The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

My issues on Mastery

cnlu

Question

Is ranking up Mastery really necessary?

i mean to rank up...you need to rank up your weapons/warframe/companions/etc...and by doing it, you need to buy them/build them/loot them/etc..

But the thing is, the slots are limited....

16 answers to this question

You can get more slots or sell useless weapons.

Also with every rank up you get a higher standing for your syndicates.

A lot of weapons are mastery locked, the syndicate primaries have the highest lock of MR12.

Some Quest are also Mastery locked (highest being 5 if I remember correctly).

Edited by 16Bitman

Just now, 16Bitman said:

You can get more slots or sell useless weapons.

Since DE made some built weapons a requirement to build new weapons one can never be sure what to sell

I'd say buy slots, they are fairly cheap and you can get plat by trading, more trades per day require higher mastery by the way. It also determines you daily syndicate standing treshold.

56 minutes ago, cnlu said:

Is ranking up Mastery really necessary?

i mean to rank up...you need to rank up your weapons/warframe/companions/etc...and by doing it, you need to buy them/build them/loot them/etc..

But the thing is, the slots are limited....

The slots are as limited as your willingness to spend money or time on this game. That's the whole point of it being F2P. Someone throwing 500EUR at this game will have no issue with slots and weapons, whilst someone spending 0EUR, might run into issues, but as many will tell you, you don't need to spend money on it and do fine, it just takes a lot longer and more effort. 

Short answer, NO.

It is not Necessary, as you can still play and enjoy the game with a group of friends just fine with your MR as high as your current weapons/slots allow.

Like everyone else said though, it unlocks more in the game, if your a completionist, or, want to try many different weapons that all use mostly the same stance mods and play the same, with varying power or effects.. then higher mastery rank may be for you.

the idea behind ranking up your mastery is supposedly to test your skills. the weapon slots are limited so that you will use your brains in deciding what weapons suit your play style. hopefully you were smart enough to use your starter plat to buy more slots and not waste them on frivolous stuff.

All I will say is, the recruiting channel i your best friend. Watch what people want to buy ( not buzzkill or some vaulted primes) but things like ash BP or other things, Recently I'v seen an increase in people wanting paris prime upper limbs/set ( First prime I farmed to sell) so thats easy plat. SUURE its not the big 200P+ items, but its something to start. I'v never had a problem with plat, never spent a penny and I have 300p just laying around. Its hard in the beginning but it gets easier over time.  

Edit: Just to point this out, i'm a bad spender... lots of wasted plat :D

Edited by (XB1)XcrazeddoctorX
Always PC in region chat for unsure deals

If you want really good weapons(dragon nikana or any of the syndicate primaries) then yes get your mastery up. It also is good if you trade a lot, and players respect you more and treat you better the higher your mastery is. I have just reached rank 13, and it feels good to complete those tests, it makes you feel a lot better at the game.

There's a guy on youtube running a series called Warframe From Scratch

where he's basically gotten to MR 12 without spending any money on the game.

It's actually pretty good if you are new to the game and don't know how to progress (or earn platinum from playing the game).

Personally his series has helped me a lot with progression, now I've amassed a good collection of warframes (still missing Ivara, Ash, mesa and most primes) and a collection of guns I actually like using.

Edited by Obviousclone

ranking up mastery unlocks several aspects of the game

weapons (MR 12 is the highest weapon unlock, i believe... for syndicate weapons)

armory slots

extractors deployed

pluto relay (MR 8)

better daily rewards

MR has little to do with mastery of anything, just completing relatively meaningless tests and grinding weapons and new frames/companions.

Speaking as an MR 14 player, getting to MR 8 is really as far as you need to go.  That is, I'd say, the bare minimum for a solid end-game loadout.  For reference, My go-to is Boltor Prime, Lex Prime, and Broken War (though I do believe Broken War has a higher MR requirement than 8).  But, it's a melee weapon, and it's typically easy enough to find a good one of them.  

I would say for purposes of leveling your MR with minimal slots, Pick a main loadout (Frame and three weapons) and max those out.  then use the rest of your slots for building stuff, maxing it, then selling it.  Resources to build things will take care of themselves.  And if you ARE short, most resources are easy enough to come by, so you don't have to go bananas trying to farm em.

MR is simply a measure of how much stuff you have leveled up. Obviously DE wants to encourage you to get it as high as possible, they want you to buy some frames, weapons, and inventory slots and that is fine, the devs need to make a living and deserve some support.  If however you don't want to play Warframe like Pokemon and collect them all, you can do just fine by choosing a half dozen frames for different roles, maxing them out and a couple of good weapons in each category. You can have a good stable of maxed frames decked out in the top gear and do fine in sorties and all end game content without spending real world cash, however by being selective in what you build and level you will probably be rank 8-10. How much time, effort and or money you want to invest to go beyond that is purely optional.