Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Other players selling their accounts

Xayth

5 minutes ago, FeedingWolves said:

A lot of founders are sanctimonious narcissists. I find that many have established that there is only one way to play the game and its the way they play it, and no one else can possibly do better or know more than them.

The reason you don't often come across many respectful founders is that many of us use Council chat to make groups and friends, so we often stick with each other or play solely with clan-mates. It's a real downer, since back in the day there were a huge amount of us everywhere, but with our numbers dwindling you'll see more of that angry loud irritating minority than you'll have odds of meeting someone who just wants to have a nice day like everyone else.

so true

one thing is for sure, LOT of people here play this game on public like if they were solo

if i do not want to wait for a slow squad member, or if i want to take my time doing a mission, i must go on solo mode

6 minutes ago, texrei said:

I don't think it's fair when people who support this game spending money on it are not able to be part of this first elite community that DC is. Just because they joined too late. I don't think it's fair and any useful that DC-accounts are getting dusty and wasted because people don't want to play anymore. We were talking about idea, not reality (i understand how little guarantees there are and how easy people can cheat)

i'm an hunter founder as you can see, and the thing i would like to see is DE giving access to design council to hunter and disciple founders, instead of giving random invites to people that will probably leave the game after a while

i have 5.500 hours in mission, and i am not yet to leave this freaking awesome game, even if it change drastically as it did by the past

4 minutes ago, FeedingWolves said:

If you don't see why hurting DE, the DEVELOPERS of the game, the ones spending their funds and time on keeping it alive and in existence is a bad thing, then I don't think any of us can help you understand.

There is still nothing to see. The accounts market is so tiny compare to the giant community that it really can't do anything significantly bad. And tell me please, what should a man do if he enjoys the game, loves it with passion, isn't a founder but wants to be badly? And there is someone who has a free account that he doesn't need anymore. Leave all as is? And i think this two persons should help each other for the name of justice (and happiness). Even with money involved.

7 minutes ago, ShinoKami007 said:

i'm an hunter founder as you can see, and the thing i would like to see is DE giving access to design council to hunter and disciple founders, instead of giving random invites to people that will probably leave the game after a while

If i could buy an access to this tasty features, i would pay.

1 hour ago, texrei said:

So you don't like when people are able to buy accounts. Why? How does it influence your game?

Personally i think a lot of rules are stupid, pointless and could be ignored without any harm to anyone.

I would guess that the main reason why (developer-side) was already mentioned: It's easily turned into a scam. Someone can sell their account to someone else for real money, then put in a support ticket for "Whoops I forgot what I changed my password to" and then get their account back. The poor sucker buying the account is left without a refund, and even if they contact support will likely be told "We do not support the transfer of account ownership". There is doubtfully any official legal agreement between the two players for the exchange. How would support have proof that money was exchanged?

DE tells players not to do it so that these types of problems don't arise. And I don't blame them for holding to the policy.

10 minutes ago, texrei said:

There is still nothing to see. The accounts market is so tiny compare to the giant community that it really can't do anything significantly bad. And tell me please, what should a man do if he enjoys the game, loves it with passion, isn't a founder but wants to be badly? And there is someone who has a free account that he doesn't need anymore. Leave all as is? And i think this two persons should help each other for the name of justice (and happiness). Even with money involved.

If you got scammed from it, what do you do?

If it's between friends, "Hey, I'll give you my account since this is not my type of game and you really enjoy it", it's close to the case you're presenting but the internet is not a place where everyone is a trusted source. The seller himself might have just stolen someone else's account in the first place and your purchasing is making you a scapegoat.

It's better to avoid these kind of things completely by not allowing it and shutting down all possible transactions ASAP because it creates a whole avenue of problems where people are selling stolen accounts and then getting them back to make easy money off a naive person, etc. End of the day, where are people going to turn to? They'll go to DE regardless of whose fault it is and DE can't do anything to help anyone because all these transactions are under the table and they have no official records. They can ignore them and give an automated response, but what of those who actually got their account details stolen?

1 hour ago, texrei said:

It's to do with the fact that the 'new' person would not really spend any money on the game as they would have bought pretty much everything off of the person selling the account. If they would start from scratch then they would more than likely spend money on the game, especially considering how much they would have been willing to pay for an old account. DE need cash to eat/pay bills/keep servers alive.

And you aren't really missing out on much from the design council, not what I would call 'tasty' features.

I always appreciate when someone nicely takes care to make things clear to me, so thank you for your points, they'r taken.

I see the biggest issue in making founders access unique and special. I think this is the main (the only?) reason why people want accounts traffic. I don't think newbies would like to risk, spending money to some not trusted person for some shady purposes. So i believe this people are experienced players who have got all game content and feel missing the founders stuff that is not available anymore.

Although DE said they'll never bring it back, i hope they can change their mind. Because what's better: to get some money from many people who want it or not to get? Yes, this is another point i've missed.