The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My name was changed to inappropriatename

INEEDCOOKIES

Question

17 answers to this question

1 minute ago, Weidro said:

the only person where i recognized that bevore was an DE member

is sended him a friend request to chekc his profile and about a year later i noticed that his name got changed from [DE]xxx to inappropiatenameXX

im not sure why but i asume he isnt a DE staff anymore and they changed his name

(i wont say his name and the number here)

More likely it was impersonation of a DE, I'd say.

Warframe Support typically takes between 5 days and 2 weeks to answer. It's worth to note that Support also isn't active on the weekends.

If you'd prefer, you can change your name to the desired name at https://warframe.com/user at a cost of 200 Platinum. Otherwise, you will need to wait for Support to process your request.

DE will manually change your name if it is deemed offensive/innapropriate if they do they usually send you a message giving you some sort of warning that you have to change your name and if you don't then that's the generic name they give those players whatever you had probably wasn't a good choice for a name and you will need to pay plat to have it changed to anything else on your profile page

As long as you suggested the change within the time window then waiting is all you can do but they'll change it for you as long as you wait so just be patient

Edited by -Amaterasu-

i remember way back when in the early days of closed beta i was in the same boat you are in, but a mod sent me a message and let me know my name was inappropriate ( which it really was for a family friendly forum). i sent him a message back and asked him if he could change it to the one i now have and he did. long story short, i guess things have changed if a mod can't change it for you if it's really inappropriate.

edited for grammer

Edited by Magicfingers

2 minutes ago, Magicfingers said:

i remember way back when in the early days of closed beta i was in the same boat you are in, but a mod sent me a message and let me know my name was inappropriate ( which it really was for a family friendly forum). i sent him a message back and asked him if he could change it to the one i now have and he did. long story short, i guess things have changed if a mod can't change it for you if it's really inappropriate.

edited for grammer

A mod? You mean an Admin?

As I understand it, a message/warning is typically sent asking the user to send their preferred name to Support.

4 minutes ago, (PS4)IIIDevoidIII said:

A mod? You mean an Admin?

As I understand it, a message/warning is typically sent asking the user to send their preferred name to Support.

no, if i remember correctly it was a mod...but it was like 3 years ago and things have changed quite a bit since then so i may be mistaken, but i'm pretty sure it was a mod. support was not involved at all

Edited by Magicfingers
added more lines

29 minutes ago, -Amaterasu- said:

As long as you suggested the change within the time window then waiting is all you can do but they'll change it for you as long as you wait so just be patient

I didn't receive any in-game message or e-mail. My name was changed directly and i don't want to spend 200 plats for a name change. What should i do now?

52 minutes ago, inappropriatename111 said:

My name was changed about 3-4 days ago and i sent a support ticket suggesting a new name 2 days ago. Today there is still no answer, is there anything else i can do but waiting?

What was your original ign?

the only person where i recognized that bevore was an DE member

is sended him a friend request to chekc his profile and about a year later i noticed that his name got changed from [DE]xxx to inappropiatenameXX

im not sure why but i asume he isnt a DE staff anymore and they changed his name

(i wont say his name and the number here)

1 minute ago, (PS4)IIIDevoidIII said:

More likely it was impersonation of a DE, I'd say.

nope i know for sure that he was a DE member at the time i sended him the request

lots of DE staff following him on twitter and he was listed as DE staff on an official website of DE so im 100% sure its not someone impersonating

It may have been an account made by somebody else to impersonate a DE member that did not have a forum presence.

There's DE staff that are not directly involved with the game creation and user interaction, such as legal staff.

Edited by Rydian

19 minutes ago, inappropriatename111 said:

Getting my changed is more than enough to not use it anymore ever again!

If you knew it was bad... nvm. At least DE is cracking down on those names. I saw a player named Cup_of_semen during a pub sortie.

9 hours ago, inappropriatename111 said:

I didn't receive any in-game message or e-mail. My name was changed directly and i don't want to spend 200 plats for a name change. What should i do now?

Any time I've seen something like this the user normally gets a message giving them a set time to change their name to something else (While I'm not sure exactly how that's done I'd assume probably a PM on the forums or an e-mail) of course the last time I have seen this was a while ago so maby DE changed their policy? Support is still your best bet for sorting this out especially if you don't want to pay the plat to change your name so the only real advice I can give is to wait it out and see what they have to say about it as the only other way you can get your name changed is the 200p route.

3 days since i've sent the support ticket and there is still no reply. Am i being ignored? Should i send another ticket or just wait? 

Edit: Well i didn't notice the reply i'll wait 2 weeks then. Thanks for the replies!

Edited by inappropriatename111

7 minutes ago, inappropriatename111 said:

3 days since i've sent the support ticket and there is still no reply. Am i being ignored? Should i send another ticket or just wait? 

23 hours ago, (PS4)IIIDevoidIII said:

Warframe Support typically takes between 5 days and 2 weeks to answer. It's worth to note that Support also isn't active on the weekends.

If you'd prefer, you can change your name to the desired name at https://warframe.com/user at a cost of 200 Platinum. Otherwise, you will need to wait for Support to process your request.