The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rushing items with plat

BabyBomi

Question

I know it's not worth it at all, but I recently spent days in the trading chat buying the ember p parts separately (it should be cheaper that way) and it's the weekend and I'm determined to try it out before the week starts again.

So it costs 50p right now. Does the plat cost decrease when time passes like other games? If so, around how much does it decrease by in how much time and is it more worth it to rush it now or wait until it decreases?

Cheers

10 answers to this question

TBH I still feel it's more worth it to rush things instantly or not at all. The price reduction doesn't start until it's past 50% complete last I checked, and the amount it reduces the rush cost is pretty negligible considering it starts at 50%.

Once it does start though it gradually decreases.

Edited by AXCrusnik

if im gonna rush something like a warframe, ill wait the one day for the parts to build then rush the 3 day wait. saves 150pt.

i think the cost decays over time. but ive never looked to closely or cared. if im gonna rush it i do it right away and if im not gonna rush i dont look back cause the countdown is killer.

why rush your item at all...

it just increases the cost of an item, the wait times aren't super long, just chill grind something else and then in a couple days you have it... having the items RIGHT NOW isnt gonna change your life or gaming experience. 

1 minute ago, Dextral said:

why rush your item at all...

it just increases the cost of an item, the wait times aren't super long, just chill grind something else and then in a couple days you have it... having the items RIGHT NOW isnt gonna change your life or gaming experience. 

Some people have expendable amounts of plat, so the instant gratification is worth it to them.

I do it sometimes with new frames... preferrably same as Zhoyzu though. Wait the 12hr build time of Helm/Sys/Chass and then Rush the main BP. Weapons I rarely see as worth it since it's just ½-1d vs 3d build time.

9 minutes ago, AXCrusnik said:

Some people have expendable amounts of plat, so the instant gratification is worth it to them.

I do it sometimes with new frames... preferrably same as Zhoyzu though. Wait the 12hr build time of Helm/Sys/Chass and then Rush the main BP. Weapons I rarely see as worth it since it's just ½-1d vs 3d build time.

im sitting on almost 6k plat, i dont see the point in rushing an item. atleast since this isnt my job. i mean this is kinda a mobile game, play for acouple hours and let S#&$ cook :)

the thing is if you rush a frame you might as well just buy the actual thing built, at that point the price difference isnt a whole lot.

Edited by Dextral

It does decrease, but only starts reduction past 50% build completion, at which point it gradually decreases until it reaches 50% of its original rushing cost at 99% completion.
If you do want to rush an item, do it immediately when starting, waiting for it doesn't do much, and its not really worth it.

9 minutes ago, Dextral said:

the thing is if you rush a frame you might as well just buy the actual thing built, at that point the price difference isnt a whole lot.

Usually seems pretty significant to me... like 2-5 times as much, if you do the method me and Zhoyzu said... DON'T rush helmet chassis or systems, and then rush the main BP.

11 minutes ago, Dextral said:

im sitting on almost 6k plat, i dont see the point in rushing an item. atleast since this isnt my job. i mean this is kinda a mobile game, play for acouple hours and let S#&$ cook :)

Nobody said anything about a job, and not everyone plays this like a mobile game. Maybe they're just excited about the frame... maybe they have 12k plat and don't see the point in waiting.

I used to never rush anything... Now that I've done nearly everything there is to do in the game, if I'm interested/hyped enough about a frame I'll rush it. Different strokes for different folks