The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

should i sell buzzkill?

Daikon_177

Question

This feels like a no brainer but i dont want to regret my decision later. Right now buzzkill is going for 1000+ plat and thats hard to ignore. I ran emergency exit 75 times and buzzkill was the only drop i got and i wasnt around for the event that awarded these originally( played for years just missed the event)  so its my only copy so its hard to let it go, even for that kind of plat. 

What i want to know is, is buzzkill worth keeping? I mean from a dps build point of view. I know that running 4 corrosive projections and having high slash damage is a great endgame set up but ive also heard that this mod is more of a sidegrade to a 90% elemental mod. In reality i dont see my self even running in groups like that too often and if i did i probably wont be using melee much unless its a fun run or something.

Something else i have considered is that DE might make these mods more obtainable in the future so its only a matter of time til i get another one.

Im pretty sure im gonna sell it but just in case theres a really good reason i shouldnt that i dont know about i figured i should ask you guys before i made a big mistake.

21 answers to this question

Slash is one of the most prominent melee weapon damage types. It is also the most powerful damagetype on unarmored (always achievable with full party CP) or unshielded (full party SD+CDrift) enemies.

Slash damage additionally can tear enemies apart, creating two bodies that can both be desecrated.

1 hour ago, Dreadwire said:

And im sure you don't see it.

Thats precisely why i made this post. What is it that i dont see? I stated in my post that i have heard that was considered a sidegrade to 90% elemental mods but i dont get why there worth over 1000 plat. Thats crazy. I havent done any real testing but i dont notice it doing crazy high damage so what gives? What dont i see?

Just sell it. There are very few builds that benefit significantly from buzz kill taking a mod slot. Sure, there are some very good niche uses, but those uses are, well, niche. Jagged edge will do the job just fine, and in terms of raw damage output, elements have more bonuses than IPS. Getting 1000 plat is hard to regret, and I'd bet you that it will be available again in some form in six months.

Sell it.

Even if this mod was a must-have for every build in the game, I would sell it for 1000 plats. It's just so silly that people pay that much for one mod to not take advantage of it.

Some time ago I was using Tempo Royale on my most used melee weapon and I saw someone on trade willing to pay 600 plats for it. I didn't think for one second and sold it right away. Totally worth it, moreover I have another one now because Baro sold it at one point.

You most likely will be able to get it some other way in the future.

Edited by JohnViande

To be truly honest : Once yu get Blood Rush + Body Count, some builds dump IPS mods out the window in favour for scaling weapon mods like these.
And these are generally what pros run with to do high level missions.

BUT : If yu might never know if one day a very powerful Slash weapon appears and a 120% Slash Mod would be very powerful on it, but with Powercreep, it is bound to happen. 

For example, I use Buzzkill on Nikana Prime WITH Blood Rush and Body Count. This is because I run formaed my Frame to hold CP, so the Physical damage has some leverage. Does sweet Red Crits when I solo T3 Survival. Feels better than any Rainbow build I have tried before.

7 minutes ago, JohnViande said:

Sell it.

Even if this mod was a must-have for every build in the game, I would sell it for 1000 plats. It's just so silly that people pay that much for one mod to not take advantage of it.

Some time ago I was using Tempo Royale on my most used melee weapon and I saw someone on trade willing to pay 600 plats for it. I didn't think for one second and sold it right away. Totally worth it, moreover I have another one now because Baro sold it at one point.

You most likely will be able to get it some other way in the future.

Thats what my feelings are on it. I know its a good mod but the fact they were willing to pay so much made me wonder if there was more too it

2 minutes ago, YasaiTsume said:

To be truly honest : Once yu get Blood Rush + Body Count, some builds dump IPS mods out the window in favour for scaling weapon mods like these.
And these are generally what pros run with to do high level missions.

That's what i was thinking as well.

I think i will be ok with out it. Il get it again one day im sure

1 minute ago, (PS4) DA_HEFF_ said:

That's what i was thinking as well.

I think i will be ok with out it. Il get it again one day im sure

If yu feel like yu ever miss damage, just go with a Rainbow Corrosive + Radiation build.

Best Corrosive Setup is still Focus Energy + Fever Strike + Shocking Touch.

If yu do not use Lifestrike, yur able to add one more dual stat 60% damage elemental to boost the damage further. 

2 hours ago, (PS4) DA_HEFF_ said:

Thats precisely why i made this post. What is it that i dont see? I stated in my post that i have heard that was considered a sidegrade to 90% elemental mods but i dont get why there worth over 1000 plat. Thats crazy. I havent done any real testing but i dont notice it doing crazy high damage so what gives? What dont i see?

Sell it then..more plat for you.

Annnnd everyone here want you to sell it

XD...   that gotta mean something .. right?

This is why this game is awesome! 

You control your future... This game is great for everyone because so many people have different ways they intend to play.

You can either be the player that has plat and buys as many slots to get all the weapons/frames and keep them all.. or the guy low on plat and slots and ranks up a few weapons/frames, makes some new ones, and sells the old....

You can be the one that keeps every mod you get and transmute ones you don't use regularly for a chance at new ones.. or try to sell them to make plat..

You choose the way you play.. you chose the frame to run... how that frame will work for you.. how the weapons will work for you.. how the abilities work for you..

Answer: IF you don't intend to use the mod or can't find it useful for anything or don't play that way then sell and make some plat... you can never have enough plat.. OR Keep it for later.. you may find a use for it... you can always transmute it or sell it later.. There's NO wrong answer!!! 

Good Luck to you Tenno!!

Edited by (PS4) DjToxin69

If you want a great deal sell it now for what you can get, these prices won't last long. For the past 6-8 weeks buzzkill was a 400p-600p mod.

We all know the reason the price has skyrocketed. That's because really stupid impulse buyers are going full troglodyte right now when they see something fitting the following criteria.

1: NEW

2: SHINY

3: It happens to be SLASH, this is actually just coincidental. The weapon could of been anything and the respective IPS mod would have skyrocketed in tandem.

Sell it now, wait for prices to stabilize, buy it again later for less than half what you sold it for.

I'd keep it. Slash is a universal damage dealer (sort of). It hurts all flesh units (save for machines) and can replace a 2 mod elemental combo (like viral). It's especially good for infested. If you mod corrosive fire, that fire damage is wasted on ancients, but slash does the exact same bonus damage yet applies to all things ancient. It's such a great mod I would definitely keep it. Another thought is while you see the WTS for 1kp, I doubt many people are paying that much for a mod (I vould be wrong).

You did the right choice - methods of doing damage in this game are soo varid and interesting, very few mods are absolute must have and buzzkill is definitely not one of them. Sure, it's nice mod to have around but not nearly as worth as much as some ppl are willing to pay for it. 

Ultimately it depends do you need plat or not? Very few ppl don't, sell it, invest in frame/weapon slots, few formas, few potatoes, nice color pack and maybe syndana or skin you like very much for frame. Much better return of investment then "possibly good" one mod for sure. 

Buzz kill Sucks. There i Said it. The general rule with the 120% ips mods is that they are only really worth it when the weapon is 80% or more concentrated in that damage type.

There are only 4 melee weapons that you should care about that do this (Scindo Prime, Galatine, Nikana Prime, Dragon Nikana and Broken-war). Any other weapon and you shouldn't even consider it. Now when u do consider it, IT IS STILL NOT WORTH IT. Mods that u must prioritize before even considering Buzzkill are Pressure point, Beserker/fury, First elemental combo (2 mods), life strike. Now beyond those 5 mods you are left with three slots. The next order of considerations are Primed Reach, Body Count, Bloodrush, Organ Shatter, True Steel, Third elemental mod, and spoiled strike.

Now the easiest comparison to make is with the third 90% elemental mod. On the galatine buzzkill gives around 27% more Damage. On the Scindo Prime buzzkill gives around 7% more damage. On the Nikana Prime buzzkill gives around 20% more damage. On the Dragon Nikana buzzkill gives around 13% more damage. And Finally, on the Broken-war buzzkill gives 7% more damage. Now against Grineer without 4x Cp slash damage performs poorly and you'd be better off with the 90% cold mod. Against Corpus Slash also performs poorly so you'll be better off with cold, electricity or toxin. Against The infested Buzzkill will perform slight ly better than a heat mode with most significant results on the galatine. Against the corrupted slash once again performs fairly poorly without 4 cps so you'll be better of with cold damage.

All this is assuming you are considering the third elemental, but this is rarely the case anymore considering the buzzkill candidates. The combination of blood rush and body count is so powerful that they should easily make a higher priority bracket than buzzkill or a third element. That leaves your weapon with only one slot to work with. If you ever reach red crits with bloodrush then organ shatter will outclass any other mod you could put on for dps. This might be harder on weapons like the galatine or the dragon nikana, but should be no problem on the other three and therefore buzzkill should be out the window for those three. If you still care at this point about min maxing the galatine or dragon nikana then read on.

The next thing to consider is Primed Reach. Imo Primed Reach is a must have, but I know many may consider it a preference. I am an avid melee user, and I can attest to the bonuses of primed reach. 1st it extends the range of your weapon (obviously) which allows for each strike you make have more chance to hit multiple enemies, and every time you hit more than one enemy in a strike you multiply the amount of damage you have done with that swing by how many enemies you have hit.  So with this consideration any time you hit more enemies with primed reach on than you would with buzzkill instead you effectively are adding more damage then buzzkill can. This fact is then compounded when you hit two more enemies and three more enemies, etc. the 2nd bonus of buzzkill which is rarely talked about is its affect on the weapons hit box. It not only extends the range of the weapon lengthwise but also its width and depth. This is important because it decreases your chances of missing with a strike, and allows you to hit more enemies at close range when they are not in immediate vicinity to you strike. Basically Primed reach adds more accuracy to your strike and therefore gives you more practical dps.

Tl;dr Without 4 cps, Buzzkill sucks against everything but the infested. With 4 cps Buzzkill STILL SUCKS. Mod priority for melee weapons should be Pressure point>2 Elemental mods> Beserker (fury in some case but not for buzzkill candidates)> Bloodrush> Body Count> Life Strike> Organ Shatter/Primed Reach > Spoiled Strike/Third elemental mod/Buzzkill (for only a few weapons). Essentially Buzzkill is very narrow and imo has been knocked down to 10th place on the mod priority order for min maxing melee weapons.

If you don't already have a maxed primed reach go hop on your computer right now and sell that buzzkill and then buy that maxed primed reach and still make some platinum!