Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Thousand Cuts=A Thousand Thank-yous to DE

ROSING

Yeah, I've been going through the event with Chroma (my tankiest frame without Fleeting Expertise) and a Redeemer, and it's been a blast. Already got three of the four mods, only missing the Rifle one, and I don't feel much incentive for such a low, low, low, low chance at the rare stuff. It's been a mixed bag, going through with random groups. On the one hand, if I get a good group with tank frames or efficiency builds, we do just fine. Other times, though, people are foolish enough to bring in squishy caster frames like Loki, Ember, Mirage, without the efficiency to use the skills that make them so good. So, those guys just get downed instantly, and trying to revive them usually gets me killed. 

I did the event with Rhino and Ack and brunt. Was a lot of fun. I'm confused as to people saying they pressed E alot, E is quick melee when rifle is equipped, for this event you had only a melee weapon, Do you not use lmb for attack and rmb for block in this case?

25 energy limitation made it more interesting for me, I didn't do any special alterations of my build and relied only on what I had available with that power range, which coincidentally was iron skin. Granted by the time you get to the final stage that isn't a lot of help but it did afford me a little breathing room. I hope they make a game mode out of this for normal game play, it was very entertaining.

2 hours ago, Deejudanne said:

What is this so called rare item you can get anyway? Thought it would be something funny like buzzkills or 2 formas

You can get Four Riders from the manics that spawn all the time.

2 hours ago, Postal_pat said:

To list a few:

• Orthros' range
  • Dual cleavers + body count
  • Inaros (permanent armour increase with a massive amount of health)
  • Narmon, Unairu
  • Ash (shuriken spam, invisibility, can build the combo counter fast and easily)
  • Loki (perma invisibility, draw enemies with clone and slide spam around it)
  • Valkyr (warcry + any decent weapon + body count)

For this event efficiency builds and body count just makes it trivial. As others have stated, this whole event was spam E and get hit by constant knock-downs because the enemies can't do anything else.

Pretty much. The only thing this event shows is how lacking melee is in anything besides pure damage output. So, thanks for that I guess, though most of us already knew it. 

9 minutes ago, -dicht.Amducias- said:

Damage output is a problem of melee too xD

Never felt is personally, especially with the newest banda..., I mean melee mods i.e. Blood Rush and Body Count. For me the problem always was locking us down in attack animations, doing fancy flips while Grineer Napalms unleash a hellish storm on us. Melee is suicide style, unless you rely on gimmicks like constant CC from abilities, Trinity, Valkyr, Naramon etc. Guns stand on their own, melee does not.  

It is actually pretty... stupid how much you can dominate the mobs in that event. I enjoyed it, but it is not something that challenging.

On the other side - has someone started to make an list of the drop table? So far Electric Dual Stats mods are sure drop, but I hope there is more to it than that.

1 hour ago, phoenix1992 said:

It is actually pretty... stupid how much you can dominate the mobs in that event. I enjoyed it, but it is not something that challenging.

On the other side - has someone started to make an list of the drop table? So far Electric Dual Stats mods are sure drop, but I hope there is more to it than that.

Built forma, each lens, exilus adapter, all dual stat electric mods and 5 r5 fusion cores. Apparently the lens, built forma and exilus adapter have >1% chance of dropping, so theres that.

1 minute ago, Sormatte said:

Built forma, each lens, exilus adapter, all dual stat electric mods and 5 r5 fusion cores. Apparently the lens, built forma and exilus adapter have >1% chance of dropping, so theres that.

This is actually pretty good, thank you for the reply.

8 hours ago, Postal_pat said:

To list a few:

• Orthros' range
  • Dual cleavers + body count
  • Inaros (permanent armour increase with a massive amount of health)
  • Narmon, Unairu
  • Ash (shuriken spam, invisibility, can build the combo counter fast and easily)
  • Loki (perma invisibility, draw enemies with clone and slide spam around it)
  • Valkyr (warcry + any decent weapon + body count)

For this event efficiency builds and body count just makes it trivial. As others have stated, this whole event was spam E and get hit by constant knock-downs because the enemies can't do anything else.

I guess we differ on what cheesing strategies are. My idea was just sitting around with an Ember prime or spamming a single ability without moving. All of those strategies involve at least moving around and using your melee weapon.

And if you wanted to dumb it down, sure, that's what melee is about, just moving around and pressing the melee button, and I get that's not some people's cup of tea. Past a certain level we all have to admit playing this game is nothing more than just pressing a bunch of buttons at the right moment, but in a way that's still entertaining for us. I had fun tho, and if ya didn't then there were other threads for that sentiment, tho of course you are welcome to post your opinions here.

Teshin mocks me for 'dulling' my blade due to negligence and then giving me a machete, one of the worst melee weapon, for completing the challenge??

Well Teshin, I will mock your challenge back by using my trusted non-sharp blunt weapon (HEIL JAT KITTAG!!!)to complete your challenge!!

Rollers staggering you and scorpions chain hooking you over and over? I dont know what you are talking bout (spin2win with mah JAT KITTAG)

p.s spin2win

11 hours ago, IceColdHawk said:

Actually my combo is Shift + CTRL + E, Shift + CTRL + E, Shift + CTRL + E, Shift + CTRL + E and so on...

Your argument is invalid!

Same, minus the shift, amass attack speed and spin! While listening to spin me right round

Edit:

Did Valk with handspring and constitution, armor, and hp mods, never fall down!

Edited by Bobveela

1 hour ago, CottonLioness said:

Teshin mocks me for 'dulling' my blade due to negligence and then giving me a machete, one of the worst melee weapon, for completing the challenge??

Well Teshin, I will mock your challenge back by using my trusted non-sharp blunt weapon (HEIL JAT KITTAG!!!)to complete your challenge!!

Rollers staggering you and scorpions chain hooking you over and over? I dont know what you are talking bout (spin2win with mah JAT KITTAG)

p.s spin2win

I couldnt stop imagine someone saying that on a jat kittag comercial.

"spin2win with JAT KITTAG! just 199,99."

16 hours ago, Deejudanne said:

What is this so called rare item you can get anyway? Thought it would be something funny like buzzkills or 2 formas

I got Shell Shock and Jolt, so I'm assuming that all four Electricity+Status mods are some of the rewards. That and tons of cores