Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So there s one thing that really bothers me about Warframes

thegamer118

So, you see before The Second dream, we used to be silent protagonist, and i am all up for that when it s justified or something, but then The Second dream went out and now we have our Operator/little cute kid that can speak and and everything
But then some time ago we had the Shadow debt event, and in that event they were other tennos, warframes, and for some reason they could speak, and i don t mean we had their operator go and talk to us no, we had only the Warframe itself talk to us

And so it got me thinking, "why the F*** do we not speak directly from our Warframes in the first place anyway, and why didn t we from the beginning ?"

Someone tried to argue "but Valkyr speaks(/screams)" but first off she s the only one, and second she doesn t do anythingg else, she doesn t say any complicated lines with tons of verbs and words, so personnally i don t believe it counts, and even if we considered that talking, why the F*** do the other Warframe say nothing then, and i believe almost none of the npcs pointed that out,and even the Stalker can speak too!! If we are to be silent protagonist i wish for a reason for that because now there s literally no reason our warframe doesn t speak For either themselves or our operator expresses themselves through them

I really desire a reason for the Warframes being mute

I don't think they're mute. They don't talk a lot, but there's a fair bit of evidence to suggest they can talk--Valkyr, Rhino, and Banshee all have voices effects in some of their powers, and there are dialogue prompts for Darvo, Simaris, and other relay NPCs, which by necessity would have to come from your warframe.

Edited by NinthAria

We weren't ever silent per se. One of the earlier trailers shows that we can communicate in some way with other Warframes. They don't mutter a word but they still coordinate accordingly. Then again, they could be communicating with the Tenno directly, as does everyone else, not the suit itself.

4 minutes ago, (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly said:

And, that's... Your choice? 

what i m saying is why do the Warframes don t say something like everybody in the Warframe universe do, why can the Stalker talk to us or anyone else and not the Warframe, i want to hear words, phrases, coming from our Warframes

Edited by thegamer118

Just now, thegamer118 said:

what i m saying is why do the Warframes don t say something like everybody in the Warframe universe do, why can the Stalker talk to us or anyone else not the Warframe, i want to hear words, phrases, coming from our Warframes

Short answer: they want you to imagine whatever voice you want for your Warframe(s). Or something like that.

Just now, (XB1)A Frikn Grizzly said:

Short answer: they want you to imagine whatever voice you want for your Warframe(s). Or something like that.

i want an ingame reasons, is it because of the Warfrmes itself being a suit ? is it because the body inside the Warframe is mute ? There is no real reason for the Warframes to act like mutes

1 minute ago, thegamer118 said:

i want an ingame reasons, is it because of the Warfrmes itself being a suit ? is it because the body inside the Warframe is mute ? There is no real reason for the Warframes to act like mutes

Telepathy? similar to how most games have their way of talking similar to pokemon or something old like chrono trigger?

However there is undertale which gives you options to speak and well, you "speak."

Edited by Magnulast
Adding more information that was lacking.

1 minute ago, thegamer118 said:

Until they explain it with lore, I believe they took a vow of silence. Like Snake Eyes, he can talk, he just doesn't.

1 minute ago, (XB1)BURRITO DEVIL said:

BECAUSE WE DONT KNOW IF THEY´RE ALIVE OR NOT,is it that hard to understand?

excuse me ? you ve never mentioned anything related to "alive or dead", and we are talking about the Warframe universe, how can anyone know if death stops anyone from talking, especially for Warframes

It's hard to criticise this point too thoroughly without a precise knowledge of the nature of Stalker and his Acolytes. We simply have no idea how fundamentally different they are from us.

That being said, it's possible that the voices are simply a 'transmission' from their Operators, and their image shows their Warframes because who-the-hell-knows-how-our-radios-work.

the story on the warframes themselves hasnt been fully fleshed out yet, but i think theyre a combination of organics and machinery... the organics i believe came from something that's more likely to chew on your face than engage in any sort of verbal intercourse.