Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So there s one thing that really bothers me about Warframes

thegamer118

Just now, Thural said:

it was the arcane thingy or something, right?

What I think is that Chroma used the arcane machine to communicate with us somehow. Because as far as I remember all we could see was static while "They" were talking

Tbh, unless they come up with some massively better dialogue than the Tenno have, I don't want my Warframe to talk... ever.

"I am strong!"

"Did you learn from this skirmish?"

"This place is really big."

"This will be easier if they don't see me."

Yeah... no thanks. Warframes are currently silent and maybe partially telepathic. That is neat and good enough for me. Not everything needs to speak.

13 minutes ago, Silvus-Sol said:

Tbh, unless they come up with some massively better dialogue than the Tenno have, I don't want my Warframe to talk... ever.

"I am strong!"

"Did you learn from this skirmish?"

"This place is really big."

"This will be easier if they don't see me."

Yeah... no thanks. Warframes are currently silent and maybe partially telepathic. That is neat and good enough for me. Not everything needs to speak.

It's better if they're silent, really. It gives them character, makes them seem cooler.

1 hour ago, thegamer118 said:

Wait wait wait i ve got it, see the Stalker as a custom warframe, but a warframe none the less, and yet, in the second dream cinematic he managed to talk with Hunhow, now explain to me how he did it, and why we can t do it

I'll give you that one. I'd forgotten about that cinematic, but I do have a theory.

Tenno are infused with Void energy and survived due to possible genetic effects from an ancestor affected by technocyte (Hayden Tenno if it was canon). Transference allows the Tenno to communicate/control the Warframes (probably through whatever "eyeless" and "heartless" being is within) which are specifically designed to focus and enhance certain powers. Depending on the chronology Transference could be something that was developed after a first line of experimental Tenno with Warframes built as actual suits around them. (One of Ballas' quotes, "...it's about the other rejects we consigned to Lua a few years ago. They're calling it... Transference.")

From Stalker's Codex entry we know that he is a low Guardian and not one of the Tenno, so he probably wouldn't have Void energy naturally and be capable of Transference. It's possible he acquired a Warframe suit, put it on, and exposed himself to Void energy while wearing the suit (similar to the whole Bruce Banner and gamma rays thing). He uses a modified Excalibur frame which (depending on the development process of Warframes and how they're modified) could be seen as the starting point for all of them which could be how Stalker has control of multiple Warframe powers.

As for what's inside the suit for Tenno using Transference. Well, we don't know for sure, but Alad V refers to it not making sense and being "eyeless". Many of Tyl Regor's quotes refer to us as lizards. Cephalon Sark in PVP refers to the player as a "fish thing" and keeps it up with fish references, but that could just be some glitchy Cephalon stuff going on.

7 minutes ago, FunkadelicMayhem said:

Full Definition of acolyte

1. 1 :  one who assists a member of the clergy in a liturgical service by performing minor duties

2. 2 :  one who attends or assists :  follower

Has nothing to do with not being in a frame.

...What? What is the point of your comment? They're called Acolytes. The Acolytes do not have Warframes, that's why I pointed out what they were. OP called them tennos and Warframes, which is wrong, hence my response clarifying what they actually were. The definition of their name is irrelevant in this conversation.

25 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

...What? What is the point of your comment? They're called Acolytes. The Acolytes do not have Warframes, that's why I pointed out what they were. OP called them tennos and Warframes, which is wrong, hence my response clarifying what they actually were. The definition of their name is irrelevant in this conversation.

They are stalker ac·o·lytes (clap the syllables together if you need to).... look at the meaning of the word.. then say it and clap it out again...... MY FRACKING GOD, what to they teach in school nowadays?

What ever they ARE. They ARE in a frame of some sort. Just like the stalker is in a frame.

again....

acolyte

Also found in: Thesaurus, Legal, Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.

ac·o·lyte

(ăk′ə-līt′)
n.
1. A person who assists the celebrant in the performance of liturgical rites.
2. A devoted follower or attendant.
any attendant, assistant, or follower.
Edited by FunkadelicMayhem

5 minutes ago, FunkadelicMayhem said:

They are stalker ac·o·lytes (clap the syllables together if you need to).... look at the meaning of the word.. then say it and clap it out again...... MY FRACKING GOD, what to they teach in school nowadays?

What ever they ARE. They ARE in a frame of some sort. Just like the stalker is in a frame.

Congratulations, you're still completely missing the fact that your comment is irrelevant and you can't seem to grasp the concept of what I'm saying.

I'll just leave you to shout condescending drive at the screen. Maybe you'll get the point one day.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

Just now, AdunSaveMe said:

Congratulations, you're still completely missing the fact that your comment is irrelevant and you can't seem to grasp the concept of what I'm saying.

I'll just leave you to shout condescending drive at the screen. Maybe you'll get the point one day.

LOL you said:

"Those aren't Warframes. They're Acolytes. "

If you...

oh nvm... its over your head anyways. Bet you know what celebrity's had for lunch today, the tree of their failed mirages or whats trending on twitter. LOL

3 hours ago, thegamer118 said:

i want an ingame reasons, is it because of the Warfrmes itself being a suit ? is it because the body inside the Warframe is mute ? There is no real reason for the Warframes to act like mutes

Here's an in-game reason: There are 29 Warframes in the game, that means DE would need to find and hire/pay 29 different people just to say a few lines. I highly doubt DE has the time and/or money for that. Also, as other people have mentioned, telepathy is likely how the Tenno communicated with eachother (text/voice chat can be the reason why you don't hear anything), which is both supported by and applied to the Stalker, as only his target can hear him ramble on. Something that also supports this is how the whole squad can hear G3 and Hunter when they spawn, while the Stalker is still limited to his target.

7 minutes ago, ChickenLover42 said:

Here's an in-game reason: There are 29 Warframes in the game, that means DE would need to find and hire/pay 29 different people just to say a few lines.

I can do at least 29 different voices. Ill do it for plat or some exclusive in game item, nothing but my voice in the game, or what ever they want to throw at contest winners. Im sure they can have a contest and pay a plat amount for winners to do community voices. They did it for the Liset coms channel. Shoooot, tell an already loving community they can have their voice in the game.... people are going to slipping and sliding all over the place for a long time to "come"

16 minutes ago, FunkadelicMayhem said:

LOL you said:

"Those aren't Warframes. They're Acolytes. "

If you...

oh nvm... its over your head anyways. Bet you know what celebrity's had for lunch today, the tree of their failed mirages or whats trending on twitter. LOL

Holy hell. How can you be this thick? If you can't even get the basic point of what I was originally saying, don't bother.

In case you still haven't figured it out, Acolyte is used as a proper noun. The definition of the word is irrelevant in the context.

Edited by AdunSaveMe

1 hour ago, Terrorist939 said:

What I think is that Chroma used the arcane machine to communicate with us somehow. Because as far as I remember all we could see was static while "They" were talking

It's implied that it was a Sentient message. Who else calls the void a womb in the sky?

5 minutes ago, FunkadelicMayhem said:

I can do at least 29 different voices. Ill do it for plat or some exclusive in game item, nothing but my voice in the game, or what ever they want to throw at contest winners. Im sure they can have a contest and pay a plat amount for winners to do community voices. They did it for the Liset coms channel. Shoooot, tell an already loving community they can have their voice in the game.... people are going to slipping and sliding all over the place for a long time to "come"

How to make people quit the game: a detailed guide

5 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

Holy hell. How can you be this thick? If you can't even get the basic point of what I was originally saying, don't bother.

In case you still haven't figured it out, Acolyte is used as a proper noun. The definition of the word is irrelevant in the context.

you need to learn context. I know its not taught in schools nowadays. I responded to a post of yours. I quoted your post and made my comment. You are the one who is refusing to comprehend whats going on.

YES the definition of a word if vital to any context! Otherwise we would all be running around blurping and bleeping instead of using REAL WORDS that have ACTUAL MEANING.

basically what you want is this...

bleepblurpblopneepnurpdurrrrppp : that means what i want it to...

Just now, FunkadelicMayhem said:

you need to learn context. I know its not taught in schools nowadays. I responded to a post of yours. I quoted your post and made my comment. You are the one who is refusing to comprehend whats going on.

Keep telling yourself that.

3 minutes ago, AdunSaveMe said:

It's implied that it was a Sentient message. Who else calls the void a womb in the sky?

How to make people quit the game: a detailed guide

no one quit the game when they did it for all the coms you hear from the communicator in your ship.. LOL

Yes most of that is fan voices, not only fan voices fan scripts.

1 minute ago, FunkadelicMayhem said:

no one quit the game when they did it for all the coms you hear from the communicator in your ship.. LOL

Yes most of that is fan voices, not only fan voices fan scripts.

Because the comms in the ship were meaningless and you could turn them off. The Warframes kinda have the silence as part of their character. Giving them voices also carries the same sort of expectation and disappointment as revealing their faces.

Bit different to garbled one-liners in a ship.

3 minutes ago, FunkadelicMayhem said:

Well, first, I doubt you can do voices for all 29 frames, which include but are not limited to: A pirate, a cowgirl, a dragon, a huntress, a mummy, and a paladin, all of which need to sound and be distinct and NOT sound like the same person. Also, a contest for the community to voice a warframe will likely result in poor and low quality voice acting for most frames. Sure, there'll be some diamonds in the rough, but there certainly wouldn't be enough to finish the crown.

1 minute ago, ChickenLover42 said:

Well, first, I doubt you can do voices for all 29 frames, which include but are not limited to: A pirate, a cowgirl, a dragon, a huntress, a mummy, and a paladin, all of which need to sound and be distinct and NOT sound like the same person. Also, a contest for the community to voice a warframe will likely result in poor and low quality voice acting for most frames. Sure, there'll be some diamonds in the rough, but there certainly wouldn't be enough to finish the crown.

1st of all they would never choose 29 from the same person.

2nd: There are voice editing software.

3rd of all it does not matter because YOU CAN TURN OFF the operators voice as well. LMFAO!

10 minutes ago, FunkadelicMayhem said:

1st of all they would never choose 29 from the same person.

2nd: There are voice editing software.

3rd of all it does not matter because YOU CAN TURN OFF the operators voice as well. LMFAO!

1st: I was refering to your opening statemeant "I can do at least 29 different voices." which, seeing how I said 29 frames is too much to give voices to, suggests that you believed you could voice all 29 frames. Whether you meant it or not, context did point to that conclusion.

2nd: Sure, that can help. But even so, they'd just be polishing a turd, not turning it into gold.

3rd: Since the voice would only be there for a few lines during dialogue choices that you don't really have to ever come back to again at a certain point, the option to turn off frame voices would just be another waste of time in the end. But, in addition to that, why the hell would you spawn a debate/discussion about this specific sunject/situation if you believe it doesn't matter?

The acolytes are not controlling their warframes through a somatic link, only tenno exposed to void energy can do that, and if you paid attention during shadow dept, you'd know the acolytes are members of the other factions.