The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Please DE, don't attempt Syndicate Melee with too high MR lock....

PrVonTuckIII

21 minutes ago, Weidro said:

srsly everyone with less than 1,000,000 mr points is a low rank player and the syndicate weapons are not meant for new players that are completly fresh in the warframe community

Wow, are you seriously saying that anyone who didn't grind 90% of equipment in the game is a low rank player? So by your logic a player who played 1-2 months sitting on Draco all day long grinding all the weapons is more experienced player than the one who played for like 1,5-2 years using gear he actually enjoys using?

MR12 is still a lot of gear. It's like half of all the frames, 50-60 weapons and a bunch of companions. It's a lot of gear, and I don't see how you would actually be using more than that, especially if you Forma many of them like 3-5 times.

MR lockdown -> new players will be discourege with everything cool being kept behind boring grind walls and just leave

EPIC syndicate weapons - so all other weapons will be inferior and there be even less reason to bring variety of weapons, lack of variety = boring

Why so many "special" players want to sabotage the game?

Just now, (PS4)Gaelic-_-Flame said:

Wow, are you seriously saying that anyone who didn't grind 90% of equipment in the game is a low rank player? So by your logic a player who played 1-2 months sitting on Draco all day long grinding all the weapons is more experienced player than the one who played for like 1,5-2 years using gear he actually enjoys using?

MR12 is still a lot of gear. It's like half of all the frames, 50-60 weapons and a bunch of companions. It's a lot of gear, and I don't see how you would actually be using more than that, especially if you Forma many of them like 3-5 times.

if u need to grind through 90% of the gear to realize that draco is boring and makes u a slower and worse player than ppl who actualy play then noone can help u anymore

and are u rly trying to tell me that playing the same mission over and over again is bad but refusing to try out other gear so might find somethign that u enjoy more than ur old gear is better ? try everything to find out if ur gear is still the one u like most and u will get mr without noticing

Although it may be painful to say (due to the crappiness that is MR right now), melee weapons should be placed under MR lock. MR should be reworked entirely and be made both fun and dynamic to keep players in the game . As for the MR lock, I Believe they should move melee to 6, make Secondary 8 and Primaries 10 for syndicate rewards. It at least can keep the player focused on leveling their gear to get some of the best weapons in the game.  

Edited by SpockBlock

11 minutes ago, Sorise said:

Still doesn't seem legendary. Nothing special about them. They do get an aoe, but nothing more.

Please.  If you spended half of the time you did spend in forums, honing your skills, or handling the Syndicate primaries, you would not be in the begging position.

4 hours ago, Fukushu said:

Maybe they like the way Cernos looks but don't want to use the normal Cernos since it kind of sucks compared to other bows?

On topic though, if DE were to lock the Syndicate melees behind a MR, they'd better actually be worth the rank. The Syndicate primaries are good, yes, though I wouldn't say they're good enough for a MR 12 restriction.

Idk man i havent gotten to mr 12 yet but those weapons look legit too bad my gammacore is pretty garbo tier now

Just now, SpockBlock said:

Although it may be painful to say (due to the crappiness that is MR right now), melee weapons should be placed under MR lock. MR should be reworked entirely and be made both fun and dynamic to keep players in the game . As for the MR lock, I Believe they should move melee to 8, make Secondary 10 and Primaries 12 for syndicate rewards. It at least can keep the player focused on leveling their gear to get some of the best weapons in the game.  

that guy understands the idea

the problem isnt the mr lock instead the problem is that most ppl think the only way to get mr is draco and that is infact boring

Just now, phoenix1992 said:

Please.  If you spended half of the time you did spend in forums, honing your skills, or handling the Syndicate primaries, you would not be in the begging position.

or if he spended half of the time he spend in the forums to actualy play he would be mr 20 or 21 and there where no need to complain

46 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

My rank is 16. No issues here. I have everything.

Haven't been posting often

Edited by Sorise

6 minutes ago, Sorise said:

My rank is 16. No issues here. I have everything.

Rank 16 and you think syndicate guns are not "legendary"? Good job.

PS: My buids suck. I am the first one to point it out, but : 
uaYnxNN.jpg

What draco? What tonkor? What shenanigans you think, players use to level up frames and gear? You assume, all players run draco. I would prefer ruining solo survivals each day, because of the drops and the challenge. And i am not alone in this mind set.

Edited by phoenix1992

43 minutes ago, Weidro said:

that guy understands the idea

the problem isnt the mr lock instead the problem is that most ppl think the only way to get mr is draco and that is infact boring

or if he spended half of the time he spend in the forums to actualy play he would be mr 20 or 21 and there where no need to complain

Actually not one of the folks here that an issue, however you guys seem to think little of those that do

41 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

Well, they don't activate a satellite that shoots a beam to scratch my &#! from outer space :)

I doubt these things will be locked any higher than the secondaries are. One thing to keep in mind is that people sell Syndicate weapons for Platinum. The more players are locked out of said transactions, the fewer sales for them can be made in Trading, and...well, that Platinum all comes from the same source in the end.

4 hours ago, FunkadelicMayhem said:

HUH NO!!

DE please lock some stuff behind an MR wall!! Especially the people who have a bunch of prime stuff and still have not unlocked the solar map yet and as a result ask for a taxi everywhere and come into higher end missions with good gear and still dont know how to play the game.

This... Is just ignorant.

I understand not wanting the inexperienced to have good gear, but really, MR-locks won't put an end to that. All you really have to do is have the plat to rush stuff. Build a weapon, rush it, draco it, sell it, build another, rush it, draco it, sell it, etc. Or you can just build a whole bunch of slots, then craft a ton of weapons at the same time without rushing any of them, then draco all of them. Either way, it's very easy to just rank up MR very quickly if you know how. All MR walls do is provide an arbitrary limitation for no real reason at this point. Until MR actually means something, it's not actually serving as a filter for "keeping inexperienced people from having good weapons".

1 minute ago, Valsako said:

This... Is just ignorant.

I understand not wanting the inexperienced to have good gear, but really, MR-locks won't put an end to that. All you really have to do is have the plat to rush stuff. Build a weapon, rush it, draco it, sell it, build another, rush it, draco it, sell it, etc. Or you can just build a whole bunch of slots, then craft a ton of weapons at the same time without rushing any of them, then draco all of them. Either way, it's very easy to just rank up MR very quickly if you know how. All MR walls do is provide an arbitrary limitation for no real reason at this point. Until MR actually means something, it's not actually serving as a filter for "keeping inexperienced people from having good weapons".

this sounds like we need both a mr lock AND a playtime lock

3 hours ago, Orbixal said:

Personally i think more weapons and frames should be behind a mastery wall. It encourages progression.

It's also a source of frustation in case you like a weapon and you can't just get it. There should be a rank where, past that, there's no more pressure for new items. The thing here is give MR rewards and make them worthwile, beyond the Inventory Slots.

1 minute ago, Weidro said:

That sounds like a terrible idea to me. Primes should get MR perhaps, but without going too far. I don't think being able to have all Prime Warframes at MR10 is a bad idea, you should know enough of the game.

Edited by NightmareT12

I realize nothing legendary about them compared to some of the other weapons we have at lower ranks. But if they did go and make Syndicate melee MR 20-21 with amazing stats(Compare Other Games legendary stat % increases) then you look at the EXP/Time Grind on both then it would be reasonable to have that high of a MR.

52 minutes ago, phoenix1992 said:

PS: My buids suck. I am the first one to point it out, but : 
uaYnxNN.jpg

What draco? What tonkor? What shenanigans you think, players use to level up frames and gear? You assume, all players run draco. I would prefer ruining solo survivals each day, because of the drops and the challenge. And i am not alone in this mind set.

You talking to the right person? Didn't say anything about where players go or mention Draco.

However, I did say they don't stare at the rank xp bar so it may seem fast since they don't pay attention. They just play and it happens. Feels like it's fast, though it may not be fast.

Edited by Sorise

5 minutes ago, Weidro said:

Playtime lock? That'd be the dumbest thing in the world. "You must play X amount of hours before you can have this weapon"? That'd look so unprofessional and so awkward in any game. Not to mention that doesn't even really count as experience. All it'd encourage is people AFK'ing in-game to rack up hours.

No, what we need is a change to the MR system so it's an actual indication for a player's experience rather than a player's willingness to grind everything in the game for a system that does nothing for them. I'm MR15, I could definitely be higher up, but... Why bother? Why grind a bunch of weapons I don't even want to use just so I can gain higher MR and get nothing for it unless DE locks more gear behind a higher number? I've been around since 2013, and I have the Lato Vandal to prove it. Yet I see people who joined two months ago and are already MR20.

We don't need higher MR locks, we don't need playtime locks, what we need is a full rework to how MR is obtained, THEN an actual reason to reach the higher levels.

Edited by Valsako