The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What should I aim for???

Gefy

Question

So I'm a mastery 2 lvl 30 Excalibur. I am making the Dual Zoren and the Boltor. I already have the Twin vipers at lvl 4. I am running out of credits and platinum what do I do? I want a new warframe really bad but I'm not sure which one or how to farm them well. I want good weapons but I don't know which ones are good. I am confused. What should I get? I want to get the incubator power core but I suck at void missions. I want to kill the Lynx but the ospreys spawn back to fast and are impossible to shoot. What do I do???? Please help me! Anyone!

21 answers to this question

Remember that the real stat progression is your mods, plenty of low level mission can give you the necessary mods and if you're lucky, few rare mods that can be traded with plats can be found even on appollodorus. If you don't have resources to get the new weapons/warframe, then you better spend the time gathering fusion cores for mods like Serration, Redirection, Vitality, Elemental mods, etc. It will help you progressing the star chart with your current equipment.

possible "Lynx-Strategy":  use your "Radial blind" ability... shoot the ospreys.. kill Lynx  (  shoot/punch/kick/bite him ;)

aaand you could solve your creds-problem, by doing some DarkSector-defense-missions...

Edited by -Shigemi-

MR2 doesn't give you a lot of good weapon options.

As far as frames go, Rhino is from the boss on Venus and is a nice tanky frame for new players.  Most frames you can get easily early on are from bosses on the planets, each planets boss drops parts for a particular frame there are more frames that just from those but they are the easy ones to get early on and offer a decent variety.  Also you might not want a tanky frame but want something else, just look up the frames on the wiki and the wiki will also contain how to get them.  

As far as weapons at MR2 or lower.  Kohm is a shotgun/machinegun hybrid, it burns through ammo but is pretty fun.  Boltor is solid enough and you are already building it so there is that, Sonicor is a secondary but its pretty fun, If you get lucky any of the weapons from Stalker like Dread, Hate, and Despair are all great weapons.  As far as melee's go Dual Zoren are solid for MR2 weapons and you can't really go wrong, at MR3 the Broken-War from the Second Dream quest is truly great.  

Really for both weapons and frames its more about the type of weapon/frame you want, and less about "whats the best" at MR2 there is nothing "top tier", and beyond that even with weapons that arn't "top tier" you can crush basically all of the games content anyhow.  The Sybaris is a great example of this, it is not top tier by any measure its a mid tier weapon in even the best case scenarios.  Yet you can still mod it to do great damage and be fine for 90%+ of the games missions/content.  So unless you just fall in love with an actively bad but beautiful weapon like the Silva and Aegis you can't really go wrong.  

Rhino is a great second frame.  He's easy to farm and he's tanky enough to get you pretty far in the Solar Map and his powers are useful for crowd control and boost team's damage output.  Depending on your play style, there are plenty other good frames to aim for.  

Melee doesn't really matter too much so pick whatever you like or use any of the free blueprints you end up getting from quests, log in, and/or alerts.  For primary, try Karak and at MR 4 Ignis and shotguns like Hek, if you didn't care too much for Boltor.  If you can aim pretty well, try Latron or the shotgun Tigris or various bows.  At MR 6, try Soma and build for crit chance and crit damage.  The Warframe anniversary is coming up so we should all be getting some (or at least one) free weapons; if you don't have credit to build weapons, just wait a few more days then you'll have some shiny new weapons to play with. :)

Don't bother with incubation cores and kubrows just yet.  Kubrows are huge credit drain in so many ways and it's good for those who have way too much credit and not enough things to spend on.  Get the blueprint for 100k credits and build the Carrier sentinel instead.

Other than that, keep unlocking planets and do the missions on the nodes.  Ask in recruit if you need help.

If you get a party lynx will probably be dead before you even get the chance to see it as anyone with modded weapons can take it out almost instantly

As for credits Raids are probably the best way to go but I sense that probably isn't an option so Dark Sector Defense/Survival to 5 is also pretty good or low level void missions like capture if you have the keys to burn you can just rush them.

For boss killing open your team to public and usually there will be players trying to kill given boss too. You can also use the Recruit channel. For example: "H/LF Alad V farming" and people who wish to farm him for Valkyr/Neural Sensors will join you.

I recommend going planet by planet and farming each frame from the bosses because you will want to try them out at some point anyway. Of course, building can be expensive for a starting player so choose which one you want to build first and farm for the resources.

One of the most common ways of farming credits is doing 5 waves of Dark Sector defence, and then running it again and again. Here also open your team to public.

Start running T1 Void missions, they are relatively low level and there are usually players on Recruit channel hosting low level Void without keyshare.

Excalibur is cool.

Boltor is cool. Dual Zoren is cool. For secondary... im fan of Twin Grakatas and Sonicor.

Other options: Tonkor. Boltace

New Zhuge is good weapon in all right places.

Clan weapons: Dual Ichor. Amprex, Jat Kittag Ignis

Broken War is great stick. Also anniversary weapons (should be soon).

Frames:

Depends what you like. Melee or Caster or Support...

Easy order of obtaining frames factoring mission cracking: Excalibur -> Rhino -> Loki -> Valkyr ->Frost-> Everything else or whatever you like.

Mag is cool against Corpus (and will be after rework) Volr is good for captures Ember/Saryn are good against Infested. Mirage is strong DPS. Trinity is always welcome by others.

With Prime Junk just aim for something, could be several things.

Soma Prime, Braton Prime, SPira Prime, Lex Prime, Scindo Prime, Bo Prime, Paris Prime are good sticks.

Do Archwing Quest it will be useful. Ignore Kubrow it is just credit sink. Get carrier sentinel since life is too short to collect loot manually (like animal).

Edited by felixsylvaris

While Rhino is a great frame and easy to use early on, use him as a stepping stone to something else, not a main. Rhino will numb your ability to dodge bullets and make it harder to switch back to a frame you cant face tank with. As for weapons, Karak is a great starter primary, and a decent upgrade from the likes of braton.

For Lynx, your Exalted Blade ability (4) is very good. Hell, that ability is very good in general. Excal can take you through the star map very easily properly modded. Shoot for 175% efficiency, >100% strength, and a bit of duration. You can mostly ignore range if you want. This should bring EB's drain to about 0.66/sec. 

As far as weapons go, you won't need much in primaries and secondaries. EB scales with your melee mods, so elementals and damage increases are your friends. 

Give EB a shot on Lynx and see how it does. 

5 hours ago, trunks013 said:

MR 2 you can farm a rhino ^.^ its a good frame to start with.

Oh and you can recruit a lot of tenno will want to help you in the void believe me ^.^ 

thx

Well, I haven't read everything but I realize a lot of people recomending the rhino. Thing is, I suck at void missions and you need control modules to build him, so any tips for that? 

21 minutes ago, Gefy said:

Well, I haven't read everything but I realize a lot of people recomending the rhino. Thing is, I suck at void missions and you need control modules to build him, so any tips for that? 

Aim for Tower I Extermination or Mobile Defense. Go for full squad from recruit tab. Let them carry You. :-)

You can also get some from Europe or Neptune

Rank up Twin Vipers to 30 for mastery and ditch them. Terrible ammo consumption makes them complete dog crap, imho. I would never recommend to build those that early in the game, but since you already done that, it's too late.

Get yourself a Lex as secondary.

19 hours ago, FireC0braClaw said:

Rank up Twin Vipers to 30 for mastery and ditch them. Terrible ammo consumption makes them complete dog crap, imho. I would never recommend to build those that early in the game, but since you already done that, it's too late.

Get yourself a Lex as secondary.

geez, lay down on the offense plus, i never use secondary

19 hours ago, felixsylvaris said:

Aim for Tower I Extermination or Mobile Defense. Go for full squad from recruit tab. Let them carry You. :-)

You can also get some from Europe or Neptune

oh, didn,t know that, thx

22 hours ago, Ant11337 said:

For Lynx, your Exalted Blade ability (4) is very good. Hell, that ability is very good in general. Excal can take you through the star map very easily properly modded. Shoot for 175% efficiency, >100% strength, and a bit of duration. You can mostly ignore range if you want. This should bring EB's drain to about 0.66/sec. 

As far as weapons go, you won't need much in primaries and secondaries. EB scales with your melee mods, so elementals and damage increases are your friends. 

Give EB a shot on Lynx and see how it does. 

sure

6 hours ago, Gefy said:

geez, lay down on the offense plus, i never use secondary

Nah he is not on the offense but twin viper is a very costly weapons for starter for what it does.

Some tenno will tell you log on during the Warframe birthday event and you will get a Dex Furis for free wich can suits your need better because hey you know FREE weapons !

Like There : 

Edited by trunks013