The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What's your opinion on the new frame's look?

CasualDragon6

11 hours ago, (PS4)Zashukitsune said:

The more I look at this thread, the more alone I feel in actually loving everything about this frame.  I will admit the feet are a bit odd, but they're exactly like Kubrows so I'm wondering if there could be a surprise connection there.

Keep in mind that we are getting Kavats with update 18.5, and this mummy frame...
Egyptians had a lot of cats, and were even buried with them...

Coincidence? I think NOT!

3 hours ago, HatchetHaro said:

Hopefully DE doesn't pull a Chroma, though. We all knew how that one went, when a badass dragon player concept was turned into an infested mass of Twizzlers.

I know I may be in the minority here, but I actually enjoy Chroma's design. I thought it was rather "Meh" at first, but it did end up growing on me. But I still think his tail looks off.

2 hours ago, FoxnEagle said:

Keep in mind that we are getting Kavats with update 18.5, and this mummy frame...
Egyptians had a lot of cats, and were even buried with them...

Coincidence? I think NOT!

I'm sorry to say, but Kavats will be in U19, not 18.5. In the latest Devstream, AFTER showcasing Kavat animations, they said the rest of the stream would be about 18.5 (Keyword: "rest") , which likely means that Kavats are not 18.5 content. I also recall it being directly called U19 content before, just can't remember where.

Holy S#&$,you people are disgusting,yall should be happy we get unique stuff like this,not boring,generic, dull designs

He looks Egyptian,undead,a MUMMY,not a cute one,a badass one,his toes look like bones,and besides...

After the whole S#&$load of hate yall gave to DE after Chroma was announced,I doubt they´ll do any change to this frame´s design,that was enough,its their game,their designs

And its simple,if you dont like,dont use it

Also,he looks like a bionicle,who dosent like that? 

Edited by (XB1)BURRITO DEVIL

20 minutes ago, (XB1)BURRITO DEVIL said:

Holy S#&$,you people are disgusting,yall should be happy we get unique stuff like this,not boring,generic, dull designs

He looks Egyptian,undead,a MUMMY,not a cute one,a badass one,his toes look like bones,and besides...

After the whole S#&$load of hate yall gave to DE after Chroma was announced,I doubt they´ll do any change to this frame´s design,that was enough,its their game,their designs

Well this is Fashion Frame, everyone have an opinion.

Besides, most warframes, if not all, have a love/hate relationship with the players.

They all grew on me. Except Limbo and Hydroid. But some love them and that's fine.

Just now, (XB1)BURRITO DEVIL said:

We've gotten plenty of non-generic designs in the past that look great! However, the majority agrees that this design looks like s hit, generic or not. Also, don't pull that "don't like it, don't [blank] it" bullS#&$. It's our job as a community to give feedback by voicing our opinions and concerns so that DE can continue to improve upon the game, that's why I started this whole damn thread in the first place. By saying "It's simple, if you don't like it, don't use it" you are telling us to NOT give feedback and stick with content we're angry or unpleased with. As opposed to content we're happy with and enjoy, content we can have if we continue to voice our concerns and opinions. It's fine if you like it and all as, again, I created this thread so we can voice our opinions, whether they're positive or negative. But don't you dare tell us to simply not use it if we don't like it instead of exclaiming our disapproval of his design. Because as a community, once more, it is our job to exclaim our negative opinions on subjects like these. It's not because we have a complete lack of respect for DE and what they do, it's because we want them to continue making quality content and not fall off and start wasting time on low quality or half-assed content.

Just now, arch111 said:

Well this is Fashion Frame, everyone have an opinion.

Besides, most warframes, if not all, have a love/hate relationship with the players.

They all grew on me. Except Limbo and Hydroid. But some love them and that's fine.

Of course they can,but DE wont change it,its their design, its DE´s opinion on how the frame looks

All frames grew on me besides Mag,too bland for me tbh

Just now, ChickenLover42 said:

. It's our job as a community to give feedback by voicing our opinions and concerns so that DE can continue to improve upon the game, that's why I started this whole damn thread in the first place. By saying "It's simple, if you don't like it, don't use it" you are telling us to NOT give feedback and stick with content we're angry or unpleased with. As opposed to content we're happy with and enjoy, content we can have if we continue to voice our concerns and opinions. It's fine if you like it and all as, again, I created this thread so we can voice our opinions, whether they're positive or negative. But don't you dare tell us to simply not use it if we don't like it instead of exclaiming our disapproval of his design. Because as a community, once more, it is our job to exclaim our negative opinions on subjects like these. It's not because we have a complete lack of respect for DE and what they do, it's because we want them to continue making quality content and not fall off and start wasting time on low quality or half-assed content.

Except this isnt any "low quality or half-assed content",he actually looks exotic and unique,but everyone thinks "No this looks like S#&$ hur dur, they should do our design dur",yeah sorry,but this is how DE likes it to be and how it will,you can give feedback,thats fine,but done be an &#! about it,like most of this thread is doing so,besides 

This is the final form,hes already like this in game,doubt they´lll change anything 

1 hour ago, Cidolfus said:

I absolutely love Egyptian themes.......But they had to choose mummies. Out of all the awesome Egyptian imagery and lore, they pick................mummies.

Well I won't knock it until I've tried it.

Yeah. Lets all calm down a bit here. It is the mechanics that make the frame in the end.

Even if you think this look like an actionfigure, no one can deny their skills to produce high quality assets.

Remember that they are trying to be original,  that means weird. Too normal and it won't be Warframe. 

Remember, concepts =/= actual in-game models. For the amount of details it has, achieving such a thing would be... extremely difficult. 

Furthermore, the way that the concept art conceives such a 'Frame wouldn't exactly be ideal. IIRC the way Warframes are designed is to make them sleek, and to have an almost natural "flow-yness", while Grineer appear to be "bulbous" and Corpus "geometric", etc. 

19 hours ago, Z3GR4M said:

Cookie cutter >THEMES<. 

Its just meh...  Pirate theme, cowgirl theme, clown, magician, dragon, and now mummy etc...  Its all just soo too familiar in my opinion...  Themed frames have kind of...  I dunno...  Distracted from the originality that were the first frames...  

They didnt have a theme really, they just fit a purpose, and their look didnt follow any recognizable theme making them feel destinctly alien...  Which is, truth be told, what drew me to Warframe in the first place.  Lately I feel like we are loosing some of that.

None of those are accurate summaries of each of the recent frames themes.

Hydroid isn't a pirate (though people choose to pretend he is) but instead a water elemental.

Mesa is a gunslinger, which given all the melee centric frames, is refreshing.

If anything Mirage is an illusionist who minpulates her enemy's perception to give her an advantage. She isn't a clown. 

Limbo is a manipulator of temporal space, he's not running around casting hogwarts spells and chugging butterbeer.

Chroma is a dragon frame, true. However his kit feels more like he's salamander/snake hybrid with the way he sheds his pelt and has a lot of play with elements.

Just because a frame starts with a generalized theme like dragon or mummy or yin/yang or archer, doesn't mean the final product is going to be strictly that and even if they do stay close to the core concept they implement mechanics that make it very unique.

If you let generalized assumptions hamper your enjoyment of the game, then perhaps this just isn't the game for you.

Edited by (PS4)appretice
The inner grammar nazi catching all my mistakes

Oh. Again with trying to present personal opinions and subjective judgement as objective feedback that the developers have to listen to because you said so. It's one thing to complain about game mechanics, complaining about visual design is quite another.

Whatever makes you think they will listen? Best you'll end up getting is the helmets getting switched around again :d

10 hours ago, ChickenLover42 said:

However, the majority vocal minority agrees that this design looks like s hit, generic or not.

fixed

Do keep in mind that yelling very loud doesn't give your opinion any more weight.

8 hours ago, CapnFusterCluck said:

Remember, concepts =/= actual in-game models. For the amount of details it has, achieving such a thing would be... extremely difficult. 

Furthermore, the way that the concept art conceives such a 'Frame wouldn't exactly be ideal. IIRC the way Warframes are designed is to make them sleek, and to have an almost natural "flow-yness", while Grineer appear to be "bulbous" and Corpus "geometric", etc. 

What they've shown was the 3D model, work-in-progress or not.
It's fair to assume that it'll be work-in-progress until they ship the update, so feedback about "quality" of the model (I'm assuming that implies materials and detail) is moot at best.

Edited by Artarrwen

I don't like the Lower Body and Legs and looks awefully a lot like Nekros, Heck I won't be suprised if it needs Nekros Parts to build it

The Designs looks horrendous, seriously, it's too obvious that it's Egyptian unlike some other old frames that were more subtles about their theme

10 hours ago, Cidolfus said:

I absolutely love Egyptian themes.......But they had to choose mummies. Out of all the awesome Egyptian imagery and lore, they pick................mummies.

Well I won't knock it until I've tried it.

I completely agree . I'd love a frame on one of the eygptian gods or a sphinx. Anything but a mummy . But I have to admit the no shields idea does sound interesting

10 minutes ago, (PS4)Akuma_Asura_ said:

I completely agree . I'd love a frame on one of the eygptian gods or a sphinx. Anything but a mummy . But I have to admit the no shields idea does sound interesting

Who said he's not based on one already?

Someone mentioned his aesthetic design could be hinting at Osiris, the god of life, death, afterlife and resurrection (hint, hint, last devstream mentioned he has a unique "pre-death" state involving his sarcophagus)

14 hours ago, (XB1)BURRITO DEVIL said:

Holy S#&amp;&#036;,you people are disgusting,yall should be happy we get unique stuff like this,not boring,generic, dull designs

After the whole S#&amp;&#036;load of hate yall gave to DE after Chroma was announced,I doubt they´ll do any change to this frame´s design,that was enough,its their game,their designs

olol if you dont like it, dont use it, dat argument, always the same from the fanboys with bad tastes :)

18 hours ago, CapnFusterCluck said:

This is the model. If you check [DE]Steve's twitter, a few of his teasers has the frame being used in-game as well.