Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What if Ballas is alive?

321agemo

• 3 weeks later...

Pallas COULD be alive, but I think it very unlikely. He seemed to be right up there in the Orokin hierarchy, meaning he should of been present on the ceremony on "Terminus", during which the Tenno were being hailed and sugared up as heroes. If he was present in that event, he's pretty dead if Stalker's codex entry is to be believed. The wording pretty much made it sound like a full on planetary genocide. If he wasn't present for whatever reason, then he could of been hiding out in a Void tower or something. Or even on the Moon. Either locked away or jumped through one of the Void portals we see in the Spy missions. That's some time travel shenanigans.

• 4 weeks later...

Well with the mysterious face That pops up in the moon tile, and how vauban prime trailer he says;

“These industrialists gorged on the harvest of our long war.”

whenever we talk about long war it is generally about the sentients. And the way it was spoken might suggest that this was done after the war.

On February 29, 2016 at 9:33 PM, stratavar said:

Well if my theory is correct, and don't take this very seriously on account of it's kinda pointlessly crazy to begin with, then he could definitely side with lotus if he is reintroduced to the storyline.  Besides - look at what we see now of the void.  The new void spy missions show that the void is certainly something which is not entirely logical, allowing for just about anything to happen.  *cough cough* time-space warping *cough cough*.

Skipping the nitty-gritty of my theory, Lotus might have a portion of Margulis's conscience inside of her, since she traveled through the void with the intention of manipulating the Tenno.  The Tenno afflicted Margulis with their void powers, but she lived, forever linking her with the void.  Margulis after dying enters the void in a limbo-like state.  Natah is noticed by Margulis while traveling to our system from Tao, but Margulis doesn't want her "children" to die.  With whatever amount of energy she has, she plants a seed in Natah's head to protect the Tenno from her schemes.

Pretty crazy sounding, so I don't put any chips on it.  But it would definitely be interesting.

At the same time, as a few have pointed out, Ballas does not regard the Tenno as "people", and even resents them.  He blames them for Margulis's death.  But the reality is that the threat posed by the Sentients, Infested, and Grineer is fairly real.  If he intends to survive (if he's still alive at all), then those threats need to be extinguished.  His best bet?  What he already knows and built with his own hands.  He's a crafty individual though, and he most definitely doesn't seem to be a person that would just "help" the Tenno.  If he plays a role and helps the Tenno in the future to eliminate these threats, I would suspect him to betray us along the way somehow.  Possibly something like provide frames with great boosts of power to combat our enemies, but when the time comes, those frames backfire and permanently sever our somatic link, leaving us vulnerable.

Typing that made me slightly concerned for the first time about what Umbra frames really are.........................................

Hmmmm....you better not of went to Voidglitch.

On ‎2‎/‎29‎/‎2016 at 8:55 PM, Venom-Snake said:

Pretty damn sure he was one of the firsts we killed.

I think I remember a race, full of Bullets Jumps and Dashes, Charges, Tail Winds, Teleports, Switch Teleports between all Tenno to get to the area he was to get the satisfaction of ending his live.

bullet jumps is pretty new if the parkour 2.0 wants to follow lore we definitely didn't have it during the old war

On April 26, 2016 at 11:13 AM, An_Atheist said:

What if Ballas is Stalker's operator?

Ballas is probably alive and kicking in one way or another. For all we know, he had an assistant nicknamed "Bald Lad" who he had take his place in the ceremony while we was off in mourning far away from any Tenno. Tenno go genocidal, Ballas gets wind of it and then takes an "early retirement" by going off grid only to surface when he hears about somebody hunting down Tenno. Ballas offers his aid to Stalker and his main goal is to wipe us out along with the Sentient that caused the rebellion.

If he does end up being a boss, I hope we get a choice that forces us in a situation where we either have to take him down (and Natah dies), or let him go (and Natah lives). I don't have any animosity towards the guy....but if killing him kills a Sentient, then he will be given a quick death for his marytrdom.

• 2 months later...

I like the idea of him becoming the rising villain in a possible sequel, if they'll be one that is. Just as Hunhow had this great buildup to when he came along, so should Ballas if he returns.

As a plot idea, perhaps it could follow something along the way Halo 4 went with the Prometheans, as in your warframe finds this all-powerful being in a tomb, and upon activating it, it awakens. It mops the floor with you, and then it severs your connection to the warframe you were using, thus leaving you with a WTF reaction. You could then follow up with what happened, only to return to the tomb and find your warframe gone and the being too. It's then left ambiguous as to who it is you just awakened, for awhile, only to continue later on.

As the story progresses, you learn more about the actual creating of the warframes, the training of the Tenno, and even more into the Lotus as she rose in her relationship with them. As the story unfolds, you learn more about Ballas too, as it becomes evident that he was perhaps not only one of the leaders of the Orokins, but perhaps their most intelligent figure too. You could also learn of how the Ballas may or may not have interacted with Lotus and the Tenno, becoming not so much a father figure but a proud creator, seeing them as his greatest success. 

Then it leads into Ballas surviving the Betrayal of the Tenno, perhaps by becoming a new breed of Orokin, that is a Orokins with the powers of the Tenno and the Sentients. Could lead into a great game finally, maybe requiring you to assemble a massive team to confront him in a raid, with cutscenes thrown in too for story telling the first time around. It could end with him battling the Lotus, only for them both to be sucked into the Void, ending the game in a climactic conclusion.

Could be pretty cool.