The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Rhino is,,,,,,,.slow

dodorichard

Question

Rhino Prime, Sprint Aura, Rush, Armored Agility and (if available) Arcane Vanguard. With their powers combined, you create Bacon Prime, which can dash through an area like a champ.

If you're into running.

However, my Ivara can move almost as fast while prowling by comboing a double jump into a roll. It's all about knowing your tools and using them effectively to cover large areas quickly.

Same for Nezha. You can give him all the speed mods you want, but you will still move waaaay faster by sliding, especially with Maglev and whatever else increases slide speed and reduces friction. In fact, Nezha shouldn't even bullet-jump, since he loses in speed massively, due to how bullet jump is only affected by those specific mods, not gaining bonuses from normal movement speed mods.

1 hour ago, dodorichard said:

i have to admit I am not very good at it, but I do but need to get better at it. 

Wish there was a place I could practice these skills, always feel bad when I am the last one to show up at a party.

I would suggest either your dojo (If available) the simulacrum (If available), the parkour 2.0 tutorial (Available in your codex and can be played multiple times), a relay or a low level exterminate mission set on Solo (Kill all enemies and use the rest of the time to simply practice your bullet jumping without being shot at).

Yeah if you really like to use him alot maybe invest in the arcane vanguard helmet. It adds a flat +25% speed to him. This alone makes him quicker then most other frames in the game at base. If you add in rush and armored agility he goes turbo mode.

The helmet will set you back a bit and i will warn you, if you love him and use cosmetics like his skin that the helmet will not allow you to equip the skin on top of it and will unequip the helmet. You look really cool on the body but with his vanguard helmet it looks hysterically awful compared to the full rhino armored knight look. 

4 hours ago, Gelkor said:

Just keep practicing at bullet jump/double jump/roll comboing, I can outpace speedy frames in a Frost, which is even slower than Rhino Prime. 

You also forgot Sprint>slide>immediate roll and Bullet Jump>aimglide tap>roll for low ceiling areas

Parkour 2.0.

I use slide -> horizontal bullet jump -> slide for mobility, outruns my teammates all the time with any frame, and i've never used rush or armored agility on anything other than my obstacle course loki. You can throw aim glide and rolling for extra distance as well, and you can turn mid-slide via cancelling the slide and moving your cam, and turn mid-jump via double jump.

You can test it out in any large tiles, dojo, or simulacrum.

Edited by Jack0Corvus
mod clearance

i main rhino p... equip rush and armored agility and he keeps up with most other frames... especially if you run with iron skin (or gold skin) and you run through mobs or lasers. 

he's not as fast as my nova p, but he's pretty quick.  I usually get to the extract point first or second on cap missions