The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Ash's Bladestorm - FPS drops

main_antagonist

Ash's Bladestorm is causing massive FPS drops and this was happening just before update 18.5 and is still around after 18.5

FPS drops to 40 FPS like clockwork every time a Ash does a Blade Storm.
@1:40 roughly
@2:00 roughly
@2:40 roughly 
@3:35roughly <--You can hear it but don't have vision of the Blade Storm, so even without direct line of sight it still causes fps drops!

Maybe that's my issue with the incredibly laggy runs of Draco I have been having in the past few days. I will have to test on another frame. Thanks!

Just to be sure: everything stutters?

I have around a 1 second input lag and map marker position refresh. Although, in my case, the frame rate seems fine; its more of a delay with my actions.

Maybe my issue is due to the DDoS mitigation they put up after last weekend...

Hey everyone,

We're having a difficult time reproducing this on our end, so any additional info that you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Some examples:

• Which mods are you using with Ash?
  • Which weapons do you have equipped?
  • What are your PC specs?
  • etc. 

Thanks.

I think I only experience this as host when a client is using Ash Bladestorm. My FPS doesn't tank. It's more like irregular frame pacing. Almost as if the game is waiting for proper syncing over the network. The lag is there most of the time, but not always. To a lesser extent I also notice it with Vauban (in LoR) and Hydroid sometimes. Could it to some extent be related to latency?

CPU 3960X @ 4.5GHz
32GB Ram
GPU 3xNvidia GTX Titan (same lag without SLI)
500Mb/s symmetrical fiber optic network

23 hours ago, [DE]Dmitri said:

Hey everyone,

We're having a difficult time reproducing this on our end, so any additional info that you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Some examples:

• etc. 

Thanks.

Issues occour usually because of range and abilities spam, that happens with multiples frames, Ember world on fire, Mirage clones (and Explosive Legerdemain augment), Ash bladestorm, Hydroid tentacles, Saryn spores, Vauban vortex. On PS4 at least, this could be fixed just removing Overextended

Weapons like (Synoid) Simulor affect performances aswell but sadly theres no way to fix it because fps drops depends from visual effects and theres no way to setup them on PS4, so im just hoping in the nerf hammer to get it fixed

Edited by (PS4)KrakenUnchained

I have the exact same issue, and have tried reporting it in the past without any success. The issue is caused by Bladestorm targeting large numbers of enemies, in most of my experience, Corpus, so it is possibly also tied to shields.

I submitted support ticket #221707 (before I understood that bugs should be reported via the forums) on Sept 19th, 2014, and was told that it was due to background processes slowing my computer, which was absolutely not the case.

I have managed to avoid Ash players for the most part since then, but have just had an unpleasant mission with a Bladestorm spammer forcing my computer to run the game at an unplayable 20fps for the majority of the mission.

On 17/3/2016 at 4:23 PM, [DE]Dmitri said:

Hey everyone,

Some examples:

• etc. 

Thanks.

Hello:

My problem is blade storm, in all missions.

Nvidia gt650m

Intel Core i7 3630QM

8GB RAM

I can confirm this too. just like other said, it began with U18.5.x

My PC spec is powerful enough, average 250+ fps in void missions or raid.

i7 4790K, GTX 980, 16GB RAM and warframe is installed in SSD.

I just tested a draco run, I was the host.

Result:

My teammate uses Ash as a client, whenever he casts blade storm my fps drops from 200 to 50.

But it seems fine if I use blade storm myself though.

Edited by aerosoul1337

24 minutes ago, aerosoul1337 said:

Result:

My teammate uses Ash as a client, whenever he casts blade storm my fps drops from 200 to 50.

But it seems fine if I use blade storm myself though.

This lines up with the results we were seeing in our internal tests. As I mentioned above we have a fix that should improve this.
I am very curious to know what your framerate is like after the next hotfix has been released. (specifically host/client)

Edited by [DE]Dmitri

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...