The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nova M. Prime question

Kiyusuke

Question

Hi ALL,

Just got my first Nova prime yesterday and wondering how can I tell if my m prime needs recasting? Can't see any counter at the top or bottom. There are times that I see enemies affected by it and some are not. 

12 answers to this question

Let's answer this question by looking at how the power works:

Molecular Prime sends out a large particle wave. Enemies who touch this particle wave get "primed". "Primed" enemies will not stay "primed" forever, be warned

After the particle wave has reached its maximum size, it disappears. "Primed" enemies will stay "primed" even after the particle wave is finished. Enemies who show up after the particle wave has reached its maximum size (and thus has vanished) will not be "primed"

The maximum size of the particle wave is effected by Duration mods, not Range mods

There are two ways, the first is if you don't see the energy waves anymore,The obvious one. 

The second is when you cast it you can see her "pig-tails" Stand up a bit. When they go back down Molecular prime would have stopped.

42 minutes ago, Kiyusuke said:

thanks. But how will I know if my M Prime has reached its max size and disappeared? 

only by seeing the wave disappear, or memorizing about how long before it'll expire.

the first option is usually sufficient.

33 minutes ago, Sunfaiz said:

The second is when you cast it you can see her "pig-tails" Stand up a bit. When they go back down Molecular prime would have stopped.

uh. Nova's exhaust vents / flaps extend when you:

cast an Ability
Sprint
Slide
Parkour
Channel

soooooo... unless you're standing in one spot and never move or Fine Aim, and otherwise just basically be an AFK turret, that's not going to really work.

Edited by taiiat

7 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Let's answer this question by looking at how the power works:

Molecular Prime sends out a large particle wave. Enemies who touch this particle wave get "primed". "Primed" enemies will not stay "primed" forever, be warned

After the particle wave has reached its maximum size, it disappears. "Primed" enemies will stay "primed" even after the particle wave is finished. Enemies who show up after the particle wave has reached its maximum size (and thus has vanished) will not be "primed"

The maximum size of the particle wave is effected by Duration mods, not Range mods

This.

I'd also suggest paying attention to how much duration you have on her. The wave travels at about 5m/s so you can calculate how much duration do you need, how far the wave reaches and how far are you from the enemy spawn points, as the moment your wave travels past those spawn points there are going to be enemies that are not affected by the wave.

2 hours ago, Zyrgi said:

This.

I'd also suggest paying attention to how much duration you have on her. The wave travels at about 5m/s so you can calculate how much duration do you need, how far the wave reaches and how far are you from the enemy spawn points, as the moment your wave travels past those spawn points there are going to be enemies that are not affected by the wave.

+ Use Scanner, i use Synthesis scanner, to check the distance