The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How do you unlock more Story quests after finishing the map?

Moujine

Question

I have cleared the entire star chart. finished all missions from all planets to 100% but i have only completed 9/13 of the main story quests. I can't find where the other are, do they unlock through mastery? because i am only rank 5.

The completed quests are: Once Awake, Vor's Prize, Stolen Dreams, The Archwing, Howl of the Kurbow, A Man of Few Words, The Jordas Precept, Natah, The Second Dream. I don't know how to unlock the other 4

Edited by DoflamingoGT

11 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, DoflamingoGT said:

wow you have to buy and craft secret recipes to unlock them?, how would anyone figure that out without the wiki

How does anyone know much of anything without the wiki. Like that some weapons have alt fire mechanics such as the Quanta weapons. Or that some weapons have built in punch through(snipetron, lanka.). There just isn't enough information in the game.

Warframe isn't a game which is centered around quests, like many ordinary MMOs.

Warframe is just Warframe and sometimes there happens to be some quest, you just gotta know it when it updates or look for it.

That's the way Warframe works and why we have the forums and the wiki :P

Also, this needs to be moved to players helping players

Unfortunately, how the other two have put it, there just isn't much information within the game to tell us, or at least nudge us that there is (for this example) quests to get in the Marketplace.

The only one that I give the okies to regarding that is (if you haven't done it), there's a certain event that happens in Uranus. So you just want to run a couple of missions until a certain something happens (you'll know when), and to make sure you have your scanner ready lol.

But everything else, as well as things such as modding basics, the variety of weapon mechanics, and anything else similar in nature, still has much more room to improve.

I mean hell, all you really need to do is to put in the description when equipping a weapon (that shows up on the top right of the screen when selecting), is to mention that the particular weapon (Quanta, Harpak, etc) has an alt-fire mechanic lol.
But meh, the hell do I know?

Edited by HalfDarkShadow

31 minutes ago, DoflamingoGT said:

wow you have to buy and craft secret recipes to unlock them?, how would anyone figure that out without the wiki

You can go on the market ( limbo and mirage ) but the wiki is more clear for a lot of points and can avoid you common pitfall.

Of course Natha and second dream are realy hard to start if you dont know they exist ^.^ 

Edited by trunks013

I've been playing the game from near the start after it came out of closed beta, I found the quests easy to go through though the Natah one was the worst one to try and get. Just to let you know, the Alad V codes can be got in the ODD missions so thats a bonus for farming that running the invasions which just hurt 

It's moments like this when I truly realize to which extent information is lacking within the game. I mean, most of the older players know all of this stuff because we were told about it when the content was released. But then new players have no way of knowing from the game itself, and the only way of finding out is either checking the wiki, asking others players, or try their luck searching the backlog of announcements.

Just now, Mcl_BlueMadness said:

It's moments like this when I truly realize to which extent information is lacking within the game. I mean, most of the older players know all of this stuff because we were told about it when the content was released. But then new players have no way of knowing from the game itself, and the only way of finding out is either checking the wiki, asking others players, or try their luck searching the backlog of announcements.

Well, I've used the wiki since day 1, some games just have so many mechanics that a wiki is pretty much needed. That being said, yes the games could do a better job of teaching these things. It just stems from the f2p problem of adding more and more systems to keep old players happy

53 minutes ago, CeePee said:

Well, I've used the wiki since day 1, some games just have so many mechanics that a wiki is pretty much needed. That being said, yes the games could do a better job of teaching these things. It just stems from the f2p problem of adding more and more systems to keep old players happy

We still didnt have any word on changing the Tutorial to teach Parkour 2.0.

DE, would have to add a Questline explainign each place, like the Derelicts.

And I'm still on the side of making the words appearing in the UI in the Tutorial instead of having them float around the map. Some players seem to be just blind to their existence.