Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Spring-Loaded Broadhead and PvE/PvP Accessing

Diseenith

So I had recently been browsing mods, seeing what I was missing and what I wanted to get for friends. One friend of mien really enjoys the Daikyu  and was telling me about a conclave mod he wants, but absolutely hates PvP. Given I'm not a PvPer either I figured I'd look into this and see if it came from anywhere else.

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Spring-Loaded_Broadhead

Upon investigating, I noticed every single PvP/PvE conclave mod drops from sentients except  for this one in particular. It seems to require hurricane rank and 30,000 in order to get, so at least a moderate amount of investment in PvP for a mod not arguably that powerful for PvErs as a whole. However if the Daikyu did get primed it could be an issue later in the road.

Ages ago DE had spoken about not making any PvE usable content exclusively requiring PvP, something they've kept to their word so far. So I'm assuming this mod in particular was an oversight, and it'd be nice to see if it could be added to sentient loot tables or as a syndicate mod of some sort.

(For math sake, on the bow the mod is stronger than a 90% elemental mod or 30% bane mod)

Well, it's not like the mod isn't tradeable.

I can't say what the reasoning was to make it available in PvE as well, but it got introduced in PvP specifically to combat a playstyle where people would run around and try using the Daikyu as a shotgun (copter into an enemy with a charge for a guaranteed one-hit-kill).

So I guess this not being available as a drop in PvE right now is simply an oversight. I'm curious, do you know when it was made available for PvE as well?

Ever since this mod was made available for use in pve, I have asked for it in all regions trade chats, and I have yet to get a reply.

I'm not interested in Warframe's pvp, nor will I ever be. If it's one day somehow, for whatever reason forced upon me, I will drop this game like a bad habbit! - so this being pvp exclusive is really provokative to me :/

Atm it seems my only means for requiring this mod is via trading, however so far no one seems willing to sell it (yes, I think I can guess why lol).

It shouldn't be that hard. It's almost like any other Syndicate mod, PvP standing just accumulates over time.

Tip: In the PvP feedback subforum there are a lot of avid PvP players. Ask some of those guys, I'm sure the regulars are willing to sell it. I'd ask some myself so have a look at this, but I'm a PC player, not PS4.

In the meantime: Yeah, lobbying for it to get added to some drop tables is not a bad idea. I'm not sure if it would help if you made a thread there as well.

On 3/2/2016 at 1:14 PM, (PS4)Aegir_Fellwood said:

Ever since this mod was made available for use in pve, I have asked for it in all regions trade chats, and I have yet to get a reply.

I'm not interested in Warframe's pvp, nor will I ever be. If it's one day somehow, for whatever reason forced upon me, I will drop this game like a bad habbit! - so this being pvp exclusive is really provokative to me :/

Atm it seems my only means for requiring this mod is via trading, however so far no one seems willing to sell it (yes, I think I can guess why lol).

I'll grab that Mod for you.

Personally I wish we could we could raise the Conclave Syndicate by wearing the Conclave Sigils in PvE missions.

There are a lot of Conclave Skins and the like.

They could always limit PvE Sigil Rep as the daily allotment.

(Currently PvP Rep is basically limited to the daily/weekly challenges: at least with the Sigil approach. Tenshin could always send Acolyte-type hit squads after Players in PvE missions... since Conclave has a higher standing tier than normal Syndicates, things could get interesting in regards to an Acolyte or Tenno Specter hit squad.)*

Tenshin would be sending the hitsquads as training or some other trial+type reasoning.

Edited by (PS4)MrNishi

Well, we got some new enemies with 18.5 which could have their drop tables spiced up a bit with stuff, e.g. the cat ladies. However, looks like the PvP mods are associated with the Sentients.

So here's a new idea for this mod (and maybe others): Oculysts so far can't give us anything, of course because we can't kill them. Why not give them a drop table despite that and let Ivara's pick-pocket ability work on these guys? That would prevent further diluting the drop tables of the two Sentient fighters.

As a drawback, they should get alerted if you manage to steal something from them, and you'd have to face the fighters if you want to take your prize home.

On 04/03/2016 at 9:43 AM, Diseenith said:

Thanks for the responses. I understand it can be bought and traded, it just feels wrong it requires PvP in the first place and I'm hoping DE just had an oversight.

They probably forgot to add it to sentient droptable. Remind them to do so. Or put it into grineer cat hag droptable.