Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Saryn really balanced?.

Dreez76

48 minutes ago, Buzkyl said:

The damage is being boosted by sonar to reach those absurd amounts. So no, the banshee on the team should be thanked for that screenshot.

In simulacrum i can kill 20 lvl 135 corrupted heavy gunners with no cp in around 20s with saryn..

Yes the damage was boosted by banshees sonar but no other damage frame will reach this damage.. except equinox but since they nerfed trinitys 1 saryn is way superior and the best endgame damage dealer.. by far

4 minutes ago, -dicht.Amducias- said:

In simulacrum i can kill 20 lvl 135 corrupted heavy gunners with no cp in around 20s with saryn..

Yes the damage was boosted by banshees sonar but no other damage frame will reach this damage.. except equinox but since they nerfed trinitys 1 saryn is way superior and the best endgame damage dealer.. by far

Equinox will reach and surpass that damage in a burst AoE, where as saryn's DPS is smaller through ticks. Also not taking into consideration that to pull that off require's niche weaponry. Yes every gun can pop pores but only certain guns will pop spores to provide enough of a proc to wither high-end enemies.

Just now, Buzkyl said:

Equinox will reach and surpass that damage in a burst AoE, where as saryn's DPS is smaller through ticks. Also not taking into consideration that to pull that off require's niche weaponry. Yes every gun can pop pores but only certain guns will pop spores to provide enough of a proc to wither high-end enemies.

Equinox is dealing way less damage than saryn in endgame.. just believe me i saw and tested it first hand.. 

Just now, -dicht.Amducias- said:

Equinox is dealing way less damage than saryn in endgame.. just believe me i saw and tested it first hand.. 

Equnox Maim damage cap  is far greater that was Saryn can achieve. That's not arguable. However that ability is single use and requires extensive charging.

1 minute ago, Buzkyl said:

Equnox Maim damage cap  is far greater that was Saryn can achieve. That's not arguable. However that ability is single use and requires extensive charging.

How you charge the damage if you need like 20 sonar spot tonkor crits for a single enemy?

Edit: Saryn has no damage cap, her damage is scaling infinitely

Edited by -dicht.Amducias-

1 minute ago, -dicht.Amducias- said:

How you charge the damage if you need like 20 sonar spot tonkor crits for a single enemy?

That's because the higher the health of the enemies killed in maims radius, the more it absorbs. So those massive HP sponges of infested on Help equinox. However that is nor what i'm arguing. I fully agree Saryn DPS is very good with spore, however i am saying, maim has a higher damage threshold as it scales using enemy HP as it's modifier, verse spores weapon DPS.

20 hours ago, YasaiTsume said:

tWhat is the major difference is that current Miasma doesn't strip armor like before, hence outputting lesser damage. 

Miasma never stripped armor, except for a few days recently when they accidentally gave it a proc chance that has since been removed.  You've been posting this falsehood constantly since the rework and it's become tiring to correct you every time.  

34 minutes ago, RealPandemonium said:

Miasma never stripped armor, except for a few days recently when they accidentally gave it a proc chance that has since been removed.  You've been posting this falsehood constantly since the rework and it's become tiring to correct you every time.  

Old Miasma did strip armor didn't it?

6 hours ago, PikeOrShield said:

I think his point is that the two warframes have very good synergy.  In the first screenshot, you can also see a day Equinox and a Rhino Prime, both buffing Saryn's powerstrength.  None of those warframes can achieve multiple numbers like that at the same time on their own.  Maybe a sonar banshee can score a few of those with a sniper rifle, and theoretically Saryn can if the enemies have enough health and you spend a ridiculous amount of time building up spore damage, however, it is on through teamwork that they can achieve this across the map (since spore spreads to other enemies once an infected unit dies).

The actuall point may be that it was, banshee or not, IMPOSSIBLE to reach such numbers with the old saryn...

This screen is actually only scratching what she is able to do... give ps4 shadow debt and i more then double these numbers.

6 hours ago, Buzkyl said:

can be used repeatedly with no difficulty charging it if you bring two equinox. taking turns to pulse one's maim will recharge the other's.

1 hour ago, igo95862-LookingForClan- said:

Let me show you Draco Saryn

Yeah!  Take that Ash and Ember!

Also all those RJ Excals...

Wow, I hope none of the lazy gamers catch on to how great Saryn is.

Edited by PikeOrShield
Forgot to mention Excal

5 hours ago, RealPandemonium said:

It still works, just not in simulacrum for some reason, but miasma does proc corrosive

5 hours ago, -dicht.Amducias- said:

It still works, just not in simulacrum for some reason, but miasma does proc corrosive

Still unable to cause Corrosive procs with Miasma anywhere, Simulacrum or no.  Procs only occur cosmetically on kill.  You will see procs because of that, but they are not real procs since they never happen to a living target, instead always happening to killed targets.

33 minutes ago, RealPandemonium said:

Still unable to cause Corrosive procs with Miasma anywhere, Simulacrum or no.  Procs only occur cosmetically on kill.  You will see procs because of that, but they are not real procs since they never happen to a living target, instead always happening to killed targets.

They do actually, will make video if i have time today

I find some people to be really hypocritical.  Before Saryn was a boring press 4 to win warframe. 

Now that all you need is a gas weapon and her 1 to win, she's suddenly an innovative and engaging warframe. All hail press 1 to win Saryn. 

I'm not buying it. Until her 4 does decent damage or has a unique effect other than just damage, her rework is a failure to me.

Edited by tripletriple

20 minutes ago, tripletriple said:

I find some people to be really hypocritical.  Before Saryn was a boring press 4 to win warframe. 

Now that all you need is a gas weapon and her 1 to win, she's suddenly an innovative and engaging warframe. All hail press 1 to win Saryn. 

I'm not buying it. Until her 4 does decent damage or has a unique effect other than just damage, her rework is a failure to me.

Honestly i dont care if saryn is as boring as before, she is the best endgame damage dealer and because of that worth playing..

Considering she can cut a mob's health in half, I think she is fine where she is. Maybe bring up the damage a tiny bit, decrease the energy cost so you can spread more spores faster and get more damage ticks going, or give her Miasma a bigger base range considering the range is only around 50 meters with a maxed range build. 

I was using her on a Draco yesterday while leveling gear and I always came out with the most damage considering I could infect the entire map. Is the OP referring to Sortie level enemies?

Edited by (XB1)CitrusTheNile
Added more options for buff

Maybe if she had steady health regen based on her toxic spread. like .25 per toxic damage. Then she may have the survivability people are looking for instead of being the type of frame that lends itself to finding a spot drop a molt, spore it and then contagion and melee it over and over.

You also can't code fun into a game... well you could but it would literally just be the word "Fun"... you can however code in options, it's really up to the player to find the fun in each option. As far as balanced goes, yea she's fine, some are saying she is useful at end game, I haven't found the build for that honestly.

I'm biased though but I do think Saryn had more to her before the coincidental nerf and then solid nerf. When damage 2.0 was first released I don't believe we either understood or DE didn't anticipate Saryn to be affected so negatively. It might have been when she stopped appearing or even being asked for for t3's that they decided to do something with her. I don't know I was on Warframe break after D2.0.

However rework Saryn... it takes... work... she's a great caster frame for low level and some mid level content. She cannot handle Sorties so don't even think about that, the enemy levels are too high for her to do damage with her abilities. You are better off spaming 4 for the stun and using a melee weapon to kill with life steal on it. With that said. Maybe on Grineer sorties but I've sadly only gotten Corpus sorties to test her in.

Her 4 does decent damage if you go through the entire setting up with it, a lot of times you won't be able to sit there and set up all the procs to get your 4 to do damage. There are ways around this like mods that boost cast speed, but if you do that you'd have to lose either survivability, energy efficiency or damage... Saryn uses all of her slots sadly...

I've found a happy middle ground for higher level content being to use rage and life steal + molt and miasma with spores on mobs to keep the ticks up. I'm essentially using everything in her kit to be able to keep up with other players XD. In a way you could say that's fun, I find it's stressful but idk, I always liked DoT characters anyway.

Spore

Spores are fine actually, if they don't then it would be nice if they carry the proc of the weapon that popped them to different enemies. Also spores regening energy when popped should be built into spores specifically for Saryn though.

Molt

In most games though DoT characters tended to have life drain built in or some defensive mechanism... Molt doesn't work for this and so the tldr: is that Molt specifically needs to be redone or gotten rid of. If it was changed with some other survival move then fine... maybe something that consumes the spores around her releasing toxic damage in an area that ticked healing when she is in it?

It would give players the option of picking survival with using her 2 to heal or damage using her 4 to deal damage.

Contagion

This needs help, it's a great ability for what it does but Saryn doesn't have any defensive mechanisms at higher levels to support this ability. On it's own it's amazing probably one of the strongest offensive melee self buffs I've seen or comes to mind. It isn't a 4 it's a 3 keep that in mind. Saryn just doesn't have a kit that supports this ability imo and I think that's because molt needs to be reworked or gotten rid of entirely.

Miasma

In other games, ultimate moves with dot characters tend to also refresh DoT's and shorten the duration while increasing the base damage so it does the same amount of damage it would have done in 20 seconds let's say but in the shortened time.

That may not seem like much but it would give a clear benefit to using spores when players start to see bigger numbers appear around Miasma,  also since Miasma would in this case lose one of its buffs it could instead debuff enemies damage, that should help Saryn's survival A LOT, especially in Sortie.

So if the player has spores with toxic they get the 200% damage when they use Miasma, however if they use molt (that heals) they lose the spores but refresh the toxic and whatever other dots the spores carried over to enemies as well as shortens their duration but dealing increased damage to get the same end damage after all the ticks. I think Miasma's damage itself is then maxed at +100% because of the toxin.

Just spit balling, sorry to waste folks times.

I agree with you about molt, and miasma should be a channeling cloud around Saryn, or something like that, with an utility, like an armor debuff? or an augment for her toxin damages (like ember for her fire damages) ?

For the rest, it's ok for me, maybe toxic lash should be for the ranged weapons aswell, but the main effect MUST NOT be changed

Seriously, just a corrosive proc on her 4 + a channeling instead of the 100 energy cost and she will be.... very strong (to not say OP)

zZszOiY.jpg

9cj6D7x.jpg

A new solo game, i was still able to kill them easely, but i could not approach the support capsule without losing my invisibility AND my combo counter=> one shot and / or no more dps so i was a little bit forced to leave.

So yeah, i use naramon and the event mods, but that's what make Saryn very strong in endgame, people should deal with it, Saryn is made for Naramon and melee, and in these cases, she is one of the strongest warframes