Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is Saryn really balanced?.

Dreez76

Just now, RealPandemonium said:

I use Twin Basolk slide attacks.  Reliable high status chance combined with good slide damage.  

I'm personally a firm believer in the Mios. Dat 18 meter whip range. Plus it only has 5 less base damage than the Dragon Nikana with the same crit stats, as well as a great status chance. 

Although I still need to get my hands on Volcanic Edge...

1 minute ago, Gurpgork said:

I'm personally a firm believer in the Mios. Dat 18 meter whip range. Plus it only has 5 less base damage than the Dragon Nikana with the same crit stats, as well as a great status chance. 

Although I still need to get my hands on Volcanic Edge...

If you're going for Gas procs, a base elemental weapon is far preferable.  Using Basolks means that you will get a Gas proc every time you proc, and you wont have to waste mod slots adding extra elemental damage to fight the physical damage proc bias.  

14 minutes ago, RealPandemonium said:

If you're going for Gas procs, a base elemental weapon is far preferable.  Using Basolks means that you will get a Gas proc every time you proc, and you wont have to waste mod slots adding extra elemental damage to fight the physical damage proc bias.  

That's true enough, but keep in mind that the mios hits 4-6 times per button press, in a large range, so even without the same chance to proc gas per hit it does so very quickly, and it stacks toxic lash many times faster than most other weapons. It's my go-to as well.

As for the rest of this thread, I'm glad to see that people are starting to like Saryn. Her damage just gets more and more valuable the higher level the enemy is, and I think that's awesome.

1 hour ago, LOUDPACKS said:

Wow so red crit weapons are the way to go for proccing huh?  For dual ichors should I leave the element alone or make it gas for this?

For the status alone: keep it essencial. Basedamage & crit. Elemental, physical and mixed status mods might add a additional feature but do not affect the poison. You might as well fill remaining spots with utility...speed, range, evrything that adds to your status dps.

You don't rly need gas to spread...your team will anyways and you're able to do so with melee and on a larger scale with miasama&molt (set them apart for additional range). Dual weapons don't rly have stance multipliers eather so it's quite possible to use it offhand with a radial primary/secondary equipped. Just focusing on melee gives the highest numbers tho. I personally like to use it offhand with my synoid gamma equipped, just for the ranged utility(+status combination, mag, fire, corrusion), energy and syndicate proccs.

25 minutes ago, (PS4)maelstromm15 said:

As for the rest of this thread, I'm glad to see that people are starting to like Saryn. Her damage just gets more and more valuable the higher level the enemy is, and I think that's awesome.

Yes and no.  Yes in that Viral proc is more valuable when enemies have more max hp and more enemies around = more damage per enemy.  No in that when armor scales to ridiculous amounts, Saryn has no means of reducing it, and enemy HP will eventually get so high (in infinite content) that her relative killing power will level off even in a non-armor scenario.

3 minutes ago, RealPandemonium said:

Yes and no.  Yes in that Viral proc is more valuable when enemies have more max hp and more enemies around = more damage per enemy.  No in that when armor scales to ridiculous amounts, Saryn has no means of reducing it, and enemy HP will eventually get so high (in infinite content) that her relative killing power will level off even in a non-armor scenario.

Spores popp for the resonating damage of your poison, of course the damage gets higher if they become able to life through multiple red crits that set poison status.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

2 minutes ago, RealPandemonium said:

Not sure what you mean by this?

If an enemy can survive more red crits from something like the Ichors, then they will be suffering much higher damage over time, which can all be spread and stacked with Spores.

12 minutes ago, Gurpgork said:

If an enemy can survive more red crits from something like the Ichors, then they will be suffering much higher damage over time, which can all be spread and stacked with Spores.

Probably bc of "popps spore", that somehow soundet better in my head lmao

But yea man, read through the wiki concerning spores. They, if destroyed:

*get additional damage to the extend of the innitial damage that triggered evry poison procc on the enemy 

*spread 25%(str) of this value with the spores

Going for red crit, damage that actually influences the poison set with lash skyrockets these numbers.

More dots, higher numbers on destroyed spores, higher spread.

Edited by (PS4)CoolD2108

That's actually one of Saryn's major issues that is almost never mentioned on the forums.  It's hard to spread big spore DPS because most of the time you inflict a big Toxin proc, the blow kills the target and thus it doesn't spread.  That forces you to play in theoretical enemy levels to even see a return from these tactics.  If it's Grineer then armor will have become too steep for your damage to shine and any faction will have so much damage by that point that you'll be factory farming them with permaCC and other exploits anyway.  Even if DE fixes enemy scaling, they would still have to address this issue for Saryn.  

7 minutes ago, RealPandemonium said:

That's actually one of Saryn's major issues that is almost never mentioned on the forums.  It's hard to spread big spore DPS because most of the time you inflict a big Toxin proc, the blow kills the target and thus it doesn't spread.  That forces you to play in theoretical enemy levels to even see a return from these tactics.  If it's Grineer then armor will have become too steep for your damage to shine and any faction will have so much damage by that point that you'll be factory farming them with permaCC and other exploits anyway.  Even if DE fixes enemy scaling, they would still have to address this issue for Saryn.  

Dual ichors with nothing but crit mods and body count? Quite manageable. Aand they should at least spread the poison on your first hit. Watched poison beein spread on corpus units more then once after oneshoting the spored target.

7 minutes ago, RealPandemonium said:

-snip-.  

Much of the time you'll be playing as a full team. In any organized team format, you'll be running 4x cp. It's pretty well a given. I wish the other auras were useful enough to take its place, but they simply arent. And yes, some frames have ways to get around armor. But Saryn is not the only frame that's affected by the armor scaling. Most are, and so are damn near all weapons. Someone invariably brings up frost and his value at removing armor, but why bring frost instead of Saryn? Why not both? It seems like most arguments against a frame are looking at it in a vacuum. Armor scaling is a huge issue in this game, for everyone, but that doesn't mean we should just give every frame a way to remove it, though I am a supporter of corrosive procs on miasma.

9 hours ago, (PS4)maelstromm15 said:

Much of the time you'll be playing as a full team. In any organized team format, you'll be running 4x cp. It's pretty well a given. I wish the other auras were useful enough to take its place, but they simply arent. And yes, some frames have ways to get around armor. But Saryn is not the only frame that's affected by the armor scaling. Most are, and so are damn near all weapons. Someone invariably brings up frost and his value at removing armor, but why bring frost instead of Saryn? Why not both? It seems like most arguments against a frame are looking at it in a vacuum. Armor scaling is a huge issue in this game, for everyone, but that doesn't mean we should just give every frame a way to remove it, though I am a supporter of corrosive procs on miasma.

Ofc armor scaling is probably the biggest design issue plaguing WF at the moment.  I don't support more bandaids for removing armor; I support a root fix to the issue.  4x CPs existing is no justification for anything.  

8 hours ago, Rydian said:

You've lost.  Fun is trash, utterly worthless (to those guys.)

1 hour ago, RealPandemonium said:

Ofc armor scaling is probably the biggest design issue plaguing WF at the moment.  I don't support more bandaids for removing armor; I support a root fix to the issue.  4x CPs existing is no justification for anything.  

You've lost.  Fun is trash, utterly worthless (to those guys.)

There was a time when corrusion proccs were permanent...just dealing status did the trick...ya know how zephyrs tornados have changeable elements and deal status? That ability was frickin awesome back then...

But nah man. 6 second proccs to make status attractive...and they haven't released a strong status weapon ever since. Saryn can at least implement recent melee fixes/buffs into her playstyle and stay viable even then even wo cp but the endless scaling in this game is definitly a issue for debate.

On March 12, 2016 at 11:46 PM, Hellmaker2004 said:

Frost four skill deal 1500 + 400 damage that would equal 1900 cold damage. 

Saryn deals 350 x 3 and only needs to deal 50% of there health so add in another double damage for (350 x 3) x 2 for a total of 2100 corrosive damage per tick for three ticks without molt included and i would say that corrosive damage is slightly better than cold damage except against shields so tell me again how 1900 is more than 2100 dealt three times, faster sure but it is much higher.

I mean sure, his targets deal the 400 cold damage as shatters to everything in a 4.5 meter radius but not only does that damage only work if the targets die during there freeze period. But it also has diminishing damage the further away each target are from each other. 

Saryn is a Damage over time frame, it may not be the best design in a game where most mobs die instantly to our damage, but i find her kit to be working fine if you use all of her ability's and not only compare one skill to another. Maybe people need to stop comparing a frame that focuses on damage over time to direct damage frames and realize that her kit is all about dealing high damage to everything around her.

Damage over time? When faceing high level enemies Lol saryn when frost can freeze for a looooong time same for rhino stomp , mirage blind but saryn? No cc lol

On March 12, 2016 at 1:03 PM, (PS4)maelstromm15 said:

Frost ? Looooong freeze time when you need to pause the action same for rhino stomp but saryn ? Phone rings and saryn has no cc pause ability i.E. Guys i need to get a soda so Frost hits pause ability thats why no one wants saryn in looooong missions 

1 hour ago, (PS4)aiptekfanboy said:

Damage over time? When faceing high level enemies Lol saryn when frost can freeze for a looooong time same for rhino stomp , mirage blind but saryn? No cc lol

So in long run missions the only viable is 4x frame that all can permanently Crowd Control?

One of the problem i think this game have is how easy it is to lock down a map with frames.

Even so you can not possible see a group where one play as frost to provide protection and frozen foes, and another player plays the high damage dealer and therefore working together to cover two different areas?

Maybe they should change Saryn's Miasma Stun to a Panic status.

Enemies would just break down and claw their skin and continue melting down till they lose about 50% of their Armor

(4 Corrosive Procs. Cmon man, Banshee can make people naked already so Saryn Corrosion pls :3)

Then enemies that recover from the effect are more suspectable to further Toxin or Gas attacks which causes them to run away from Saryn. Lol.

On 3/12/2016 at 0:51 AM, (PS4)CoolD2108 said:

There was a time when corrusion proccs were permanent...just dealing status did the trick...ya know how zephyrs tornados have changeable elements and deal status? That ability was frickin awesome back then...

But nah man. 6 second proccs to make status attractive...and they haven't released a strong status weapon ever since. Saryn can at least implement recent melee fixes/buffs into her playstyle and stay viable even then even wo cp but the endless scaling in this game is definitly a issue for debate.

What?  Corrosive procs' effect is still permanent.  Viral was once permanent in two different ways and they were patched (though saryn gets limitless free Viral procs from spores anyway.)

Zephyr's nados don't proc very often for some reason, making them meh for both damage and debuffs.

9 minutes ago, RealPandemonium said:

What?  Corrosive procs' effect is still permanent.  Viral was once permanent in two different ways and they were patched (though saryn gets limitless free Viral procs from spores anyway.)

Zephyr's nados don't proc very often for some reason, making them meh for both damage and debuffs.

Huh, true that, the sources that gave me this information must've meant the 8 second dbuff in pvp..

Interresting.... and they should, even if they don't show it. Must be a result of the reduced range...

Why exactly did DE make them smaller then?... or did they give em range influence? Didn't try a max range build for a long time...

On ‎14‎/‎03‎/‎2016 at 7:13 PM, Gurpgork said:

Staticor, Lacera, Ninkondi, Mios, Lesion, Prisma Grakata... Just to name a few. 

Add Nikana Prime and Prisma dual Cleavers to that. Im serious. They are queens dealing slash status effects, since they are both crit and statu based.

Back in the day, around Update 8 and 9, when armor scaling was obscene, the highest damage one could do was the very low 1000s with a red crit 4 forma Paris. And then Damage 2.0 came in and it "made the game better" supposedly. Now we're dealing with 400k health enemies that are considered endgame. What kind of absurd inflation is this?

On 3/12/2016 at 7:31 PM, RealPandemonium said:

Well her miasma procs corrosive like 2 procs out of 1 cast at least in my build, you can use 4 cp and her damage is still crushing lvl 2000 enemies easily