Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

6 shots?

Eidolon_Slayer

Extra features I had in mind about reloading to mention: 

-Reloading takes player input. Pressing R once will only load one bullet. (that's only if it comes down to reloading one by one)

For my previous thread, I wanted to know what kind of reloading system you guys would prefer on a revolver.

Out of 36 votes:

22 for reloading all at once

14 reloading individually

For my upcoming concept, the revolver I'm making is designed to have 6 shots and meant to be a challenge type weapon, but with features well within estimated capabilities of the Revolution Engine that runs Warframe. This thread is about whether or not you want the shot capacity to be static (unchangeable) or dynamic (can be changed i.e. mods). 

Before you vote read about the choices and buffs below:

Static - slightly increased damage & buffs to compensate for low shot capacity

Dynamic - Average stats

Poll:

Spoiler

Edited by RevivedEdgeLord

3 hours ago, shadowfire380 said:

I think we need more information.

How many bullets in a clip?

Can we interrupt reload to keep current amount reloaded?

How fast does it reload?

And i'm sorry in advance if this makes me sound like one of "those guys" but why only on revolvers?

Reload can be interrupted if it's done one by one.

It reloads reasonably fast, 4 bullets in 1.5 seconds.

There aren't enough revolvers in the game.

Just now, Obviousclone said:

You can change the magazine size in the Penta, why not this revolver. Think of it as switching out the barrel for a barrel that holds more boolet

A revolver cylinder works differently compared to rectangular grenades stacking on-top of each other. But this is a game. which is why I ask for your opinion on whether you want more than 6 shots.

if Magazine Size wouldn't modulate the 'Magazine' - it would still need to do something.

i'd go for a Sequentially Reloaded Revolver, as long as it's in the upper echelons for Caliber. high Kick, fairly low Rate of Fire, very high Accuracy, and very substantial Damage.
bonus points if shots have like, a 50% innate Impact Status Chance.

7 minutes ago, taiiat said:

if Magazine Size wouldn't modulate the 'Magazine' - it would still need to do something.

It won't have to do anything if it doesn't show up on the mod list. This is only if the weapon has a static shot capacity.

i'd go for a Sequentially Reloaded Revolver, as long as it's in the upper echelons for Caliber. high Kick, fairly low Rate of Fire, very high Accuracy, and very substantial Damage.

I kinda want it to hit recoil harder than the Lex (normal, singular), and hit at least 1.5x harder than the Lex prime. Rate of fire being as fast as you may click (gl on the recoil).

bonus points if shots have like, a 50% innate Impact Status Chance.

I've seen some interesting stuff in the game. Was thinking of innate 3 meter piercing, armor ignore %, or even being able to intercept projectiles (i.e. blow up an incoming missile). Can't be two or three of those choices though, just one. There will be more choices than those three I listed.

8 minutes ago, RevivedEdgeLord said:

It won't have to do anything if it doesn't show up on the mod list.

would prefer equippable over not if possible.

9 minutes ago, RevivedEdgeLord said:

and hit at least 1.5x harder than the Lex prime.

>.>
so, Overpowered.
because this sort of Weapon may possibly be able to justify dealing the sort of Damage Lex Prime deals, and Lex Prime becoming balanced once again at some point.

11 minutes ago, RevivedEdgeLord said:

Was thinking of innate 3 meter piercing, or even being able to intercept projectiles (i.e. blow up an incoming missile). Can't be two or three of those choices though, just one. There will be more choices than those three I listed.

Armor Ignore is a hell no, we have too much Armor Ignore as it is.
but Punch-Through is certainly why not.
i know where you got silly option 3 but don't hold your breath, pretty complicated to implement, and shooting said Missiles is very much good luck.

1 minute ago, taiiat said:

i know where you got silly option 3 but don't hold your breath, pretty complicated to implement, and shooting said Missiles is very much good luck.

The ability to destroy rockets already exists in the game.

Ignis is a thing.

But I imagine it would be significantly harder to do it with a revolver.

It's not complicated to implement. Missiles detonate upon hitting an object. You could theoretically make the gun shoot a projectile that moves at 9999 feet per sec.

Can I just point out that pressing the button for each individual round is an awful idea?

Noted.

5 minutes ago, RevivedEdgeLord said:

It's not complicated to implement. Missiles detonate upon hitting an object. You could theoretically make the gun shoot a projectile that moves at 9999 feet per sec.

Noted.

Just throw an "in my opinion" at the end of my last comment

4 minutes ago, Kaiczar said:

The ability to destroy rockets already exists in the game.

only with AoE Weapons.

2 minutes ago, RevivedEdgeLord said:

Missiles detonate upon hitting an object. You could theoretically make the gun shoot a projectile that moves at 9999 feet per sec.

accurate physics tracking doesn't happen at those insane speeds.
if Ray Trace, you'd have to restructure the game to make that silly feature (for this type of Weapon) work, and if Projectile, almost everyone would complain it's too hard to use.

Just now, AdunSaveMe said:

Just throw an "in my opinion" at the end of my last comment

i don't think it's an opinion - i assume you're talking about if you had to press the Reload button to load each round, which would indeed be awful. just load them all, if you try to fire, cancel Reload.

17 minutes ago, taiiat said:

accurate physics tracking doesn't happen at those insane speeds.
if Ray Trace, you'd have to restructure the game to make that silly feature (for this type of Weapon) work, and if Projectile, almost everyone would complain it's too hard to use.

i don't think it's an opinion - i assume you're talking about if you had to press the Reload button to load each round, which would indeed be awful. just load them all, if you try to fire, cancel Reload.

It doesn't have to be at that speed (it was just an example). It only has to be fast enough. People complain that projectiles are hard to use because of travel time and gravity, both of which may be neutralized by projectile speed.

Reason why I thought about reloading each round by press R was to create player input (since people always seem to want more somehow).

FYI: I've blown up missiles by throwing snowballs.

I think a cool addition to Warframe would be to just steal wholesale from Gears of War. The Active reload mechanic would be a good replacement for the pretty much useless increase reload speed mods, and add some more meta-gameplay. Have a little QTE where if you hit reload again, thus reload faster and maybe have a small buff like a percent or 2 extra damage, or a slightly higher crit/status proc chance.