The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Why does the lotus have cleavage? (second dream spoilers)

someguy216

I think it's okay.Sexualization is kind of a trend nowadays.I don't say it's normal, only that it is acceptable in a game like this.I'm sure many teenagers play it,and even older players like that kind of scence.BTW DE good job, you made a great MILF :D.

Does it really matter? There's Corpus extorting millions of credits from millions of people, there's the Grineer either killing or enslaving anyone they come across, and there's the Infested trying to consume and assimilate everything. And there's the Sentients now too, wanting to burn everything to the ground.

I don't have time to look at or worry about Spacemom's dress. I've got more important things to do.

8 minutes ago, Archeyef said:

Does it really matter? There's Corpus extorting millions of credits from millions of people, there's the Grineer either killing or enslaving anyone they come across, and there's the Infested trying to consume and assimilate everything. And there's the Sentients now too, wanting to burn everything to the ground.

I don't have time to look at or worry about Spacemom's dress. I've got more important things to do.

But....boobs.....

It always amuses me the types of topics that get hundreds of replies within hours of its inception. A discussion about breasts (sorry I mean boobies!) being top of the list doesn't surprise me at all.

If the cinematics team had given her small breasts there'd be a 500 page thread about why the Lotus' breasts were so small.

Just now, (PS4)PillarOfWar said:

Why do warframes have breast? I mean I don't mind it but things are pointing that they are robots without a human inside of them so why have breast? 

the same reason asaultrons have breasts too

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/fallout/images/2/23/Assaultron_dominator.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20151209121755

35 minutes ago, CoRRh said:

I'm on the side of it being a symbol of being a mother. She is space mom and takes care of us. Besides that, I think the theory of her possessing Margulis' body is neat, as she was the original mother figure. 

I realy feel sorry for everyone who looks at boobs and sees thier moms.

4 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

I realy feel sorry for everyone who looks at boobs and sees thier moms.

I giggled.

See, there's a neat little thing called milk inside of them. When a baby consumes this milk, it gives them some important little things called nutrients. There have even been studies that have shown that a baby with a diet of breast milk and no formula mentally developed better than those that had diets consisting of formula milk. Additionally, breasts have been seen as a symbol of motherhood and fertility for quite a long time (back to ancient times). Need sources? Do a little research on the Goddess Astarte, and then some research on basic anatomy. 

4 minutes ago, CoRRh said:

I giggled.

See, there's a neat little thing called milk inside of them. When a baby consumes this milk, it gives them some important little things called nutrients. There have even been studies that have shown that a baby with a diet of breast milk and no formula mentally developed better than those that had diets consisting of formula milk. Additionally, breasts have been seen as a symbol of motherhood and fertility for quite a long time (back to ancient times). Need sources? Do a little research on the Goddess Astarte, and then some research on basic anatomy. 

What I wrote has nothing to do with any sort of denial of thier symbolism or bilogical properties. :D

3 hours ago, AntifaHooligan said:

This is great, I agree with most points. Just one little consideration:
A "sexualized" character doesn't necessarily mean they're "sexual". Don't worry, I'll explain. A sexual character is by definition sexually active in some way, it is a character who's sexuality is an active part of their existence (and this is not a bad thing on itself). Sexualized characters are those that may trigger sexual reactions, intentionally or not, on other characters or OOC (and this isn't bad either). And both of these are not always connected. You can have sexual characters that are not sexualized and vice-versa (props for mentioning Maya by the way <3 )
Is Lotus a sexual character? Not at all. Is she sexualized? Slightly, yes she is. Maybe it wasn't intended as fanservice by the developers (I'd like to think not, considering Warframe's history on the subject), but as you can see from the replies on this thread, cleavage is automatically associated with sexual characters (blame society and it's expectations on feminine bodies) even if it really has nothing to do with it and is nothing more than a fashion thing. Here enters the whole conversation about wearing the clothes that you like, and how that shouldn't be tied to certain sexual expectancies and connotations, but I digress.
In the end, I think Lotus looks absolutely badass, and her cleavage does fit her aesthetic even if it doesn't really fit Warframe's. 

Go space mother! ^-^

I think for the most part it's like you say; design intent and audience reaction will largely make the debate, rather than just being acknowledged as is and moved on from. Personally the real issue is just making sure that it makes sense for a given character to be dressed in a given way, as a general rule. The clothes we wear make statements, even if we are ignorant of what those statements may be.

Albeit I will concede that I lack the capability to fully 'get' the issue outside of cross referencing a dictionary and debating the accuracy of the word by that. Far as I'm concerned Warframe's always been pretty open about acknowledging the human form in various amounts of accentuation, be it in the Warframes or the seemingly universal space-dex get up everyone is wearing, and Lotus seems to fall within that. Could be any number of things and whilst I get both sides, it's just...so much easier to shrug and get back to the important things, like performing experiments on that Infestation issue on the Orbiter.

3 hours ago, Skycook3y said:

>The Mary Sue
pls no

Other than that I agree though. Also somebody explain to me how Maya dresses sexily.

I apologise, just first things that came to mind for 'attire does not in anyway indicate sexuality' examples.

Someone else can take the explanation thing though. Literally cannot help you there. Just a lady in yellow far as I see, move along~

5 minutes ago, Deshiel said:

What I wrote has nothing to do with any sort of denial of thier symbolism or bilogical properties. :D

I see. Sorry ;P Just seems like most people in this thread are against it for some pretty childish reasons. I don't think DE made someone like Lotus to be something sexualized, but rather something that is supposed to symbolize love (not necessarily in a romantic sense) and compassion in an otherwise bleak universe. The cleavage is just a small part of her overall theme of a mother.

Edited by CoRRh

1 minute ago, CoRRh said:

I see. Sorry ;P Just seems like most people in this thread are against it for some pretty childish reasons. I don't think DE put something like Lotus to be something sexualized, but rather something that is supposed to symbolize love (not necessarily in a romantic sense) and compassion in an otherwise bleak universe. The cleavage is just a small part of her overall theme of a mother.

Pretty much every female in the game has wide hips and round &amp;#&#33;. So given that everything else was pretty much oversexualised, its hard to think that the Lotus was not.