The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Console to PC Transfer

EVORambo180

Question

So i have a console and PC account for warframe and i'm sure a lot of others do too. The only thing is is that my console account is way more ahead than my PC account so i'm sure many people from console have wanted to move to PC. Has this ever happened. Will console to PC account transferring happen or has it already happened, because i would like to bring my MR 12 almost all frame and tons of prime weapons account to my new beast of a PC. Also i would like to know other peoples opinions on this whether you're with it or against it.

12 answers to this question

Just now, AwsumN00b said:

I have some friends that switched to PC and refuse to start all over again, I really hope DE do somehow find a way to implement it, even if for a very brief time.

It would be a lot of fighting with Sony/Microsoft.

After all, you would have to convince them that it would be good to let people leave their platform and move to PC....which will never happen and is the main reason that DE can't do a console to PC account migration.
That and its probably in some contract that DE had to sign with the consoles to launch warframe on them that they can't do it.

Would like to know what the problems are? "due to contractual obligations"

Because there are a few titles that are cross platform that can both be on same servers. SFV being the newest.

I've got accounts on PC and Ps4 for Warframe. Would love to combine them.

There's nothing stopping DE doing a blizzard and doing a 'character copy' on your account, even if it's a paid service.

4 minutes ago, AwsumN00b said:

I have some friends that switched to PC and refuse to start all over again, I really hope DE do somehow find a way to implement it, even if for a very brief time.

De has already stated that sony and Microsoft will not allow a transfer to PC from concole. The speculation behind the reason is that consoles do not want to lose players only gain them so account transfers will only ever be one way 

1 hour ago, tweakoli said:

There's nothing stopping DE doing a blizzard and doing a 'character copy' on your account, even if it's a paid service.

They are not on the same release.  Having not coded the game, you have no idea if there is nothing stopping DE.

2 hours ago, tweakoli said:

Would like to know what the problems are? "due to contractual obligations"

Because there are a few titles that are cross platform that can both be on same servers. SFV being the newest.

Because all contracts are always the same thing.

Wait no, that's not how it works.

DE was, at the time, a smaller dev and Warframe was a far less popular game, DE didn't have the bargaining power and influence that companies like EA have.

2 hours ago, tweakoli said:

Sony/Microsoft and the contracts stop DE.

The migration is a copy.  It's called a migration, but what happens when it goes from PC->Console is that a copy of your PC account overwrites your console account at that time (though PC-exclusive things do not transfer).

On March 4, 2016 at 3:56 PM, (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly said:

This is still a few years down the road, but what happens when the next Xbox and PS are out? Will Warframe be on those as well? 

Might do what DCUO did and still support the older model while making a port that connects to the same servers. DCUO works on PS3 and PS4. (Of course now there is a crossplay element of PC as well.)