The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I do not like the direction this game is taking.

Flirk2

27 minutes ago, EvilChaosKnight said:

People are seriously advocating Bursas on Venus.

I don't even. That's official I've seen everything.

Also lol at farming Lex Pr. Are you for real saying that Void (T3 or 4 are required for BP and Barrel btw) is supposed to be easier than Venus?

I'm not advocating anything. I haven't played these missions extensively so I'm not in a position to say definitively one way or the other.

OP said that they felt sorry for new players progressing through the Starchart, and I merely pointed out that Bursa encounters are not necessary to complete these planets. 

As an advocate of Bursas (I think they add much needed difficulty to the game that isn't just more HP and more damage via scaling) I think them being on Venus on anything under 20 minutes/waves is a bit much. There is a reason why a lot of the tougher enemies don't show up on the lower leveled planets, and Bursas should abide by the same logic. I have no issue with them being on Jupiter though.

As to the OP, your exterminate got bugged. The alarm spawning somehow got stuck in "Alarms are on" mode even when it wasn't. It is not supposed to be that way. It's a bummer but it happens, and you shouldn't take it so hard.

3 minutes ago, carnaga said:

For me bursas aren't the problem with exterminate missions. This is the problem:
ckg9cwb.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/ckg9cwb.jpg

And I hate it. I hate to be lied to. If there is 136 enemies on the map don't put 115 enemies on my screen! If the counter says I need to kill 400 enemies I kill them, but don't lie!

You people do realise that enemies such as Corpus Techs will spawn more Ospreys when their shields are down? More MOAs will exit their broom-cupboards if alarms are set off? 

These things are part of the game and always have been. It's not a new thing for Sorties or a some kind of Bursa conspiracy bug. 

Frankly - I'd be more inclined to be sympathetic to your concerns if it wasn't so obvious that folks like you and the OP are simply not paying attention. 

Yeah, the random spawns in extermination are a bother, MOA Lockers will easily add to the numbers when an alarm is triggered, and Bursas seem to spawn whenever they want, thus increasing the total as well, rather than just counting as one of those enemies. it could all be solved by hard-locking the totals and counting how many enemies are spawned, and disabling spawns if the number would exceed the total count. You know, as it should be.

Bug or intended (tho I don't see how this could be the case), it's a dumb thing and shouldn't really happen.

I remember how Splinter Cell's Co-Op game mode would increase the numbers when you were detected, but that limited itself to one time per section, not a constant influx of more and more enemies out of nowhere. They don't have teleportation tech anywhere to warrant this.

DE should just fix exterminate to no longer spawn additional units.

As for the Bursa problem....... I never had problems with them, even in large amounts.

I really really never encountered a problem with Bursas ever.

I understand with newer players or undergeared players having problems with Bursas, but if people claiming to be endgame players have problem with Bursas, I raise an eyebrow and wonder if their definition of endgame is skewed. 

Edited by YasaiTsume

26 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

I'm not advocating anything. I haven't played these missions extensively so I'm not in a position to say definitively one way or the other.

OP said that they felt sorry for new players progressing through the Starchart, and I merely pointed out that Bursa encounters are not necessary to complete these planets. 

And you don't need the mods that drop on wave 20 to progress? K.

4 minutes ago, MumblesMcphatty said:

You people do realise that enemies such as Corpus Techs will spawn more Ospreys when their shields are down? More MOAs will exit their broom-cupboards if alarms are set off? 

These things are part of the game and always have been. It's not a new thing for Sorties or a some kind of Bursa conspiracy bug. 

Frankly - I'd be more inclined to be sympathetic to your concerns if it wasn't so obvious that folks like you and the OP are simply not paying attention. 

Thanks for pointing that out. I never noticed it in 5.1k missions I completed. That was sarcasm if you did not notice.

2 minutes ago, ScorpDK said:

it could all be solved by hard-locking the totals and counting how many enemies are spawned, and disabling spawns if the number would exceed the total count. You know, as it should be.

Like it was in crossfires on Mars. Don't know if it's still like it, but there were areas that spawned additional enemies you could kill and be done with it while there were enemies still alive. If you did not go to those rooms, you had to kill everything.

5 minutes ago, YasaiTsume said:

I understand with newer players or undergeared players having problems with Bursas, but if people claiming to be endgame players have problem with Bursas, I raise an eyebrow and wonder if their definition of endgame is skewed. 

When did I state that I'm an endgame player? For me this game had no end. Until bursas started to spawn infinitely on exterminations.

Them showing up on low level maps I could even not notice if I did not go to Io to level some stuff and faced bursa on wave 10.

And no. I did not have much problem with it. I had weapons and I know how to move a little. You'd be surprised how long it took me to have those weapons though. And I remember clearly that I did not have anything that could down a bursa when I first was going through Jupiter.

It only gets worse from here as far as broken enemies go, that has been the trend for a while now. Although I try to ignore the focus system it is ludicrous to have as many trees as we have and such absurd amounts of experience in order to level up one progression of a node on any tree. Its just obscenely tedious. The grind keeps compounding, xp gains from casual gameplay is BS and just tolerable at high level gameplay. It's led me to the conclusion that balancing just isnt DE's schtick. It was a hard pill to swallow but eventually I just told myself that I shouldnt put too much thought into it. I ignore the bad and admire the good and endeavour to stay a filthy casual. When I get bored or frustrated I spend my time in council chat.

Edited by Shreiko

22 minutes ago, MumblesMcphatty said:

Frankly you're the one not paying attention. I said nothing about ospreys and bursas being the problem. If there are 200 hidden enemies I want all of them.

Edited by carnaga

3 minutes ago, Flirk2 said:

And no. I did not have much problem with it. I had weapons and I know how to move a little. You'd be surprised how long it took me to have those weapons though. And I remember clearly that I did not have anything that could down a bursa when I first was going through Jupiter.

If the issue is about Bursas appearing in lower level missions, maybe it is because DE didn't know better, and they think something like a couple of Bursas running around in low level missions won't be too much of a problem.

Maybe they will patch it in the future so that Bursas do not spawn in low level missions.

2 hours ago, PUR3K1LL3R said:

I only have one suggestion to you: Take a break for so and so days/weeks/months and come back and you'll be able to appreciate the game more. Grind is something that this game can't run without. 

The devs did say at one point that they'll reduce the grind. I got my Saryn Prime in 3 hours (And only 2 attempts on t3 survival Rotation C), so I dunno if I was lucky.

Just want to say that, that was extremely lucky of you, although i do agree with taking a break every now and then, because the grind can get to you.. 

12 minutes ago, AM-Bunny said:

Nope, leaving at Wave 5 will allow you to access the next node on the planet.

Do you know what I have to do to get an undamaged serration? 20 min of low level grineer survival. After I googled where the hell could I get one. And it took 3 or 4 tries. Now serrations are just raining on me. But that's a little late, don't you think?

And where else would a low level player get multishot mods, for example? To, you know, be able to actually kill the mobs on the next planet...

Edit:

Can't put a quote

YasaiTsume, I could only hope.

--RV--eXotic, I was never that bothered by what people insist is a grind when it's actually a gamble. When I was bothered by it when trying to get equinox, I ran a simulation. And it told me that in 20 runs you don't always get all the parts, But on 30 you most likely do, if the distribution is uniform. So I continued, and now have 19 Eris nav segments and equinox building.

Edited by Flirk2
new replies

9 minutes ago, carnaga said:

Frankly you're the one not paying attention. I said nothing about ospreys and bursas being the problem. If there are 200 hidden enemies I want all of them.

Right - so far as you're concerned - it's a UI issue - and your actions in a mission shouldn't affect the number of enemies you have to face? K ... What's that got to do with the thread?

As for the OP - completely lost as to what he's complaining about at this point. Supposed concern for newer players ... who will actually be experiencing a game with some solid difficulty and challenging enemies that require tactics to beat as opposed to the cakewalk most of us have experienced in the past couple of years. That's a good thing in my eyes - and since it doesn't actually affect most us at the stage we've reached - not sure what the issue is at all.

Especially since he know appears to have moved on to complaining about requiring specific mods to progress - which - while a less than perfect system - is the way it's always been. You can clear the starchart out to the outer planets without using Multishot mods whatsoever. Where's the beef?

What a bizarre thread. Have folks really been taking this game so easy for so long that a Bursa is actually considered some sort of impassable challenge? 

13 minutes ago, Flirk2 said:

Do you know what I have to do to get an undamaged serration? 20 min of low level grineer survival. After I googled where the hell could I get one. And it took 3 or 4 tries. Now serrations are just raining on me. But that's a little late, don't you think?

And where else would a low level player get multishot mods, for example? To, you know, be able to actually kill the mobs on the next planet...

According to the wiki, Split Chamber drops from Leech Ospreys and Sapping Ospreys. It's also a drop from Sargas Ruk, who appears somewhat early on.

You're right, it's not easy. I had to farm them out before Trading existed, so it really sucked. I don't think that's really a valid criticism for the thread 'I don't like the direction this game is taking' though since it's been like that forever.

They tried to address this problem somewhat by giving players the damaged Serration. With that and some elemental mods, it's possible to get quite far.

OP, when I look at your post and think back about it, I recall all the times when someone else would go into the forums and say "I just started Warframe recently and I already got everything in the game" or "This game is so easy", quite the contrary I suppose to your post. It's all a matter of how you bring about your own progress in this game and if you feel the amount of expectations piling up beyond your capabilities, try a different approach, or take a break for a while. The best is having a couple of friends over while you're doing missions, you will feel less burdened and you can help each other out for those spares that you missed out on.

P.S And yes, I do feel the grind is a load of BS sometimes mainly due to how it depends on RNG luck and not the amount of effort and time given from you. I myself played for almost 3 years and I still haven't got my Despair from Stalker. (RNG lol) DE did say a long, long time ago that they wanted to reduce the grind, but as you can see for almost more than a year later some have changed while the others.... Well that's a different topic I suppose.

I agree with a lot of @Flirk2 said in their post - I, too play solo a lot and if it isn't that, then it's pub groups (for missions that I can't solo) so I can see from that perspective. Here is something I don't understand - devs had said before that they wanted to lessen the grind, only later to say that new stuff should be harder for players who play for free to get. That sounds like a direct contradiction to me, and I would prefer a solid stance on that issue.

The issue with sorties, I get their points too. Personally, I'd prefer for every single item to only be given out once per season, seeing as the season is supposed to last about 2 weeks, and there are more than 14 possible items to obtain from each season. This would ensure that when doing the sorties, the rewards are varied and because of that, you at least get something that you can actually use, rather than sit on for an extended period of time.

As far as focus, I don't particularly care for the convergence system. While it's nice and flashy, ultimately what happens is the pick up will spawn somewhere away from where I'm currently in combat, then I have to duck and dodge enemies without killing them to pick it up, then waste time (both actual and the bonus time) back tracking to those same enemies and then kill them for a tiny amount of focus points. While the devs admit the system isn't perfect, they did put a lot of work into it. I would suggest tweaking spawn areas for the pickups, raise the percentage of affinity to focus, and extend the convergence timer to 1 minute, rather than 45 seconds. This will make players (well, not all, but at least me though) feel as if they are making some progress on it, rather than bashing their heads against the wall on focus.

On OP's issue with exterminate - I mainly notice that with Infested exterminates. The few extra units don't really bother me too much, but the extra units that the Juggernaut brings with it does. I personally try to avoid fighting the Juggernaut, as there is zero benefit in doing so (especially after completing the Jordas quest). I haven't noticed extra units spawning with Corpus. With the Grineer, it's mainly the Drahk Masters spawning in Drahks, and since they tend to stick together, that at least shortens the time it takes to look for those enemies.

I also thought of the new player, and wonder what they will say after they get their feet wet and the wonders of getting their starter frame and weapons wears off. I'll have to wait and see.

OP was playing Ivara and somehow had a problem with Bursas. Ivara, who can always easily deal with them with a sleep arrow and a few quick-melee strikes in the back. Stealth multiplier wrecks everything.

For another thread I tested every unique Warframe with mediocre loadouts (no potatoes or corrupt mods etc, using an unpotatoed and unmaxed weapon) against a team of three level 30 Bursas and 14/28 of them had the means to make the fight pretty easily manageable. Most of the rest had a weaker but relevant capacity to handle them with some CC or other partially helping the effort.

If you couldn't handle a lone level 10 Bursa with a little time of paying attention and trying, I don't know what to say.

Needing Mods from rotation C rewards? I didn't have Split Chamber until I got one from the Void one day, and Barrel Diffusion evaded me even longer (jumped out of an ODD run early for it when Defenses only let you have one reward). Still got through the Star chart just fine - although a lot of changes and units have happened since then, it was still the entirety of non-void content.

It's not that hard to get through the star chart... and if you do hit a stumbling block, just opening yourself up to public matches will take care of it. That'll get you through a few planets to access some variety in warframes - and you have access to every basic resource except Control Modules once you've gotten Mercury, Venus, Earth, Mars, Jupiter and Saturn unlocked - all enemy levels 20 and under, at which point you can upgrade to a good weapon and start to walk through everything on your own again.

Edited by EDYinnit

1 hour ago, Flirk2 said:

Edit:

Can't put a quote

YasaiTsume, I could only hope.

--RV--eXotic, I was never that bothered by what people insist is a grind when it's actually a gamble. When I was bothered by it when trying to get equinox, I ran a simulation. And it told me that in 20 runs you don't always get all the parts, But on 30 you most likely do, if the distribution is uniform. So I continued, and now have 19 Eris nav segments and equinox building.

Better check Google again, my first ever Serration came from 4 extractors on Earth Lua. Are you telling me that that's too much for a new player as well? 

Honestly I think players are getting soft, games used to be a lot harder to progress in than this. You're MR 19, one higher than me. If you had trouble with the Bursa's you're doing something wrong, they started spawning on me while I solo'd the Exterminate Sortie, so I dropped Air Support and no more spawned, problem fixed. I killed 5 lvl 58 Bursa's in that mission none of them were a problem. 

Now when I was a new player, I didn't even attempt to stay till wave 20 on early planets, because I knew it was beyond me. I understood my limits and struggled through the planets that I could manage. Nobody held my hand and I didn't attempt anything beyond my gear. Leaving after 5 waves allowed me to progress and over time, I gradually built up my mods and became more powerful but it took TIME. 2 days ago I played a Sortie 3 Survival with 2 others, one had 88 hrs playing time and the other had 130. One had a Valkyr, one had an Excal and unsurprisingly, both of them fell over a lot. After getting tired of reviving them I had to make a choice about continuing to do so or kill enemies for LS. I decided on the latter, they ran out of revives and called me a S#&$ team mate. If new players are poking their nose into a place that is far beyond their gear I have zero sympathy for them, the same goes if any new player decides to wander into a Corpus mission and stay beyond their limits. I have zero sympathy because I've been there and done it, they should realise their limits as I'm tired of carrying them all the time.

My personal feeling is that new players just want to rush through the game and become powerful straight away. Not only does this destroy the experience, it defeats the purpose of the game, it's supposed to be long play. It feels the same as when newbies were joining Diablo 2 and asking to be rushed through the game in a matter of hours. What's the point? This game is about farming, working your way to the endgame and farming more till you have everything. Beyond that, what's the point in playing? You just take a break and wait for content. The new players rushing will just reach endgame, get bored and leave, so they should take their time instead.

For the record I also put myself in a newbies shoes and gimped myself to take on Bursa's with low level weapons and either the starting frames or Rhino. Still not difficult, just requires some tactics and not trying to face tank every enemy. Some guy the other day said he can't beat Bursa's because of the glowing blob attack of the Isolator nullifying his Iron Skin umm try dodging?... It makes a shrill noise when about to fire it. Maybe the high level players need to do that for you too..

Edited by Zilchy

10 minutes ago, MumblesMcphatty said:

Right - so far as you're concerned - it's a UI issue - and your actions in a mission shouldn't affect the number of enemies you have to face? K ... What's that got to do with the thread?

-snip-

To be constructive and polite you can read the OP again. As far as I understood OP loves the game but doesn't like the direction the game is going. Little by little he has narrowed the gameplay to exterminate missions and with latest updates and the exterminate missions he has been having fun with -- are becoming somewhat weird or something he doesn't like. And I agree with @Flirk2.

I love to solo. Warframe is so cool and I don't always want to rush missions. But I don't like exterminate missions at the current state because I find myself running back and forth following up the map marker in the same way as we did with the "wait that the last enemy appears" -glitch. Devs said back then that they want to make ext missions fluent and they will. And to give an example: Exterminate void missions have an extremely fluent phase.

What comes for Bursas: they don't render the missions fluent. Don't get me wrong: they forbid me from proceeding with the mission cause after they die, they stay active in your map as a red dot. It doesn't last long but it's enough to get me irradiated. And I definitely don't want to hack them (neither cancel the hack and kill them instantly due the magnetic proc -- or have they changed it?). So I just need stay put and wait them to die definitively -- that I can proceed with the mission and the map marker. I would love if DE decides to change the red map marker once bursa is downed as a blue ally marker or a white hack panel marker.

What comes with the enemy count: I'm ok if I get more enemies, but I'm not ok when the enemies spawn from their closets downstairs and I need to go kill them and travel back and forth with the elevator. And I don't like the enemy counter in the start as it seem to be random (exaggerated). If Lotus knows exactly how many enemies there are, she definitely knows the amount of enemies that are waiting in reserve.

I had a lvl 80 Juggernaut spawn today after not killing anything to "amp up the fight". Perhaps I should start complaining that they're too hard to kill and make Sorties too hard etc. Nah I'll just kill it instead in Solo, which I did(though it killed me twice, spikes thru walls).

6 hours ago, Flirk2 said:

This post will be long. You have been warned.

First of all I'll state clearly that this is not another QQ thread, nor am I under any delusion that my thoughts on this subject have weight or value.

Second, I have not spent any amount of money on the game and had a lot of fun playing it. Always felt bad trading with other people for plat to get those weapon and warframe slots. Would gladly pay for those to support the developers, but living and working in what amounts to a third world country gives me no such option.

I have absolutely no problem with the game's business model.

So why did I suddenly decide to post on the forums?

Because on the 25 of February 2016, I logged in, failed the 24.02.2016-th first part of a sortie and could not play today anymore.

22 June 2015 was the date I created my account in Warframe.

Since then I logged in nearly every day, as far as I can remember, and did not go to forums until recently or played any other game for any meaningful amount of time.

I joined because I saw a stream where Gopher played the game for the first time and thought I could have fun with this game.

Being in no hurry to get prime gear and not even knowing what it was precisely, I went through the star chart at a pace that I felt comfortable. Doing the low level missions over and over and over again just because I was sure I'd die horribly if I rush too fast. And I enjoy feeling powerful while I hate to loose.

Then I came to a point where there were too much missions I could not solo. Defense, interception. Spying gave me a headache and rescue missions I did not like. Survival was a pain also. As you can see, there was 1 game mode I enjoyed and that was extermination. And crossfire. Because that's extermination with a mixed opposition.

So I asked to join Gopher's minions clan and they were kind enough to let me in.

Getting people to play with gives you a lot in this game. So the pace I progressed sped up quite a bit.

And here I am half way between mr19 and mr20 (my profile tells me that I played this game for 1032 hours), writing a post for the forum instead of playing the game. Because as I said earlier, I logged in, went for a sortie corpus extermination on Ivara with Opticor, Lex Prime and an Orthos Prime, and by about the 50 enemy killed and some “bursa incoming” messages from Lotus noticed the total amount of enemies I needed to slaughter was not about 260 as at the start but about 280. By the time I killed 110 more or less, it was 310 total. And it kept rising. When I saw 319 I decided to abandon the mission. Making my missions abandoned score 53 against the 5102 completed and 62 failed.

So I sit in my orbiter, feeling miserable, and ask myself the same question that corpus crewmen ask when you kill them: “Why?”. What's the point of an endless extermination?

And before anyone patient enough to get to this place in the post says: “But you should have turned the alarms off, they would stop spawning.” I did. Did not help.

First of all they started spawning while all the consoles to hack were unresponsive as if the alarms were never on.

Second: Ordis refused to do the hacking citing “no security protocols to shut down”,

Third, when the alarms were finally set off, it went into a lock-down, I hacked the console twice. But the enemy counter kept increasing.

I really hate to loose. And abandon missions. But I know my limits: killing the physically enhanced bursa faster then they spawn is totally out of them.

When the focus system was introduced and a couple of weeks passed I went to the forums to see if I was the only one who thinks the gains were too low and the “shared affinity gives no focus” will get fixed soon. When the focus gains were nerfed to the ground and the convergence was introduced I started to make a point of not taking any lensed items with me on missions if I could possibly help it to not have the horrible arcady pickup spawning for me. And went to the forums every day to see what the community thinks of it and if there is hope for a change.

Not getting all the event mods hurts. But I did not go out of my way to get them.

When I saw mentions of bursa in normal corpus missions I was not liking it at all, really feeling for those who don't have the gear to deal with them yet, but was thinking that there will be some sort of a solution.

But facing the infinite spawn of bursas in the sortie extermination myself killed my mood for playing the game almost completely.

So returning to the topic, I don't like where this game is going. The things become more and more difficult to acquire. Getting event-exclusive stuff depends more and more on luck. When was the last catalyst alert that you could do within 2 weeks of playing solo? I don't remember. If bursa spawned on Jupiter when I went through it for the first time I would most likely quit the game.

And the sortie reward changes. They look so good on paper. But I have dera vandal and some spare parts left, karak wraith and some spare parts. From the fourth season I have strun wraith blueprint, a full Nezha set (never mind I already have it built and leveled, and some spare parts for it) and 3 of the 4 lenses possible. And no parts for the strun. And where would I get those if everyone who got the parts got only one of each? And I did not do a lot less sorties then before.

I don't want to put lenses on anything now because convergence happened. Getting an epic sound and flashy visual effects with a message of “0 focus points earned” because I was playing solo and did not kill with the lensed weapon is not my idea of fun. So lenses are rather useless for me at the moment.

But I guess as we have bursa spawn on the 5-th excavator on Triton, and since the changes you can't do 2 excavators at once if you solo anymore, sorties became THE place to get fusion cores.

So new players get more and more walls to climb and obstacles to overcome.

And when I looked at the void section of the star chart I thought about corrupted arctic eximus nullifiers, extrapolated those to corrupted arctic eximus bursa and quit the game in abject horror.

Sorry for the long post but I needed to get some of it out of my system.

It would come off very snobbish to say your first mistake was playing Sorties in the first place but as a guy who's been playing the game longer than you have AND doesn't mind the grind (I assembled a Velocitus after literally months of grinding "Casually"). Sorties are just ridiculous and are not worth the effort or sanity. Every time I feel like I've been too harsh on them I go back with an open mind and whether it be the broken balance of enemy scaling or just the insane amount of lag that cripples you at the wrong moment, they are never worth the time. Essentially, I put my hand on the stove to remind myself fire burns me. 

Like others have said, take a break and walk away from the game for awhile. Also: Avoid sorties unless you absolutely find it entertaining or fun to play them either alone or with friends who have a good attitude about it. As you have clearly outlined, the rewards aren't worth the invalidation. Trying to make yourself fall in love with a portion of the game that the Dev's are clearly doubling down on with no sign of tweaking in the near future will not make things better for either of us. 

About the Bursas:

I don't see their implementation as a sign of the direction this game's taking. There is much that still can be changed, and we can only hope that the Bursas spawning at large numbers is only temporary. From my experience of soloing missions, they didn't spawn all that much, although I probably killed most enemies before they could reach the alarms. On Excavation or Survival, you're probably limited to only a few frames if you're soloing or if you're just that good. I'm not all that bothered about this difficulty, although seeing the reception, they'll probably be toned down.

About Sorties:

While DE did say that they are implementing a token system, I feel as if it sounds too good to be effective. There's got to be a problem once that comes out, or if it ever comes out.

About Difficulty in General:

Newer enemies, more difficulty. Personally, I do want more difficulty, but not in the manner of +health and +damage to enemies. I feel that most of the difficulty in this game comes from the overly simplistic design. Enemy see you. Enemy shoot you. They're simplistically programmed to do their job darn well.

The difficulty-reward system should probably be revisited, especially for the enemies. For example, enemy x performs extremely powerful attack. If enemy x hits you, you'll be extremely disadvantaged. However, if you dodge enemy x, then enemy x will be temporarily stunned, allowing you to deal massive damage to a certain weakspot. This is somewhat simple design, but still a little more complicated then walking turrets that will deal x amount of damage and has y amount of health and perhaps has an aura debuff in a radius.

Bursas in this manner are somewhat in the right direction, but they're also too perfect. Their rotation speed is really fast, making it harder to flank them. That means we'll have to wait for them to perform an action that requires an animation change to quickly flank them, but there's no reliable way to a downtime either. They are just normal enemies with higher damage, more health, and an invincible front shield. There needs to be more factors do them. Specialize them to support units or specialize them to aggressive units? Give a downside and an upside to the different types? They're a little more complex but still too simple at the same time. Let's look at the worst offenders of simplicity.

Eximus that freezes you. They have more health, higher levels, and a freezing aura. You engage them the exact same way you engage other enemies, but you're a little more disadvantaged. You're completely reliant on rng to hope that you don't happen to get hit by too many bullets while doing so. Of course, you can keep a distance, so why not specialize the enemy even more. Will it be a long distance or short distance fighter? As of now, it's simply an all-rounder that's just better than other enemies.