Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Excal And The Exalted Blade Fiasco. A Balancing Suggestion.

Haxwell

The only thing i dont like about this skill is when theres an excal on your team and literally all they are doing is exalted blade. Killing everything ahead of the team before they have a chance to have any sort of fun. And they do this through the entire mission.

My suggestion is two pronged. First, exalted blade would work more like the artemis bow in that thered be an initial cast to take it out. Then, when you begin attacking with it (without the energy waves) the slow energy drain begins, but ONLY while attacking. Then, CHANNELING while attacking with EB sends out the energy waves and every wave you send out costs a small chunk of energy (like the way the artemis bow shots work). I feel like this would promote more moderation with EB and prevent people from using the exalted blade waves to kill everything ahead of the team before they have a chance to do anything for the entire mission.

those are the inexperienced excaliber players that relies on his 3rd and 4th abilities pay them no mind because as soon as the game starts to get harder in endless missions like survivals and interceptions they go down faster than a saryn against the sentients.

a real excaliber player never uses his 3rd or 4th abilities because that's leaving yourself open to be shot in the back and you can test this all you want   an rb excal against an eb excal in a high level survival going 90-120 mins.

Edited by ranks21

The problem I have with Excalibur and EB is ability overlap. Why would you ever use Slash Dash when you can just swish your weapon a couple of times with EB and have the same results? EB just does too much too well. I would be perfectly fine with all offensive functionality being removed from EB and it instead be used as a defensive ability. 

2 hours ago, ranks21 said:

a real excaliber player never uses his 3rd or 4th abilities because that's leaving yourself open to be shot in the back and you can test this all you want   an rb excal against an eb excal in a high level survival going 90-120 mins.

exalted blade doesn't prevent you from using radial blind. quite the opposite actually, exalted blade benefits a lot from radial blind, and using either without the other is far from optimized.

%7Boption%7Dimg%5D

Slash Dash build.

Let the people who EB keep their fun. It's fun for people to spam out energy waves, and I can understand that.

People like me will then play Slash Dash build, most OP build in endgame when Iframes + 20k damage per cast for 6 energy makes people sweat.

Edit: Surging Dash adds to Melee Combo Counter, hence stacking Blood Rush on yur melee weapon as well.

Edited by YasaiTsume

idc, i've stopped playing excalibur period ever since the rework. terrible ultimate that doesn't fit into the game. it should be in the whack-a-mole game, it seriously feels like that, and it's become a pretty childish excalibur. let it be OP or UP, it doesn't matter how strong excalibur is with his EB. his design is now plain terrible and is no longer a ninja, he's a turret that keeps spamming his sh1t. then all the sudden this turret transforms to something fast to relocates itself then retransforms into a turret to spam more f4rt waves. honestly the best warframes are the new ones, completely fun, outshining excalibur, such as ivara, wukong etc. point is, i don't look at excalibur anymore, i'd recommend him for new starting players just to get a cheap boost, but that's about it.

5 hours ago, (PS4) Seventh89 said:

So basically make Exalted Blade exorbitantly costly and mostly useless, got it. That's what passes for balance it seems, destroy something I don't like.

Yes, so we can all move along and use Mirage with Simulator or Tonkor instead^^

3 hours ago, vazerd68 said:

I agree that EB is too strong and creates bad habits for new players (just recruit a MR0-4 player in a mission his weapons can't handle).

I like spaming the blades too but still believe that the energy drain of the ability is way too low.

It basically impossible to balance EB in such a way that it's not somewhat too powerful at lower levels without making it useless in endgame. Currently EB is fine in endgame. Yes the waves are nice yet at the same time it already does less damage than either Hysteria and Artemis Bow at the same power strength level even when factoring in the 3x damage bonus from Radial Blind. And having to spam Radial Blind to get into roughly the same damage range already increases the energy costs by quiet a large margin.

Valkyr can just spam slide attacks and level 150+ eximus units die in one hit.

well if you're playing in extermination you can't avoid that, just like old saryn miasma on extermination and WoF, but if you play in mode other than extermination i dont think exalted blade prevent you to have fun because the mission wont be like kill certain number of enemies. in invasion mission my volt with tonbo/orthos is actually kill faster than excalibur exalted blade, my volt run faster than the wave and has wider range. look at the positive way, in high level mission if excalibur doesnt kill really fast like he is now the enemy numbers around you will increased like crazy start from min 35. i dont use excalibur but i found its fun to have him around on endless type mission

Not having enough fun because someone can kill faster than you? Solo the mission or bring a damage frame. Then you will be able to kill all you want.

It's the same as bringing a Trinity to a public extermination mission and expecting to do 100% of the damage. No.

On 2/18/2016 at 5:18 PM, Haxwell said:

The only thing i dont like about this skill is when theres an excal on your team and literally all they are doing is exalted blade. Killing everything ahead of the team before they have a chance to have any sort of fun. And they do this through the entire mission.

My suggestion is two pronged. First, exalted blade would work more like the artemis bow in that thered be an initial cast to take it out. Then, when you begin attacking with it (without the energy waves) the slow energy drain begins, but ONLY while attacking. Then, CHANNELING while attacking with EB sends out the energy waves and every wave you send out costs a small chunk of energy (like the way the artemis bow shots work). I feel like this would promote more moderation with EB and prevent people from using the exalted blade waves to kill everything ahead of the team before they have a chance to do anything for the entire mission.

No, what you need to grasp is its not the skill that's the problem, its the player. If you fix that skill they will find something else to spam, you wont stop them by nerfing things randomly. This is something that seems to be a very hard concept to understand. I have faith we'll get it one day though.

On 2/18/2016 at 9:18 AM, Haxwell said:

The only thing i dont like about this [INSERT SKILL OR WEAPON] is when theres an [INSERT FRAME OR WEAPON NAME] on your team and literally all they are doing is [INSERT SKILL OR WEAPON NAME]. Killing everything ahead of the team before they have a chance to have any sort of fun. And they do this through the entire mission.

What I don't understand is why Excal is singled out for this when I have, on occasion, pissed other players off by being an Ember with a max range Ignis in low Exterminate missions and killing everything even before the doors would open. Is it the showy effects and slashy slashy sound? You literally can outrun the slash waves. Your guns shoot faster and farther than the sword waves. Ignis kills entire rooms behind the wall/floor/ceiling.  Is it because any newbie with zero mods in Excal could do this? If it is, why take away their fun? They won't get a 5 Forma Ignis any time soon.  No, really. If you think perma Exalted Blade excal ruins fun by killing everything, that means you haven't seen Ember/Mirage/ResonanceBanshee with 5 Forma Ignis.

12 hours ago, YasaiTsume said:

%7Boption%7Dimg%5D

Slash Dash build.

Let the people who EB keep their fun. It's fun for people to spam out energy waves, and I can understand that.

People like me will then play Slash Dash build, most OP build in endgame when Iframes + 20k damage per cast for 6 energy makes people sweat.

Edit: Surging Dash adds to Melee Combo Counter, hence stacking Blood Rush on yur melee weapon as well.

Only 20k at 6 energy per cast?

Well that's pretty low tbh considering my RB+EB build do the same amount of damage not counting crit and has like 0.8 energy drain and can hit multiple enemies in one shot.

15 hours ago, ranks21 said:

those are the inexperienced excaliber players that relies on his 3rd and 4th abilities pay them no mind because as soon as the game starts to get harder in endless missions like survivals and interceptions they go down faster than a saryn against the sentients.

Oh, I see you're not playing with a mouse or any camera controlling device whatsoever, to be shot in the back like that. I too, find the game too easy and sometimes I play without a mouse, or keyboard, or monitor or computer.

i don't really think it's too powerful, i use him especially if things need to die instantly, the enemy level doesn't even matter, because 200-300k waves each hit is ridiculous, BUT! that doesn't mean he can't die, you will get overwhelmed at some point. so, very situational frame, like every other. 
i also like to play with EB a lot, but i use combos and fly around like a mad sword destroying the whole map in seconds, instead of spamming E :<

*Radial blind and Radial javelin both under LoS which is glitchy as hell*

*Decides to nerf EB anyway*

Seriously, what do you want Excalibur players to do? There's like two skills that's completely unusable here just because DE haven't fixed LoS time and time again. And now we have a Slash Dash that has absolutely no control over which enemies to hit and which enemies not to (inb4 combo breaker, but still). And we now have another nerf thread? And mind the word "balancing" nowadays means "make it the worst frame to use by adding in unnecessary obstacles".  Fix Radial Blind and I would compromise. 

10 minutes ago, Madho said:

*Radial blind and Radial javelin both under LoS which is glitchy as hell*

*Decides to nerf EB anyway*

Seriously, what do you want Excalibur players to do? There's like two skills that's completely unusable here just because DE haven't fixed LoS time and time again. And now we have a Slash Dash that has absolutely no control over which enemies to hit and which enemies not to (inb4 combo breaker, but still). And we now have another nerf thread? And mind the word "balancing" nowadays means "make it the worst frame to use by adding in unnecessary obstacles".  Fix Radial Blind and I would compromise. 

RJ and RB are unusable?

What game are you playing?

Just now, ClinkzEastwood said:

RJ and RB are unusable?

What game are you playing?

You may not notice it, but LoS is definitely a very glitchy mechanism. Some may have experienced it with Loki being unable to switch teleport with a decoy, even though it's totally in their line of sight, and it is a life or death matter when it comes to Radial Blind, because a single glitch leaving a single enemy unblinded, thus leaving Excal incredibly vulnerable. I'd rather not use a skill that does not guarantee its success even though I've met every single requirement. It's just as good as betting your chances. Also, it does not make sense that EB cannot blind an ememy behind a cover, while the blinding light is emitted through the tip of blade, which is obviously way higher than the cover itself. Plus, regarding how the void towers have gold and white materials built out of it, the light should be reflecting all over the place. No offense, but do you even physics, DE?