculations and testing in regards to Organ Shatter and Vital Sense's synergy with Blood Rush.

I'm not gonna bore you with all the details so:
Organ Shatter = More damage, especially once you reach red-crit territory. (19% at 135 hits, 35% at 405 hits)
True Steel = More Reliable damage but gets outpaced by Organ Shatter at 45 hits.

Am the only one who uses 90% elemental mods and Weeping wounds so i end up with 100% status chance?

I mean, i melt down anything that comes to me.

Atm i'm using:

Pressure Point

Berzerker

Organ Shatter

Blood Rush

Body Count

Weeping Wounds

Shocking Touch

Fever Strike

Still proc Bleed with a nice chance, good damage, nothing last too long since i'll wreck armor in a few seconds and the high base slash/bleed will do the rest.

On 23.2.2016 at 6:43 PM, Endrance said:

Am the only one who uses 90% elemental mods and Weeping wounds so i end up with 100% status chance?

I mean, i melt down anything that comes to me.

Atm i'm using:

Pressure Point

Berzerker

Organ Shatter

Blood Rush

Body Count

Weeping Wounds

Shocking Touch

Fever Strike

Still proc Bleed with a nice chance, good damage, nothing last too long since i'll wreck armor in a few seconds and the high base slash/bleed will do the rest.

No your are surely not the only one trying this but for me it because pretty pointless because you need a Combo-Counter of 5.5(which means about over 15k hits) to get 100% Status and to reach the "normal build" with ele+status mods your need 3.0 Counter (about 400 hits? not sure). This makes it not so well for me because i want that status effects right from the start (starting sorties or if you get killed by accident) future more at later lvl (enemy lvl 300+) without 4 x Cp you need Bleeding over any Corrosive Proc because you need about 40-56 to strip them of all their armor.(what you try to do) And if your Read up the whole Thread you seen how proc-chances are calculated if we follow this logic your build would need about 3.5-4.0 Combo-Counter with Weeping Wounds to get the Bleed Proccs needed.

But its surely up to you IF you can stay alive like for ever and never die to anything then it can work out.

3 hours ago, sneakatone said:

so should I replace true steel with primed reach?

At the beginn this was my question too or better Take Primed Reach over anything. My Answere sofar was its depends on your Style/Stance Tranquil Cleave and Decivis Jugement have  wide Swings and good chances to hit Multipled oponents while Blind Justice has not. So if you use certain Combos in thos Stances its worth for 2 Stances and not worth for 1. Again my Opinion after testing the weapon at serval high lvl endless Missions.

4 hours ago, SneakNDes7roy03 said:

- Max Jagged Edge

- Max Rending Strike

Please, just no.

And Rending Strike? Nikana Prime has non-existant puncture damage.

There's a fine line between an alternate build and a terrible build.

Spoiler

Edited by Rambit23Z

On Monday, February 15, 2016 at 0:57 AM, MyNutsHaveExploded said:

Hey guys! With the newly added Nikana Prime I thought I would go ahead and post this build I'm using! 

Reminder: At the end of the day build HOWEVER you believe is right! This is merely my take on the weapon! :)

The mods are as follows, and the elemental combos here are just for general placement. Use appropriate combos for different factions.

Blood Rush (Max)

Fever Strike (Max)

Shocking Touch (Max)

Pressure Point (Max)

Molten Impact (Max)

Body Count (Max)

Berserker (Max)

Organ Shatter (Max)

Now if you absolutely need to use Life Strike you can take out one of the elementals in order to fit it into the build.

Another build wich is similar is swapping out an elemental for True Steel (GASP!). It generally isnt a good idea but from my calculations they end up at about the same dps factoring in red crit damage. 

and again at the end of the day build however you please! Have fun tenno!

EDIT: Further calculations have been made and I have come up with these results. These numbers don't factor in any armor or other attributes of enemies. These numbers were calculated on paper and I could be wrong. But i'm writing what came up on my calculator :P

I've come up with that infact true steel results in a bit more dps on the nikana prime. Assuming you have a 2.5x combo multiplier with the build you are using above me. If you remove molten impact and use true steel on a 2.5x multiplier, in 10 melee attacks you would have done  32063.48  damage on paper. But while using molten impact on a 2.5x multiplier you would have done 29381.6 damage on paper. Now ASSUMING you infact do hit 6 red crits ( 164% crit chance ) you will do more damage. But if you get UNLUCKY you will do less. And the damage just goes higher the more you build up your multiplier. 

Pro tipp:

Status for viral instead of the elemental mods.-> ~40% chance to eather half theyr health (doubles your or rather any damage in reality) or to set slash for 33% of this damage, executed as finisher dot as slash status fully scales off crit. 

The endresult is slightly better and the additional damage fully ignores any type of scaling :9

Should go up to ~120k 

When playing saryn: pick one status mod that goes with toxic as lash adds toxic damage and put utility on the remaining slot. The spores take care of the viral in her case.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

12 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Pro tipp:

Status for viral instead of the elemental mods.-> ~40% chance to eather half theyr health (doubles your damage in reality) or to set slash for 33% of this damage, executed as finisher dot as slash status fully scales off crit. 

The endresult is slightly better and the additional damage fully ignores any type of scaling :9

Should go up to ~120k 

When playing saryn: pick one status mod that goes with toxic as lash adds toxic damage and put utility on the remaining slot. The spores take care of the viral in her case.

You do know that Toxic Lash doesn't combine with weapon elementals anymore, right?

30 minutes ago, Rambit23Z said:

You do know that Toxic Lash doesn't combine with weapon elementals anymore, right?

Huh, recent change i assume? Was still listed as combining damage the last time i checked.

Bummer. Nvm. Thx for the info! Just go for cor, rad or toxic+utility for additional poison instead of viral then.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

Just now, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Huh, recent change i assume? Was still listed as combining damage the last time i checked.

Bummer. Nvm. Just go for cor or rad instead of viral then.

Changed with her rework. Main reason is to guarantee toxin procs on every melee strike for spreading toxin along with the viral for synergy with Spore and Miasma.

5 hours ago, Rambit23Z said:

Please, just no.

And Rending Strike? Nikana Prime has non-existant puncture damage.

There's a fine line between an alternate build and a terrible build.

Reveal hidden contents

Rending Strike may be useless with the puncture damage aspect but it still adds more slash damage and same with jagged edge. I don't see how it's a terrible build when it can do up to 900 damage in all per strike and it has an attack speed of 1.41 not including berserker so it can do a lot of damage really quickly. I know that crit builds can do more damage but that doesn't mean that this build is bad since it still can do a lot of damage really fast and slice through them easily. By the way, no need to be such an A****** about it and start calling it terrible. If you don't have anything nice to say then you might as well not say anything at all. Also if you thought something could be changed  then you could of just said "hey you shouldn't have those mods on it by the way" and not start calling peoples builds terrible even though it can be a pretty good build at times. Since my build can slice through lvl 60s pretty easily so who cares if a crit build can do more damage this just another way you can build it.

5 hours ago, Rambit23Z said:

Changed with her rework. Main reason is to guarantee toxin procs on every melee strike for spreading toxin along with the viral for synergy with Spore and Miasma.

Pretty sure i checked the wiki just recently...interresting.

Building for additional poison would add a poison chance over 100% then right? 

1 minute ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Pretty sure i checked the wiki just recently...interresting.

Building for additional poison would add a poison chance over 100% then right? 

Well, Toxic Lash already grants guaranteed Toxin Procs. More Toxin mods would simply increase the damage.

17 minutes ago, Rambit23Z said:

Well, Toxic Lash already grants guaranteed Toxin Procs. More Toxin mods would simply increase the damage.

Yea and no... at least not the per dot damage. That one scales off basedamage and multipliers. Question is if having poison on the weapon would trigger a double status, 2 dots on hit .... over 100% status is kinda unique to her rework and to my knowing not rly clarified...thought you might know something.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

1 hour ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Yea and no... at least not the per dot damage. That one scales off basedamage and multipliers. Question is if having poison on the weapon would trigger a double status, 2 dots on hit .... over 100% status is kinda unique to her rework and to my knowing not rly clarified...thought you might know something.

It shouldn't. Weapons with over 100% proc chance act as if they had exactly 100%.

8 minutes ago, Rambit23Z said:

It shouldn't. Weapons with over 100% proc chance act as if they had exactly 100%.

Wouldn't that also exclude any other status? Or is it not only the poison that gets guaranteed status?

The chance for each status to procc is usually defined by the damage percentage contributed to the hit.... 100% only poison procc would be kinda flawed...

6 minutes ago, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

Wouldn't that also exclude any other status? Or is it not only the poison that gets guaranteed status?

The chance for each status to procc is usually defined by the damage percentage contributed to the hit.... 100% only poison procc would be kinda flawed...

To put it simply; with Toxic Lash active you always get Toxin procs. And other damage types proc like normal. When playing I see many Slash and Corrosive procs along with the Toxin.

4 minutes ago, Rambit23Z said:

To put it simply; with Toxic Lash active you always get Toxin procs. And other damage types proc like normal. When playing I see many Slash and Corrosive procs along with the Toxin.

Means one of two things

Eather: it scales like it usually would and brings saryns generall status chance to 100%

Or: the procc only scales off the additional damage...what could mean off the theoretical or actuall damage you do, falloff in one or two instances... hm... i have to test this asap...