The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mag? Good or bad?

Darth-Buldge

Question

1 minute ago, Fluttershy750 said:

Theres only one type of mag i know of. anti corpus shield polarize devestator. but that build is completely useless against non corpus. she seems useless against non corpus

She can still permanently ragdoll enemies and restore ally shields, which is something that is apparently easy for people to forget.

She is not useless by any means. There's just a lot of better options.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Bad build, unranked reguvination in aura maxed redirection and then damaged unranked intensify, flow, and streamline. (Friends build not mine i know how to play this game)

that build is really bad but you didnt really answer

1 minute ago, jopos15 said:

that build is really bad but you didnt really answer

Theres only one type of mag i know of. anti corpus shield polarize devestator. but that build is completely useless against non corpus. she seems useless against non corpus

hmmmm....Mag? 

OT: Mag is a strong starter frame because pull does a surprisingly good amount of damage in low level regardless of faction, also the CC is really good in general, not like Nyx or Vauban levels but still nothing to sneeze at. Shes also really helpful for getting rhino (imo the 2nd frame any noob should get) because he is on Venus and corpus are naturally weak to mag. So id say yes, but out of the starters, I think Excalibur is objectively the best now.

2 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

She can still permanently ragdoll enemies and restore ally shields, which is something that is apparently easy for people to forget.

She is not useless by any means. There's just a lot of better options.

Thats all i needed to hear

Just now, ShaneKahnnigan17 said:

Mag is a valid frame. Everyone is, you only need to know how to play them effectively.

Oh yes, they're all valid. But that doesn't mean some of them aren't underpowered, clunky or completely flawed. Mag is at least one of these things.

Thats all i needed to hear

Also, Bullet Attractor can be surprisingly useful. It looks awful, it has almost no actual feedback as to how many projectiles get sucked into it (something Absorb does at least somewhat functionally), I always forget to use it and it never seems effective when I do, but still. It's there.

Just now, AdunSaveMe said:

Oh yes, they're all valid. But that doesn't mean some of them aren't underpowered, clunky or completely flawed. Mag is at least one of these things.

Yes, of course. I am not a mag user by any means, I'm one of the rare exemplars of Chroma Main.

Just now, ShaneKahnnigan17 said:

Yes, of course. I am not a mag user by any means, I'm one of the rare exemplars of Chroma Main.

Well at least you didn't imply people just dislike her cus they can't play her. Like some certain Zephyr and Banshee worshipers I know.

15 minutes ago, Fluttershy750 said:

Ok, is mag a good idea for ones first frame?

Yes.  Mag is a good first frame with cheap CC in her first power that still does enough damage against the early enemies.

Is mag prime the best prime?

Uhhh... Maybe? No? Depends on what you want that Prime to do but some of the newer Primes have such ridiculous energy pool that I think she is a bit overshadowed.  this might change soon though with the upcoming rework that will hopefully give her some interesting passive at least.

Is mag good against anything not corpus?

Yes.  Shield Polarise can still be used defensively and offensively against Corrupted too.  Bullet Attractor is handy against Sentients.  Fracturing Crush reduces armour and locks melee enemies in place so that augment opens her up against other factions.

Is mag a mag?

Is a cat a cat?  Yes? By definition...

Why does mag feel like shes useless after G-mag died?

Because you didn't know how use Mag before Greedy Pull?

5 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Worry not Tenno, hopefully this Friday Scott/Rebbeca will showcase her rework LIVE!

Also, this will hopefully mean I'll use her at last :P

I hope it's good. There hasn't been a rework that made a frame less fun so far, but there's a first time for everything.

14 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Also, Bullet Attractor can be surprisingly useful. It looks awful, it has almost no actual feedback as to how many projectiles get sucked into it (something Absorb does at least somewhat functionally), I always forget to use it and it never seems effective when I do, but still. It's there.

It works very well with explosive weapons (especially the kulstar) but if you build for it (range and duration) you make her other ability a lot less effective

28 minutes ago, (PS4)GamerCat535 said:

When modded for efficiency, Mag is EXTREMELY good in my opinion.  Her pull is capable of flinging any level of any amount of enemies everywhere.  And crush is really good as a CC and as always...Shield Polarize is healing for shields.

just put alot of eff and range and spam sp

5 minutes ago, khydhy said:

It works very well with explosive weapons (especially the kulstar) but if you build for it (range and duration) you make her other ability a lot less effective

I'm not sure BA needs range.  I'm happy enough with it's basic size.  Duration is handy depending on how you are using it but that can work well with a Fracturing Crush build as that augment uses duration.  Power strength is still what I consider important on Mag and it boosts the damage multiplier from BA, making duration less important as things in it die from the ~4x damage multiplier and focussed fire before the time runs out anyway.

3 minutes ago, Katinka said:

I'm not sure BA needs range.  I'm happy enough with it's basic size.  Duration is handy depending on how you are using it but that can work well with a Fracturing Crush build as that augment uses duration.  Power strength is still what I consider important on Mag and it boosts the damage multiplier from BA, making duration less important as things in it die from the ~4x damage multiplier and focussed fire before the time runs out anyway.

Range makes BA a really good defensive ability, less useful in large open tile but can still be a lifesaver

Everything varies with preference but PERSONALLY I like Mag. Yes, she shines as a nuke in high level corpus missions but once I dropped into an infested mission to farm stuff as Mag with my friends (I forgot it was dark sector).

"Wait guys I got this I swear-"

//spams pull whole mission, ragdolls everything to Nekros.

Efficiency with Mag really is your best friend.

53 minutes ago, khydhy said:

All her abilities use range, but that is the only one with duration. 

Its very useful for singling out eximus or other high priority targets, and letting you use wildly inaccurate weapons at range.  I seem to remember using BA and a shotgun to eviscerate things at significant range (you still have fall-off, but any pellet that hits the giant bubble redirects to your target). 

Problem being that the explosion on death isn't very useful, so its generally worthless for dealing with the hordes Warframe throws at you. 

59 minutes ago, Katinka said:

Yes.  Mag is a good first frame with cheap CC in her first power that still does enough damage against the early enemies.

Uhhh... Maybe? No? Depends on what you want that Prime to do but some of the newer Primes have such ridiculous energy pool that I think she is a bit overshadowed.  this might change soon though with the upcoming rework that will hopefully give her some interesting passive at least.

Yes.  Shield Polarise can still be used defensively and offensively against Corrupted too.  Bullet Attractor is handy against Sentients.  Fracturing Crush reduces armour and locks melee enemies in place so that augment opens her up against other factions.

Is a cat a cat?  Yes? By definition...

Because you didn't know how use Mag before Greedy Pull?

I think those are straight foward anwsers to your questions, especially the last one..
Mag worst performance its against infested, she's not very good for long runs... Modded correctly you can step on any mission and complete it (like almost every warframe).. and provide utility for the team such as debuffs and cc.. Every frame if you take time playing it and building it for different situations can be your main and perform well.