Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Sands of Inaros = Prince of Persia?

-GaMeR-

Sounds like a great deal of influence from Ubisoft's Prince of Persia games. Come on... Sands of Inaros? Also time(line) manipulation? Prince of persia v2.0 :)

I love both games, but still this seems like a tiny bit of "idea" ripoff to me. Not to bash the devs, don't get me wrong just wanted to point the similarity between these games. I'm a huge fan of Prince of Persia franchise and can't wait for the Warframe Sands of Inaros update release.

Here are some of the similarities:

WF Sands of Inaros = PoP Sands of time

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_of_Persia:_The_Sands_of_Time

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_of_Persia:_Warrior_Within

"The Prince makes his way through the fortress, using the sand portals to travel back and forth between the past and present"

https://warframe.com/news/attention-pc-tenno-31

"The time has come to explore both timelines. Your deft spy skills are called upon as you overcome time-bending challenges on new Moon missions."

giphy.gif

5 minutes ago, Sormatte said:

Glad I wasn't the only one that made this connection :D

I also think there are others that have been struck by the connection between these games(updates :D).

We will surely appreciate any thoughts on this from the devs.

Edited by -GaMeR-

How often are people going to post about these stretched connections and say it's a ripoff? Seems like every time something new comes out people grab whatever is vaguely similar and throw it at the wall.

There's time, some sand, the name has three words and an 'of' in the middle. That's all. Time manipulation is not a new concept to gaming.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

10 minutes ago, Toppien said:

oh gods, whats next? destiny from bungie and warframe are too similar?

oh wait...

He has a point, it is dangerously alike and twice as pointless.
Warframe could do much better than this, plus this sounds way too complex for a repetitive mission.

13 minutes ago, Noabettiet said:

He has a point, it is dangerously alike and twice as pointless.
Warframe could do much better than this, plus this sounds way too complex for a repetitive mission.

How is it too complex? Would you rather have us trek to point A, go underwater to point B and stand there for a while, then piss off, all in the space of fifteen minutes, or do something that's actually interesting and different?

I guess WoW's raids or SMB's levels are too complex as well, since they're repetitive. 

3 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

You mean "They're in space and there's gear and a social hub THAT'S IN THIRD PERSON WHAT A COPY so they're THE SAME HOLY S#!T"?

Well that didn't sound nice, way too childish. The thing here was it's the actual time past/present manipulation mechanic PLUS nearly the exact title. Sands of Inaros come on... could've been anything, basically anything but they chose to be "sands" along with the time manipulation update. That is some serious similarity to me...

23 minutes ago, xxcib21xx said:

Is that update actually called Sands of Inaros?

Yeah... Here you go https://warframe.com/18-5-hub?

21 minutes ago, DoflamingoGT said:

does he have time powers? i mean the warframe because sands fit with time power

The warframe? Don't think so. The thing was with the past/present switching in the new moon spy missons. We will still need to wait for the update to be sure.

Well there's also another game called Singularity I think. Where a head this thingy on our wrist  that manipulated time. I didn't play the game though.

Wait, does the new frame actually has time manipulation powers? If you're talking about the spy vaults, then I think it's happening cause part of it is stuck inside the void still.

1 minute ago, -GaMeR- said:

Well that didn't sound nice, way too childish. The thing here was it's the actual time past/present manipulation mechanic PLUS nearly the exact title. Sands of Inaros come on... could've been anything, basically anything but they chose to be "sands" along with the time manipulation update. That is some serious similarity to me...

The Sands of Time dates back at least as far as psalms from Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

"Lives of great men all remind us

We can make our lives sublime,
And, departing, leave behind us

Footprints on the sands of time "

That's a terrible excuse for this sort of stretch. That and the time shifts tie in with the spy vaults, not Inaros as far as we can tell.

Just now, Noioiy said:

Well there's also another game called Singularity I think. Where a head this thingy on our wrist  that manipulated time. I didn't play the game though.

Wait, does the new frame actually has time manipulation powers? If you're talking about the spy vaults, then I think it's happening cause part of it is stuck inside the void still.

Only about the moon spy missions not the warframe, but can't say for sure.

14 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

You mean "They're in space and there's gear and a social hub THAT'S IN THIRD PERSON WHAT A COPY so they're THE SAME HOLY S#&$"?

SEE? ITS ALL CONECTED!!

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/iApwTQGYo0I/hqdefault.jpghttps://i.ytimg.com/vi/bFnXw9-tDrs/maxresdefault.jpg

Edited by Toppien

Absolutely no reason for mocking. But I get what you are trying to do. My statement was because of the multiple similar things connected between this game future update and prince of persia's whole story. If it was only the name of the update fine, only the time thingy in moon missions ok. But both of them in one box? We have partially copied name Sands of Inaros and also a game mechanic for future mission type. Now that is left, is for the new warframe to have some time manipulation power(s) and we are good to go...

1 minute ago, -GaMeR- said:

Absolutely no reason for mocking. But I get what you are trying to do. My statement was because of the multiple similar things connected between this game future update and prince of persia's whole story. If it was only the name of the update fine, only the time thingy in moon missions ok. But both of them in one box? We have partially copied name Sands of Inaros and also a game mechanic for future mission type. Now that is left, is for the new warframe to have some time manipulation power(s) and we are good to go...

We've already been told the frame is a mummy themed lifesteal minion summoner

4 minutes ago, DeejayPwny said:

We've already been told the frame is a mummy themed lifesteal minion summoner

I know, the last part of my post it was jokingly said...

This gets even better> About the mummy frame name "Inaros" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inaros_II

"he revolted against the Persians with the help of his Athenian allies, and defeated the Persian army commanded by satrap Achaemenes."

Persians... Still don't see the multiple resemblances/connections? small jokes :))

Edited by -GaMeR-

4 minutes ago, -GaMeR- said:

I know, the last part of my post it was jokingly said...

This gets even better> About the mummy frame name "Inaros" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Inaros_II

"he revolted against the Persians with the help of his Athenian allies, and defeated the Persian army commanded by satrap Achaemenes."

Persians... Still don't see the multiple resemblances/connections? small jokes :))

Inaros I rebelled against the Assyrians. If anything, the name Inaros is related to the idea of rebellion. At this point you're just grasping at straws trying to make connections where there aren't.

2 minutes ago, DeejayPwny said:

Inaros I rebelled against the Assyrians. If anything, the name Inaros is related to the idea of rebellion. At this point you're just grasping at straws trying to make connections where there aren't.

Well there are connections in the first post... Those two parts are good connections to me, especially when they are both released in the same time.