The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

DDOS attacks still going on?

Mabitude

Question

Hmm ok so... This is my first own post here on the Warframe Forums. Hard to find a suitable topic for this but help me otherwise.

I´ve frequently kept track on people commenting they´re having trouble, getting kicked from the game frequently and the game doesn´t save any progress after an mission. The DDOS attacks seemingly started last week on Thursday, but the problems started to appear more frequently on Friday, when Baro arrives. Rumors were then, that people did want the slash set, and especielly Buzz Kill, to still be on inflation. I mean, 2500 platinum for a single slash mod. Pretty ridiculous. But people want big profit... they don´t want their super rare mods to not be worth anything. So yeah, it is an rumor that somebody didn´t want people to buy the slash set from Baro. If it´s true I don´t know, but from my own thought, it seems to be the most true case.

So... the attacks keeps on the whole weekend. On Monday it has finally stopped. But now, today. The DDOS attacks are back. I really think DE need to get better servers. I don´t have so much knowledge behind the process of a game and its servers, but I think the servers became damaged after our latest attack

While this is only what I have read, and not seen. I could be wrong. But I wanted to ensure myself that the attacks are gone before I start play Warframe again.

16 answers to this question

I'm pretty sure what you're experiencing is completely unrelated to DDoS attacks.

I haven't seen anything to stake that claim on my end of the servers... But I'll check real quick.

Edit: seems to be alright on my side... I'm pretty sure what you're experiencing may be related to your connection or perhaps some underlying issues.

If you keep having trouble, try contacting Support about your problems, they should be able to help relatively quickly.

Edited by AEP8FlyBoy

9 minutes ago, AEP8FlyBoy said:

I'm pretty sure what you're experiencing is completely unrelated to DDoS attacks.

I haven't seen anything to stake that claim on my end of the servers... But I'll check real quick.

Edit: seems to be alright on my side... I'm pretty sure what you're experiencing may be related to your connection or perhaps some underlying issues.

If you keep having trouble, try contacting Support about your problems, they should be able to help relatively quickly.

I´ll check that later tomorrow if "the coast is clear". Gotta sleep now.

Down at 1:40 in the morning. Still think its DE's server partners infrastructure update thats causing all of this. Honestly cant imagine a game that has a history of running so well on a variety of hardware having this much trouble at this scale.

1 hour ago, aydro said:

Down at 1:40 in the morning. Still think its DE's server partners infrastructure update thats causing all of this. Honestly cant imagine a game that has a history of running so well on a variety of hardware having this much trouble at this scale.

Could be. On Twitter, Warframe wrote 8 hours ago "Connectivity issues are being investigated. Apologies for the downtime, Tenno.". Later, they did an maintenance. But it was for console only.

Well if their intent was to keep buzzkill prices high they have failed so miserably it's funny. Prices before today were still hovering around 100ish, a VERY FAR fall from what it was. Granted you could wait a month or so and they would fluctuate very slowly back up. But now that hes back for a 2nd time, with us having 100% notice that he will be and a week to grind ducats to stock up...yeah

Last time i checked warframe market they were going for 20p. If this is truly what they are bent about they have failed as hard as they could lol.