Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

RIP competitive PvP. Dark Sectors will no longer have PvP according to dev stream 71.

-InV-igo95862

2 hours ago, (XB1)Lorewalker1022 said:

And so have we. You see the time off that our would be competitors might be preparing themselves is also time-off for us to continue to prepare and better ourselves. It makes no difference. We have the same about of time to prep as they do and vice versa. The point is mute.

The point isnt mute, in that while you may also be preparing, the number of people wanting your stuff has surely increased, and if they are prepared and all helping each other ( which would be the smart thing to do ) would level the playing field 

23 minutes ago, (PS4)sdaly96 said:

The point isnt mute, in that while you may also be preparing, the number of people wanting your stuff has surely increased, and if they are prepared and all helping each other ( which would be the smart thing to do ) would level the playing field 

Sure I agree, but the number of inter-alliances we've made and the steps we've made have also increased so once again time off is time to prepare for everyone.

19 minutes ago, (PS4)sdaly96 said:

Due to the severe trash talk that inevitably ensues

Trash talks exists in every game, every forum, every pvp. You can shut down this thread but another one will rise up in due time in its place. The only place you might find no trash talking is in a non-competitive group but then again where is the fun in that? :)

And with trash talking obviously you run the risk of it becoming more severe. It comes with the territory. For me, I'll entertain it any day of the week. I play enough pvp games to know that it'll always be there.

I know this is in conclave feedback but still.

Alliances and Clans be competitive through PvE.

Besides PvP wasn't supposed to be in this game in first place. The Dark sector PvP was kinda bad in general. So I think it just needs to be said.

If you really want competitive PvP. You should try game that is like CSGO in general. Warframe is not a game that is good PvP competitive. It requires way too much PC power. Also try joining a clan in TF2 so you can go highlander what is competitive PvP. Believe me. That game you can be good even with default weapons.

2 minutes ago, Revel72 said:

I know this is in conclave feedback but still.

Alliances and Clans be competitive through PvE.

Besides PvP wasn't supposed to be in this game in first place. The Dark sector PvP was kinda bad in general. So I think it just needs to be said.

If you really want competitive PvP. You should try game that is like CSGO in general. Warframe is not a game that is good PvP competitive. It requires way too much PC power. Also try joining a clan in TF2 so you can go highlander what is competitive PvP. Believe me. That game you can be good even with default weapons.

Believe me many of us play or have played many other PVP's. I enjoy all the other pvp's I played whether it by a game like SMITE or a game like Halo 5. Usually if it's pvp I'll enjoy it. Having said that we are here talking about warframe's pvp.

DE created it in update 13 I believe and you can't toss out the line and now try and retract it. I'm sure we all play plenty of other pvp's but I'm here on this forum to talk about this game's pvp and it's future. If DE wants to take it away we won't bow out quietly. Keep rails PVP. Keep rails competitive. Work on conclave and stop this nonsense with Lunaros.

1 minute ago, (XB1)Lorewalker1022 said:

Believe me many of us play or have played many other PVP's. I enjoy all the other pvp's I played whether it by a game like SMITE or a game like Halo 5. Usually if it's pvp I'll enjoy it. Having said that we are here talking about warframe's pvp.

DE created it in update 13 I believe and you can't toss out the line and now try and retract it. I'm sure we all play plenty of other pvp's but I'm here on this forum to talk about this game's pvp and it's future. If DE wants to take it away we won't bow out quietly. Keep rails PVP. Keep rails competitive. Work on conclave and stop this nonsense with Lunaros.

I played the conclave when it was released and god's how awful it was. And I can say even right now. Without testing the PvP at condition it is now. That it is awful. If you really want a good multiplayer PvP game. You shouldn't be playing Warframe.

I didn't say that it should be taken away. I just say that. It should be processed MUCH later. As the PvP doesn't really any kind of value in general to this game when it is considered heavily being PvE game more. Besides even if your alliance has a rail. It doesn't really give any benefit to them. If you have about more than 100 players that are active near every day and play about from 2 to 5 hours. They do much more than one solar rail can do. So why bother owning a solar rail if you need to defend it from others?

3 minutes ago, Revel72 said:

I played the conclave when it was released and god's how awful it was. And I can say even right now. Without testing the PvP at condition it is now. That it is awful. If you really want a good multiplayer PvP game. You shouldn't be playing Warframe.

I didn't say that it should be taken away. I just say that. It should be processed MUCH later. As the PvP doesn't really any kind of value in general to this game when it is considered heavily being PvE game more. Besides even if your alliance has a rail. It doesn't really give any benefit to them. If you have about more than 100 players that are active near every day and play about from 2 to 5 hours. They do much more than one solar rail can do. So why bother owning a solar rail if you need to defend it from others?

Because of the challenge. Fighting other alliances and clans is fun and challenging. It's much more interesting to many of us than the monotonous pve grind of just grind-walling each day away. Where is the joy in that? Especially for the guys who already have almost everything.

15 minutes ago, (XB1)Lorewalker1022 said:

The U13 rails weren't pvp

7 minutes ago, (XB1)Lorewalker1022 said:

Because of the challenge. Fighting other alliances and clans is fun and challenging. It's much more interesting to many of us than the monotonous pve grind of just grind-walling each day away. Where is the joy in that? Especially for the guys who already have almost everything.

I am not even close of having everything.

It is not a challenge. It would be more of mind bothering. Soon as you defended from first one. "Your solar rail is under attack" Player: "Oh great..." PvE grind yes is annoying but believe me. It is much more enjoyable than having to defend your solar rail everyday. So clan does much better if they just don't even bother with that stuff just minds their own business. I do like the competition but in form of trying to keep what you really want to keep is something what you just don't want to do.

As I said. You can much better without one as the solar rails pretty much doesn't provide really anything for your alliance or the clans inside of it.

Edited by Revel72

11 minutes ago, (XB1)Lorewalker1022 said:

Sorry. You're right. I meant u14. Either way the point is DE created it a while ago and now they can't just back track on it cause they feel like it. The line has been put out there too long.

It had flaws so they back tracked to fix it, they said from the start it would be subject to change, as with every part of the game 

22 minutes ago, Revel72 said:

We just like fighting people for territory. We don't ask our players to donate typically, we used our resources we got from rails to distribute among our clans. The rails made it so we didn't have to ask those "100 players that are active every day" for resources.

3 hours ago, Revel72 said:

I am not even close of having everything.

It is not a challenge. It would be more of mind bothering. Soon as you defended from first one. "Your solar rail is under attack" Player: "Oh great..." PvE grind yes is annoying but believe me. It is much more enjoyable than having to defend your solar rail everyday. So clan does much better if they just don't even bother with that stuff just minds their own business. I do like the competition but in form of trying to keep what you really want to keep is something what you just don't want to do.

As I said. You can much better without one as the solar rails pretty much doesn't provide really anything for your alliance or the clans inside of it.

Just to note I don't know how you can say PVP is not challenging lol. Playing against real players is always more challenging than grinding against NPCs...even ones that scale. The potential for unpredicatability against real players is just so much higher. There is absolutely no argument there. The only thing Warframe NPCs can do is scale in level. Second of all of course you would find PVE more enjoyable as you just said you don't enjoy PVP and you aren't even close to having everything. Obviously you still have a lot of enjoyment to be had in the PVE area. But once again, I am not talking about you. I specifically asked in my post above, what about the players who basically already have everything?

Also what is wrong with your solar rails becoming attacked in a short period of time? I see nothing wrong. If you are good you'll keep those rails. If you aren't you'll lose them. It's that simple. As for what it provides the alliance that is completely subjective. For a PVP Rails alliance such as the one I'm in it provides a lot. We have a lot of networking and mediums built around rail discussions. It helped us create a massive community. You think the community just popped up out of no where?

If you want to know what is not a challenge grinding the same pve elements basically over and over again from MR0 to MR20 or what have you is not a challenge. It is just pure boredom. If you enjoy that, so be it but lots of other people enjoy pvp and that is what this section is for. You've already admitted above that you play pvp very little, so you're opinion on pvp is just that at best. It would be like me having little experience playing Black Ops III and then going over on their forums and writing a page about what I think it should or should not be. It's interesting but doesn't carry much weight.

1 hour ago, (XB1)Lorewalker1022 said:

Just to note I don't know how you can say PVP is not challenging lol. Playing against real players is always more challenging than grinding against NPCs...even ones that scale. The potential for unpredicatability against real players is just so much higher. There is absolutely no argument there. The only thing Warframe NPCs can do is scale in level. Second of all of course you would find PVE more enjoyable as you just said you don't enjoy PVP and you aren't even close to having everything. Obviously you still have a lot of enjoyment to be had in the PVE area. But once again, I am not talking about you. I specifically asked in my post above, what about the players who basically already have everything?

Also what is wrong with your solar rails becoming attacked in a short period of time? I see nothing wrong. If you are good you'll keep those rails. If you aren't you'll lose them. It's that simple. As for what it provides the alliance that is completely subjective. For a PVP Rails alliance such as the one I'm in it provides a lot. We have a lot of networking and mediums built around rail discussions. It helped us create a massive community. You think the community just popped up out of no where?

If you want to know what is not a challenge grinding the same pve elements basically over and over again from MR0 to MR20 or what have you is not a challenge. It is just pure boredom. If you enjoy that, so be it but lots of other people enjoy pvp and that is what this section is for. You've already admitted above that you play pvp very little, so you're opinion on pvp is just that at best. It would be like me having little experience playing Black Ops III and then going over on their forums and writing a page about what I think it should or should not be. It's interesting but doesn't carry much weight.

AMEN BROTHER

12 hours ago, (XB1)Lorewalker1022 said:

You are playing the wrong game then.

No PvP in Dark Sector ? Good riddance ! I came into Warframe because it's cooperation-based. To be honest, I always thought that PvP never had its place in this game. It sounds like a bad joke : "This is a coop game, but we have PvP to let you quarrel against each other". I don't to play PvP, and I don't want to. So the less I have to see it, the better I am ; and for sure, I'm not alone.

2 minutes ago, Arkhenbarn said:

No PvP in Dark Sector ? Good riddance ! I came into Warframe because it's cooperation-based. To be honest, I always thought that PvP never had its place in this game. It sounds like a bad joke : "This is a coop game, but we have PvP to let you quarrel against each other". I don't to play PvP, and I don't want to. So the less I have to see it, the better I am ; and for sure, I'm not alone.

What part of fighting with a 4,000 member alliance to take a node on any given day is not cooperative. One person can't take a node. It sounds pretty cooperative to me. 

Finally this is pvp feedback section not I hate pvp so I'm just going to say good riddance it's not available section. I think you are  looking for the wrong section. Lol

2 minutes ago, Arkhenbarn said:

So u rather rind gor things overe n over and what if u mr to the highest level what will u do than at least with pvp u can take your mind off not getting the drop chance mods and prime parts pvp is in this hame and its part of the evolution of this game game why do u think they adding a new pvp game mode. This is fallout me honestly his style of pvp gameplay can be better than cod its faster and fun to play the only thing wrong is the connection issue other than that great pvp n pve game 

4 minutes ago, Arkhenbarn said:

I just want to take this opportunity to tell everyone here, please do not get up in arms about this. This is his opinion; he doesn't like pvp. He didn't even say pvp was bad, he just doesn't like it. Warframe is an extremely casual game, and trying to tell the majority of players to pvp would be akin to adding csgo to farmville. Some players simply did not come to warframe for the pvp, and that is just fine, **especially** if they have the sense to say "I just don't like it" without saying it's straight up bad, as this commenter has.

4 minutes ago, Phasedragon said:

I just want to take this opportunity to tell everyone here, please do not get up in arms about this. This is his opinion; he doesn't like pvp. He didn't even say pvp was bad, he just doesn't like it. Warframe is an extremely casual game, and trying to tell the majority of players to pvp would be akin to adding csgo to farmville. Some players simply did not come to warframe for the pvp, and that is just fine, **especially** if they have the sense to say "I just don't like it" without saying it's straight up bad, as this commenter has.

Point taking but if his opinion is negative towards pvp why is he looking in conclave threed than honestly its almost nick picking at those who like it but i do respect ur thoughts on this phase cause u are a good conclave player

18 minutes ago, Arkhenbarn said:

If you don't like PvP, why are you posting in PvP feedback ? Seems a little counter-productive to me. I don't play the PvE portion of this game at all but I don't go and derail PvE threads by talking about how much I don't like it.