The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Cryptic Message post 18.5! Need Tenno decipherers!

(PSN)Romulus93

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Romulus93 said:

This is a different message post 18.5. That thread is old and before the second dream. I didn't want to necro it.

Just look up Tennobet and you can decipher it yourself, but I'm pretty sure it's the same message as before.

Comparing it with older screenshots, it seems very similar to the Second Dream one. It looks like the font might have been updated a bit, which accounts for most of the difference, but here and there some of the words appear to have changed too, which may be worth investigating (not an expert myself). I suppose it's not inconceivable that they've simply updated the message to be more 'accurate'? The reddit thread on the original translation does note that there were some mistakes.

9 minutes ago, (PS4)Romulus93 said:

I just spent 10 min. and there's no way I'm deciphering that.

I spent five minutes decipherring a bit of it.  All the parts that I deciphered were the same as the old message.

Edited by Shoelip

6 minutes ago, Shoelip said:

I spent five minutes decipherring a bit of it.  All the parts that I deciphered were the same as the old message.

It looks very similar but a quick back and forth analysis shows there are some differences. I missed one or two lines at the end. This message isn't as long as the other one either.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Romulus93 said:

It looks very similar but a quick back and forth analysis shows there are some differences. I missed one or two lines at the end. This message isn't as long as the other one either.

It's shorter because it's incomplete.  If you're noticing differences then just translate the parts are different and see what the difference is.

Edited by Shoelip

I didn't check the old thread, but this is what I got from deciphering (there may be mistakes and I'm not on some parts) :

Spoiler

reezawn, forehn kaeree'ehr deetehktehd - orihjihn uhnon - sihspihsheeawn - traesing sihgnal.
Reason, foreign carrier detected - origin unknown - suspicion - tracing signal.

raenisheeaetihng dayepolar reekuhplihng awn nawvehl kaeree'ehr - bayeo ihn standbaye for seekee'ehns chehk and sihnk.
Reinitiating dipolar recoupling on (novel?) carrier - (bio?) in standby for (sequence?) check and (sink?).

moshee'uhn kawmpehnsaeshee'uhn - kawmpleet.
Motion compensation - complete.

sehlehnihk lehnzih...
(Selenic?) ???

Edited by Arkhenbarn
Placed transcription in spoilers

1 hour ago, Arkhenbarn said:

I didn't check the old thread, but this is what I got from deciphering (there may be mistakes and I'm not on some parts) :

Hidden Content

Here's the redit thread with the translation of the original.  Almost identical.  Seems like they just fixed some typos.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Warframe/comments/3n71n3/tennotext_translation/

Edited by Shoelip

1 hour ago, LordOfScrugging said:

PS4 has 18.5? whut?

1 hour ago, (XB1)XcrazeddoctorX said:

I was thinking the same thing...  although that ship he's riding suggests otherwise.. I'm very confused

I know this is shocking, but he just might have accounts on more than one platform.

Noooo! How can you all think it's the same message? I did a side by side comparison and while some elements are the same, there are differing characters in there. Also, I missed one more line but other than that this is the entire message. The only one was a lot more lines longer. Please, I'm sure this is a new message. I want to know what it is but there's no way I can decipher it. I suck at life.

On 3/9/2016 at 11:59 PM, (PS4)Romulus93 said:

I saw the same thing again but this time as I was on my ship. I know this is a new message. I got a video of it this time with my shadowplay recording and it is clearly a different message.

It's the exact same message. After a 30 second comparison, I realized just some words are spelled differently. That's all, there's nothing more to it.

'Origin' is misspelled "awrigin" in the original and corrected to be "orijin" in the new

'Unknown' is misspelled "unknawn" in the original and corrected to be "unon" in the new

etc.

Conclusion: DE is fixing errors.

Edited by LazerSkink