The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So not all of them came from the [spoilers] Sands of Anuris

Mak_Gohae

I wasn't under the impression that the Zariman ship in Ember Prime's codex entry was the only thing in the galaxy housing the mutated children that would become the Tenno. Likely it was one of many secret military ships (one that just happened to house the children that would eventually become the blueprint for Ember), and Kaleen accidently discovered more than she was supposed too. 

On 3/7/2016 at 2:35 AM, Kunavi said:

Radioactive? I thought they were just too difficult to control, that kind of thing. As in, not exactly something that would reliably, unquestionably, follow orders. In any case... Seems you're saying exactly what I am - A different approach to creating Tenno, in parallel or after or before the Tenno exiled in the Void. And so one of them ended up on Phobos it seems. Mmmm.... Oh well.

Margoulis was getting sick when she was working with the Tenno.

At least that's how i took it.

On 3/7/2016 at 4:52 AM, Acos said:

I wasn't under the impression that the Zariman ship in Ember Prime's codex entry was the only thing in the galaxy housing the mutated children that would become the Tenno. Likely it was one of many secret military ships (one that just happened to house the children that would eventually become the blueprint for Ember), and Kaleen accidently discovered more than she was supposed too. 

The story before this is that there was an accident, they accident produced some results, they studies the results but ended up dropping them. When they were about to lose the war they brought those things back.

We still dont know if they purposely sent the ships to the void for something or if it was just an accident. Or if they were just occupied with kids.

15 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

We still dont know if they purposely sent the ships to the void for something or if it was just an accident. Or if they were just occupied with kids.

We all confirmed that the Orokin were very unscrupulous, petty, "So beatiful on the outside, but you are rotten, through and throught!" and cared little (if at all) for the masses as we see in the Crewman Synthesis and now with Sands of Inaros.

Maybe the accident of Zariamn 10-0 was an accident, but afterwards... And I say "maybe" very skeptically.

I do not doubt that they actually made more Tenno when they started to lose the War.

7 hours ago, Mak_Gohae said:

The story before this is that there was an accident, they accident produced some results, they studies the results but ended up dropping them. When they were about to lose the war they brought those things back.

I don't think we necessarily need it written out in stone; It's pretty obvious that this is a literary device where "no" actually means "yes, we absolutely are sending children to the void as part of a shadow experiment." If there was any reason to doubt that is exactly what is happening here I don't think the author would have phrased the ending in the way they did. Besides, why else would children even be on that ship if it wasn't on purpose? 

Edited by Acos

18 hours ago, Acos said:

I don't think we necessarily need it written out in stone; It's pretty obvious that this is a literary device where "no" actually means "yes, we absolutely are sending children to the void as part of a shadow experiment." If there was any reason to doubt that is exactly what is happening here I don't think the author would have phrased the ending in the way they did. Besides, why else would children even be on that ship if it wasn't on purpose? 

Wasnt the Zariman a colony ship or something?

25 minutes ago, Mak_Gohae said:

Wasnt the Zariman a colony ship or something?

Yes. It was supposed to go to Tau.

I nurse a fond private theory that back in Tau, there's a bunch of perfectly peaceful Sentient minds who haven't heard from Hunhow or Natah in over a thousand years, and regard the war with the Orokin as an embarrassing mistake. They'd probably think bad old Grandfather Hunhow is a severely PTSD ridden dinosaur.

20 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

There are 16,000,000

No, there are 16,000,000 players. Each player doesn't actually represent a Tenno in the universe, unless Vor tried the same plan to capture the Tenno 16,000,000 times and the Stalker managed to eject the Reservoir from the Void 16,000,000 times to match.

35 minutes ago, Littlerift said:

No, there are 16,000,000 players. Each player doesn't actually represent a Tenno in the universe, unless Vor tried the same plan to capture the Tenno 16,000,000 times and the Stalker managed to eject the Reservoir from the Void 16,000,000 times to match.

Warframe's story is one of those weird flexible canons. It's the same way that Alad V can exist in his normal form, his Mutalist form, and his cured-from-Mutalist form at the same time. Every single player is always the first Tenno to be awoken from the Reservoir. You, Mr. Littlerift, are the first. And on my screen, I'm the first Tenno to be awoken from the Reservoir. Sound contradictory? It is, but because we have always been at war with Eastasia and because 2+2=5 they can both be canon at the same time

When you combine this with that fact that DE treats EVERY SINGLE PLAYER as an individual Tenno, I don't see how there could possibly be less than 16 million Tenno

7 minutes ago, TARINunit9 said:

Warframe's story is one of those weird flexible canons. It's the same way that Alad V can exist in his normal form, his Mutalist form, and his cured-from-Mutalist form at the same time. Every single player is always the first Tenno to be awoken from the Reservoir. You, Mr. Littlerift, are the first. And on my screen, I'm the first Tenno to be awoken from the Reservoir. Sound contradictory? It is, but because we have always been at war with Eastasia and because 2+2=5 they can both be canon at the same time

When you combine this with that fact that DE treats EVERY SINGLE PLAYER as an individual Tenno, I don't see how there could possibly be less than 16 million Tenno

So what you're saying is that Captain Vor is Immanuel Goldstein?

One sec, I'll be right back; mandatory two-minute's hate.

19 hours ago, Littlerift said:

Well, yes, Vor is trying to continuously capture tenno.

And wasnt all the failures the reason he got demoted to Captain?

The Stalker is just history we learned that we....... witnessed through VR?

19 hours ago, Littlerift said:

Well, yes, Vor is trying to continuously capture tenno.

And wasnt all the failures the reason he got demoted to Captain?

The Stalker is just history we learned that we....... witnessed through VR?