The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please DE, don't attempt Syndicate Melee with too high MR lock....

PrVonTuckIII

6 minutes ago, giantconch said:

2. MR is not hard to get. Without touching Draco to powerlevel, its possible to get MR 12 in only a few months, and MR 16-18 in only a few more months. STOP LEVELLING ON MERCURY. Get the junk weapons you know you wont like out of the way, sell them as soon as they are levelled so they don't take up weapon slots.

Was that sarcasm? PLEASE TELL ME THAT WAS SARCASM!

Edited by CaterHowlett16

Just now, CaterHowlett16 said:

I did not spend months to get to MR 12. You should know that you have instaready weapons in the market (that cost creds, instead of plat), you can chain one pretty neat mega secondary farming (akbolto).  I really do not see why people cry so much over leveling, IT IS NOT THAT HARD DAMN IT.

1 minute ago, phoenix1992 said:

I did not spend months to get to MR 12. You should know that you have instaready weapons in the market (that cost creds, instead of plat), you can chain one pretty neat mega secondary farming (akbolto).  I really do not see why people cry so much over leveling, IT IS NOT THAT HARD DAMN IT.

Your right, come back to me when you run out of  "instaready" weapons.  

3 minutes ago, CaterHowlett16 said:

I am out of them. Only things left are the prisma tetra and i think sancti castanas, but I am not in rush for either.

Also you should consider crafting the AW weps, since they do not consume inventory slots. Companions also provide an massive boost for affinity (not gonna comment on how useful they are, since this is personal preference to type)

Edited by phoenix1992

1 minute ago, CaterHowlett16 said:

Its really not that hard i quit for a year joined back as MR16, hit MR20 in 1 and a half weeks, and i was maxed when i quit so only had new stuff which was made in the past year.

Getting to a high MR in this game honestly takes no time at all, if you stay away from void farm resources / bosses on the star map and all market/clan tech weapons you will hit like MR15-16 in a matters of weeks. its only when it starts with 100k MR points for a upgrade it takes for ever

2 hours ago, Reifnir said:

This.

And make them top-tier, too, so that we would have a definitive answer (other than "bring Ash/Valk/Atlas") to Melee-only sorties. 

500 base damage Vaykor Jat Kittag, or Rakta Heat Sword with 120+ base damage and 25% crit, anyone?

we don't need more boring power creep melee weapons

2 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

It's just boring as hell, and in the time I would spend farming useless weapons (as in guns I don't like, not necessary even guns that are weak) for MR I could have forma'd the gun I really like 5 times instead.

I like trying out new weapons from time to time, but I just don't see the reason to level up 5 different dual pistols, 6 different dual auto-pistols, 7 different bows etc, especially if I don't like how those weapon types handle in the first place.

The main problem with mastery ranks, is it forces you to level up guns you don't like, just to get that gun you might be interested in. Sure there should be some limits, and new players shouldn't be able to get top guns right away, but asking to lock weapons like at 16+MR is just ridiculous. MR12 should be as high as we get, because beyond that it's just a pointless grind.

9 minutes ago, CaterHowlett16 said:

Not at all. If I told you how long I've been playing and what my MR was now you'd probably have a mess to clean out of your pants. I was actually trying to be generous on the amount of time required since understandably not everyone has the same free time as another person might.

Seriously, level up on Saturn in a group that will stick together for affinity sharing. Alternatively try hush-ranking on Pluto with a stealth frame and get the vaults undetected. You can also try running a T2 or T3 defense, just bring at least 1 good weapon and try to kill things so you arent just leeching for experience.

Just now, (PS4)Gaelic-_-Flame said:

It's just boring as hell, and in the time I would spend farming useless weapons (as in guns I don't like, not necessary even guns that are weak) for MR I could have forma'd the gun I really like 5 times instead.

I like trying out new weapons from time to time, but I just don't see the reason to level up 5 different dual pistols, 6 different dual auto-pistols, 7 different bows etc, especially if I don't like how those weapon types handle in the first place.

The main problem with mastery ranks, is it forces you to level up guns you don't like, just to get that gun you might be interested in. Sure there should be some limits, and new players shouldn't be able to get top guns right away, but asking to lock weapons like at 16+MR is just ridiculous. MR12 should be as high as we get, because beyond that it's just a pointless grind.

You see that was the deal with the pistols - they are arguably the least used weapon, and many players can bring them without dropping the riffle/shotgun/melee. But then again, I proposed this, as this was what I did while in MR 8 to get an cheap rank up.

Just now, Weidro said:

syndicate secondary is mr 6

syndicate primary is mr 12

so id say syndicate meele should be mr 18

considering the ammount of items in the game mr 18 is pretty low mr lock

MR 18 may seem shocking, but think about it. What am I going to do with my time in this game? Run the same missions with the same items over and over? I personally won't do that, and getting MRs isn't that hard if you actually play the game, instead of repeating the same things over and over. 

Come to think of it, I hope DE only add more mastery rank locks to weapons and portions of content (i.e. Sorties and Trials) as they are supposed to be end game content, granted the MR requirement shouldn't be ridiculously high.

Edited by (PS4)TheRainbowTurt1e

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Weapons_Mastery_Rank 

Here you go, for more information, and so you can see where is my issue, with this moaning.
Please tell me how hard it is on new players to acquire guns and swords.  There are only 10 Weapons that are gated beyond MR 8, out of.... you know 250+.  The only high rank requirement melees are War, Destreza, Mios and Dragon Nikana. Sorry for not being sympathetic to the overall crusade to help new players.

12 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Can you please back up this statement? 

we have broken-war taking a dump on the dakra prime and pretty much every other sword. the jat kittag is already a very powerful melee weapon that a lot of people use and a 500 damage version with the justice effect would just put every other heavy weapon in the toilet, and a 125 damage heatsword would just be broken-war all over again. syndicate weapons should be for buffing the lesser used and underpowered weapons (cernos, ballistica, etc).

Edited by VinDanger

I could see also being MR 12 or MR 14 but honestly MR 16 isn't that bad either

When I started out I shot straight up to 8 and hit a ceiling because I had gotten the Dragon Nikana and didn't care anymore

I stopped playing for a few months and came back, hung out at MR 8 for a while longer, crawled my way up to 10, got an affinity booster and decided "I should rank up" and literally skyrocketed from 10 to 16 in a month and that was a month of lazily picking up new weapons every so often and maxing them out

The grind for Mastery Rank isn't really a grind if you're just having fun trying out new stuff

Edited by (PS4)blue23454

5 minutes ago, VinDanger said:

we have broken-war S#&$ting on the dakra prime and pretty much every other sword. the jat kittag is already a very powerful melee weapon that a lot of people use and a 500 damage version with the justice effect would just put every other heavy weapon in the toilet, and a 125 damage heatsword would just be broken-war all over again. syndicate weapons should be for buffing the lesser used and underpowered weapons (cernos, ballistica, etc).

Oh you meant toothpicks. Sorry, the only reason I use the ones you listed is PvP, in PvE there are just better options. And please compare the "MEGA" damage of broken war, next to you know... 80% of the primaries, even while channeling.

PS: Even Better, compare it to War. With the proper stance and polish. Like the only way you should compare any weapon.

Edited by phoenix1992
THIS IS WAR

1 minute ago, Cazzzz said:

MR 18 may seem shocking, but think about it. What am I going to do with my time in this game? Run the same missions with the same items over and over? I personally won't do that, and getting MRs isn't that hard if you actually play the game, instead of repeating the same things over and over. 

right now u can get 1,175,796 mr points in warframe

for rank 18 u need only 810,00 thats slightly more than half the items in game

although currently u need only 360,00 mr points to be able to access everything do u guys rly think its cool to have no goals after only a third of the content ?

srsly everyone with less than 1,000,000 mr points is a low rank player and the syndicate weapons are not meant for new players that are completly fresh in the warframe community

3 hours ago, Senketsu_ said:

i mean im mr20 so its not that hard, just play smart and always try to gt new weapons

Best you didn't realize when you hit all those ranks due to not caring so you do not realize how long it took :)

It all seemed so fast...Due to not paying attention like I did.

1 hour ago, Weidro said:

syndicate secondary is mr 6

syndicate primary is mr 12

so id say syndicate meele should be mr 18

considering the ammount of items in the game mr 18 is pretty low mr lock

That requires certain nodes to achieve in a short time(To make it feel short) that requires doing the same thing over and over which makes it feel long and high.

1 hour ago, Cazzzz said:

You get it faster by repeating interception over and over. Your statement is useless.

52 minutes ago, Weidro said:

right now u can get 1,175,796 mr points in warframe

for rank 18 u need only 810,00 thats slightly more than half the items in game

although currently u need only 360,00 mr points to be able to access everything do u guys rly think its cool to have no goals after only a third of the content ?

srsly everyone with less than 1,000,000 mr points is a low rank player and the syndicate weapons are not meant for new players that are completly fresh in the warframe community

Only to you, bub.

Seems like you like waving your fancy looking syndicate weapons in front of others making them jealous and want to feel elite being the only 3 ranks that can do that.

Be part of that small cool kids club.

7 minutes ago, Sorise said:

That requires certain nodes to achieve in a short time(To make it feel short) that requires doing the same thing over and over which makes it feel long and high.

You get it faster by repeating interception over and over. Your statement is useless.

Only to you, bub.

Seems like you like waving your fancy looking syndicate weapons in front of others making them jealous and want to feel elite being the only 3 ranks that can do that.

In every game don't people do that with their legendary gear? The gear that they spent way too much time to get.

Edited by TriggerHappyWhiteGuy
typo

4 minutes ago, Sorise said:

-snip-

EatZ3Fx.jpg

i said lock it behind something thats super easy to achieve as u just quoted i said 18 and not 24

stay calm and start playing